It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CatrionaBeldame

Are you looking at a flag with red, white and a green tree? That's Lebanon, military parade.

ETA: Lebanon Independence Day
edit on 22-11-2012 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

I am. Thanks. I had no idea what was going on. Been very interesting watching it.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Israeli Military Arrests 55 'Terror Operatives'

Gaza 26 minutes ago The Israel military has arrested 55 Fatah, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad members in the West Bank, reports Al Jazeera Arabic. The Israeli military has confirmed in a statement released this morning that they have detained and arrested 55 "terror operatives" in the Judea and Samaria region, "suspected" of being "affiliated with different terror groups". The statement says that the arrests were made "in light of recent terrorist and violent activity in Judea and Samaria and as part of the security forces' attempt to restore calm to the area the decision was made to carry out the arrests."

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Here are some more "terror operatives". And a cool study of Iron Dome at the end.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

04:01 A.M. Army Radio reports that rockets fired from Gaza after cease-fire leave Israeli boy in Netivot lightly wounded and house in Be'er Sheva damaged.

10:17 A.M. Rockets alerts sound in Hof Ashkelon and Sderot (Haaretz)

Source: www.haaretz.com...

true or false? Doesn't matter, I'm so glad that this seems to be over for now

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
AJELive ‏@AJELive
People in #Ashkelon #Israel say #Gaza should have been "deleted" aje.me...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Whos watching the reuters feed. Smoke rising in background

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Whos watching the reuters feed. Smoke rising in background

Looks like clouds to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Yes it does now, but im sure i saw black smoke rising before. It only lasted about 10 sec before it disapated.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Yes it does now, but im sure i saw black smoke rising before. It only lasted about 10 sec before it disapated.

They were setting off fireworks last night Gaza time. There was also a lot of gunfire. It could be any number of things. Even the exhaust from a cars which is something we aren't used to seeing on these feeds.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
ABC News ‏@abcnews
Israeli troops arrest 55 Palestinian "terror operatives" across West Bank, hours after Gaza truce came into effect www.abc.net.au...
edit on 22-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Setting up for a press conference on Reuters. I have to go to work in a few minutes so please let me know what it's in regards to. reuters.livestation.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Bibi is speaking on the Reuters Live Stream atm, unfortunately no idea what he is saying because it's in Hebrew.

ETA:

Hamas' military wing claims that throughout Operation Pillar of Defense, 12 long-range rockets were fired at Israel, six Fajr missiles and six M-75 missiles, which are manufactured in the Gaza Strip.

A spokesperson for the Islamic Jihad said his organization fired 600 rockets at Israel in the last week, and that it intends to continue arming itself with rockets and firing them at Israel

Chief of Staff Maj. Gen. Benny Gantz, in a statement in wake of cease-fire deal: "We decided to stop the operation after eight days. It is still too early to tell what will happen in the coming months. If nothing comes out of Gaza, it will remain quiet."

Gantz said each and every one of the operation's objectives were achieved, including severe damage to Hamas' military leadership, alongside what he described as "a lethal blow to Hamas' strategic capabilities." Gantz implied that the army is focusing on what is being done in Iran and Libya, since these are the main sources of weapons-supply to the Gaza Strip - evident from the unmanned aerial vehicles that were destroyed, as well as the Fajr rockets and anti-tank missiles.

edit on 22-11-2012 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
'''A spokesperson for the Islamic Jihad said his organization fired 600 rockets at Israel in the last week, and that it intends to continue arming itself with rockets and firing them at Israel'''''

^^^^^ Cease fire?

We plan to continue firing rockets. LOL

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
'''A spokesperson for the Islamic Jihad said his organization fired 600 rockets at Israel in the last week, and that it intends to continue arming itself with rockets and firing them at Israel'''''

^^^^^ Cease fire?

We plan to continue firing rockets. LOL

Islamic Jihad isn't Hamas (is it?) so it'll be interesting to see what happens if they do.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Oh right. Tks for the correction.
It's hard to keep up .

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
twitter:

4m SOAS ‏@SOAS4gaza
The ceasefire has held throughout the night. The announcement was met with celebration on the streets of Gaza.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Lt. Boris Yarmulnik, 28, from Netanya, died today of wounds incurred from a rocket fired from Gaza yesterday. We salute his memory.

IDF Twitter

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
5minutes ago :Harry Fear ‏@harryfear
… just over the green line from Gaza's Khan Yunis; Israeli soldiers opened fire injuring 4.

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join