It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 240
<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Source

“If you compare the situation in Gaza to the situation in Syria today,” Ayalon said, “where the Assad regime just mercilessly butchers people and children there is a big difference and I would say that most of the people that were hit in Gaza deserved it as they were just armed terrorists.”

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Israel's twitter front...

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My question, my only question, is how long is this ceasefire going to last?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Source

“If you compare the situation in Gaza to the situation in Syria today,” Ayalon said, “where the Assad regime just mercilessly butchers people and children there is a big difference and I would say that most of the people that were hit in Gaza deserved it as they were just armed terrorists.”

The Syrian regime considers everyone that sides with FSA, "armed terrorists." Governments can never stop with their bull# propaganda.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

IDF Summarizes Operation: 1,500 Gaza Targets Hit

Israel National News

The IDF hit more than 1,500 targets in Gaza during Operation Pillar of Defense, according to a statement released Wednesday night.

The statement was a summary of the counterterrorist operation, which came to an end after a ceasefire was announced on Wednesday evening.

The IDF said it achieved the goals that were set prior to the operation and dealt a severe blow to Hamas and its military capabilities.

As a result of the IDF’s strikes, said the statement, there was significant damage to Hamas’s command array, including the targeted killing of arch-terrorist Ahmed Jaabari, extensive damage to infrastructure, facilities and Hamas military bases, as well as the bombing of dozens of smuggling tunnels.

The IDF said that its airstrikes destroyed and damaged Hamas’s strategic capabilities, including long-range rockets and hundreds of medium-range and short-range rockets. Consequently, Hamas’s launching capabilities were significantly disrupted.

Over the course of Operation Pillar of Defense, the IDF targeted 19 senior command centers, operational control centers and Hamas’ senior-rank headquarters, 30 senior operatives, 140 smuggling tunnels, 66 terror tunnels, dozens of Hamas operation rooms and bases, and 26 weapon manufacturing and storage facilities.

In total, 1,506 rockets were fired at Israel during Pillar of Defense, of which 875 exploded in open spaces and 58 exploded in populated areas. The Iron Dome anti-missile system intercepted 421 rockets, with a success rate of 84%.

Five Israelis, including four civilians and one soldier, were killed during the days of the operation and 240 people were wounded.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The targeted assassination of Ahmed Jabari was followed by an extensive bombing campaign under Operation Pillar of Cloud. The latter consists of a carefully planned military endeavor.

F-16 fighter planes, Apache helicopters and unmanned drones were deployed. Israeli naval forces deployed along the Gaza shoreline were involved in extensive shelling of civilian targets.
---
The Israeli attacks were followed by the firing of dozens of rockets by Hamas against Israel.

Palestine’s response was known to Israeli war planners. The resulting Israeli civilian casualties are now being used to justify military escalation on humanitarian grounds.

What we are dealing with is a carefully planned operation, a clear act of provocation. The deaths of Israeli civilians (envisaged and foreseen by IDF military planners) are being used to muster the support of the Israeli public.

Meanwhile, the Israeli attack is casually portrayed by the Western media as part of a legitimate counter-terrorism agenda.

So, they planned it this way from the beginning. Knowing that the airstrike that killed Ahmed Jabari would elicit a Barrage of "poop rockets" response from Hamas, Israel then justified their response to the response to the assassination as "justified".

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Am I hearing explosions on the RT feed?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
DP
edit on 21-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I just got here and haven't looked back thru the pages, but in regard to Syria, I think you'll find that Syria actually IS fighting terrorists trying to overthrow Assad for western purposes, a la Libya.

The people who didn't like him much before are pulling for him now, b/c they don't want a NATO solution.

Which makes sense if you go by the opposite of what they're trying to sell us, par usual.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

edit on 21-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I keep hearing low rumbles on the RT camera. No thunderstorms in the area.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Wind...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
IDF dropping Leaflet again on Gaza

www.jewishpress.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SajeevJino
IDF dropping Leaflet again on Gaza

www.jewishpress.com...

Is that after the cease fire? Kind of looks like it was from earlier in the day. The timestamp says Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:07 GMT from the same type of article on this news post: www.trust.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Those are still drones flying... No?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

It's going to take them a minimum of 24 hours to wind down ops. They'll keep them over Gaza to make sure that Hamas honors the cease fire for awhile, then gradually stand down.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

That was my understanding of the noise. So, yes they are still flying.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

TYVM... awfully quiet...

Hope the cease stands.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Pretty quiet so far. I did hear two big booms but after further investigation i concluded they were outside my own house lol.

­Nov. 22, 00:57 GMT: Israeli military has confirmed that at least five rockets had been fired at Israel from Gaza since the implementation of the ceasefire. “We have counted five rockets fired from Gaza since 21:00 Wednesday,” the Israeli military's press service told Ria Novosti. “Three of them landed in Israel, while two were intercepted. We did not fire back.” Earlier Reuters reported that 12 rockets were fired from Gaza, citing a police source.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm back after taking a break. I see it's daylight in Gaza, and still pretty quiet. Can hear voices talking near the camera along with the drones, and traffic.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Troops on Reuters...

reuters.livestation.com...

top topics

<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join