It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Red Alert: Iron Dome tries to intercept shower of rockets launched from Gaza

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Israel is entirely capable of marching it's soldiers in and attacking the individuals, not entire city blocks with innocent civilians on them. Israel has the capabilities to shoot down the missiles Hamas keeps launching. They could go in and eliminate Hamas with Bullets, not bombs.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by bellagirl
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

i would like to reply to your post. by no means am i out to pick a fight with you but.....

i think you post says it all by you suggesting you would rather watch katy perry's boobs. do you see that maybe that is what is wrong with the western world ?. we have been dumbed down so much by seeing the above said boobs along with many others. this IS world news. we want to see for ourselves what the bloody hell is going on FOR OURSELVES. we dont want to see the pictures and hear the commentary of what those who control the media choose to show us, we are grown adult who want to make our own decisions on what is going on.

you my friend may be excited by geordie shores/jersey shores....but others show an interest in world affairs.

just maybe if we had a live cam in such institutions as jp morgon...goldman sachs etc and the world was able to see EXACTLY what the bloody hell was going on there...the whole global financial crisis may just not have happened.

the katy perry comment was just emphasize how excited you all are. But since you didnt really get the allegory I'll try to go slower:

This is just a poor excuse to watch the suffering of a people. The way ppl also stop at traffic accidents or some other chance of watching death. But yes, its well disguised as "humanitarian", "information" or whatever. Believe in what you want, but if you search deep inside, its pure blood lust. This thread gets a new page each 2 or 3 minutes...

I have no idea whats a "geordie shores/jersey shores" btw, so I cant really give any answer related to that.

For me this is a shark feeding frenzy. I wonder if you were bombed in your own house, if you'd like to have your dismembered family shown on a live feed so thousands of people could satiate their thirst for blood and morbid curiosity. I wouldnt. Want to do something? Go there. Send aid. Volunteer for some kind of real help. Watching this over a smoke and a coke isnt really going to do anything.

Your still here ????. i thought this was so offensive to you...yet your still here.

you may want to check out youtube...i heard some kid just kicked another kid in the nuts. you may get lucky and see some boobies too.

p.s...dont bother replying. i wont be answering you again. your comments are off topic.
edit on 16-11-2012 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by intrptr

Where are you going to go? Israel or the ocean. They have no choice but to stay in Gaza.

link   
reply to post by antar

Same Same, Good night.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Oops guys, THIS THREAD is for passing along real time information, not one of the more discussion based threads. Now the OP worked hard all day on this and went to bed for a bit, but really, please keep this clean for any one who does not have time to filter through sentiments on both sides.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Honestly, I'm ex mil and I'm trying really hard to understand the excitement... yet I find none.

It was one of the best things I can honestly say that I`ve witnessed in a long time,seeing a missile intercepted that was fired to kill innocent people.

Other than that,I highly doubt anyone here is watching to get thrills from bloodshed.

edit on 16-11-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SajeevJino

That Interception looks Cool

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

On one of the links a few pages back Egypt is planning to open some road for anyone who needs refuge. I sure hope so because if this does escalate there will be many in need of help.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Listen, this is getting a little ridiculous...

People are dying, and you treat this as who gets the first seat in a Batman movie premiere.

Its kinda disturbing to see you all jumping around from livecam to livecam, like a shark eating frenzy, sharing with others so you can all see whats going on in gaza... what do you really hope to see? Destruction? Death? Why exactly are you all sharing and watching this?

If this was about a katy perry's boob flash I could understand and I'd be the first to watch the feed... but this? This thread is a sad and ugly sample of certain human being's deepest dark side. Must be great to be in the comfort of your homes watching the sheer terror of people that live 7000 miles away and dont even know if they're alive tomorrow... and you're there, sitting and watching with no respect whatsoever.

Just try to think that for every firework you watch and hear, one or more lives were extinguished before your eyes.

This morbid curiosity is unexplainable. Your attitude is despicable and disturbing.

Thank you for posting this. Your kind gives me hope.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Where are you going to go? Israel or the ocean. They have no choice but to stay in Gaza.

I think the southern border of Gaza connects to Egypt? Or Sinai? But they are really prisoners aren't they? The Gaza Prison. Surrounded by barb wire and shelled.

Imagine for a minute if America shelled one of its prisons. How low can you go?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
does anyone else think its plausable that hezbollah may start throwing a few over. its possible that while they think israel is watching what the right hand is doing..they may just try to throw an uppercut.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
@Shaxuul and anyone else who has forgotten/isn't aware:

To repeat the title of this thread:

This thread is for updates.
There are many other threads to debate the merits/justifications of either side.

edit on 16-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

ETA: I see antar posted a reminder as well, it went up as I was writing.
edit on 16-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

link   
Israel Will Stop Assault on Gaza during

JERUSALEM, Nov 16 (Reuters) - Israel will stop its offensive action in the Gaza Strip during a three-hour visit by the Egyptian prime minister to the territory on Friday, a senior Israeli government official said. Egypt's Prime Minister Hisham Kandil prepared to visit the Gaza Strip in an unprecedented display of solidarity with Hamas militants embroiled in a new escalation of conflict with Israel. "Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has agreed to an Egyptian request to cease all offensive operations in Gaza during the visit of the Egyptian prime minister there this morning, which is supposed to last for about three hours," the official said.

Sorry for the title I took my computer apart last week and messed up the keyboard's lights can't see a thing!

link   
reply to post by intrptr

It absolutely does, but unless Egypt decides to let people through it would be useless. I'm pretty sure that border is patrolled and regulated. It's not like they can all just up and run for it.

I did notice a post earlier mentioning Egypt is talking about opening it's doors, but until then the best thing Gazan's can do is try to avoid any targets, which I'm sure they have been doing.

The Twitter feeds portray a much different picture than news or Israeli sources.

link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Israel is entirely capable of marching it's soldiers in and attacking the individuals

And Hamas adapts it's tactics.

During the 2009 Gaza raid terrorists did the same thing, they would shoot from a crowded area, or a residential building, or from an apartment where people live, forcing IDF soldiers to respond.

This is the official policy of Hamas terrorists. If they're going to die, they want to get propaganda value from it. And this propaganda value is as good as any military victory.

This is all a part of the demented Islamist mentality that see's any self sacrifice which benefits the umma (Islamic community) as a command of Allah, and guarantees one a paradisaical afterlife. This is what Al-Bannah called "the art of death".

So when Hamas terrorists shoot from buildings, knowing that they are endangering civilian lives - both combatants (terrorists) and non-combatants (civilians), are waging "Jihad", which is a war for the sake of Allah. This is what warrants a modification in the idea of 'non-combatants' with regard to Palestinians. Palestinians (in Gaza) are such ardent supporters of the regime, that many of them willingly permit terrorists to use their houses to shoot at the IDF, which means, accepting the possible consequence of getting yourself and your family killed.

Islamism almost melts the boundaries between combatant and non-combatant, when both parties have an ideology which see's dying as something noble, and good, when done for the sake of the good of Islam.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

and Hizbollah plays the exact same tactics - always from heavily populated areas!

They're next too......

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The Sound of Terror: 6 Rockets from Gaza Strike Ashdod

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I have a lot to say to this, mainly based on judaism teaching it's not okay to hurt anyone ever, this isn't about religion. Wrong is wrong. We as the human race came up with rules and laws for war for a reason. If you really want to discuss this with me we can do it over U2U, but I keep getting dragged into debates and others have brought up this thread is for updates, and I haven't provided an update in a while.

I'm merely contributing to the derailment of this thread by continuing a discussion.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Watching the streams and seeing the vids on liveleak i gotta say iron dome is the bomb.
Its really realy good! Shooting down missiles left right and centre.

Imagine how Iran/Syria or Hezbollah feel.. the Iron dome really does what its designed to do, yes it doesnt stop everything but damn its great!
edit on 16-11-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join