It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
twitter:

8m Occupy Utrecht ‏@OccupyUtrecht
Found no independent confirmation about IDF invading West-Ramallah #WestBank at... dlvr.it...

link leads to fb post:

Dutch Revolution · 3,420 like this
27 minutes ago ·
Found no independent confirmation about IDF invading West-Ramallah #WestBank at this time. Only seems to be one source for that claim on twitter. Hopefully people will keep their cool.
Like · Comment
Ymani Simmons, Mustafa Yener and Debora Scatena like this.

Dutch Revolution I also confirm to have found no other sources. -pj
23 minutes ago · 1

Johni To This seems to be the only source, being repeated and retweeted by many tweeps right now.But she does not provide any additional information to support her claim. twitter.com...
6 minutes ago

Dutch Revolution I believe in the journalist mantra: at least two sources that provide detailed information before you believe something.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

So you wanted more people to die? Is that what you are saying?
edit on 21/11/12 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
@IsraeliGuy:

I really hope that's true.

Do you mind me asking - I asked an Israeli person on fb that had commented on a post, about what Israeli people, in general, thought of him, but he never replied.

Was that whole UN bomb thing as much of an embarrassment as it seemed to be? like a Bushism?

Is he more clever than that? He seems to be, ie, he's doing these things to provoke an intended response?
edit on 21-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

edit on 21-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

I'm way beyond the point of bickering back and forth with people who are dead stuck with their head against the wall.

And as I was saying - Israelies (and myself) are wondering why did he launch the op in the firstplace if he's just going to stop just like that without a major goal achieved.

But don't let that stop you on your usual whining at casualties and civilian deaths or whatever.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

What the hell? Whats the connection between your answer and what that guy said? O.o

Take off the mask, anoxia is beginning to take its toll...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
Was that whole UN bomb thing as much of an embarrassment as it seemed to be?

When he presents kindergarten paintings to the UN he's embarrassing himself. When he starts an op that shuts down the entire south country, calls 70k reservists just to sit on the border and 'stand by', and ends it all just like that with terms that have only legitimized Hamas even more, he's embarrassing the country and the army.

People are not feeling as if we lost this little conflict because honestly the damage in Israel compared to Gaza is laughable, but they are feeling disappointed because he had them believe he's going to put a stop to Hamas for at least some years and he only ended up in negotiating with them.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ok, thanks, wondered about that.

Like maybe he wanted for some reason to appear foolish.

You know that saying about 'nothing happens by accident in politics, if it happens, it was intended'.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Originally posted by Swills
Hamas if effin' insane. Ground invasion here we come.

Nah, nothing's going to make Netanyahoo resume the op. Not even if they launch a Fajr right now.

There's a great feeling of disappointment from Netanyahoo in Israel. People are wondering why the hell did he launch that op if he stopped just like that without even inflicting any real damage.

He lost the votes of the entire south area plus pretty much all right-winged Israelies.
So for those of you who are tired of him - ya'll won't be seeing him in the next 4 years that's for sure. Mark my words.
edit on 21-11-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

That is not what Isaelian journalists are saying on TV. According to them people are happy with him and the way he handled the whole situation and did not drag Israel into a real war. They will defenitly vote for his new term.

Besides that, drones are still above Gaza, so Israel is not holding to their end of the agreement as well.

Anyway, I hope it stops soon from both sides

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The cease fire means just that. That both sides will stop firing on one another. The drones have nothing to do with that. They're set to discuss further terms tomorrow. (Thursday).

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think I hear a jet...but even if not, the drones are very loud.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sort of related...in the way that Israel and Gaza ceasefire, Syria escalates:

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk
Airstrike hits hospital in Syria; massive casualties reported on.cnn.com...
edit on 21-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
The cease fire means just that. That both sides will stop firing on one another. The drones have nothing to do with that. They're set to discuss further terms tomorrow. (Thursday).

that is not true, all air, land and sea operation should be stopped, also the drones

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

But don't let that stop you on your usual whining at casualties and civilian deaths or whatever.

How dare we

Sorry for the opinion!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Judging by the empty streets and the sound of those drones, I don't think the people of Gaza think its "over" either.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Hamas says 'Israel failed in its goals', thanks Iran

www.france24.com...

AFP - Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal said on Wednesday that Israel had "failed in all its goals" after a Gaza truce deal came into effect, while thanking Egypt and Iran for their support during the conflict.

"After eight days, God stayed their hand from the people of Gaza, and they were compelled to submit to the conditions of the resistance," Meshaal said.

"Israel has failed in all its goals," he told reporters in a Cairo hotel.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
That is not what Isaelian journalists are saying on TV. According to them people are happy with him and the way he handled the whole situation and did not drag Israel into a real war. They will defenitly vote for his new term.

Well those Israeli journalists lie then. Feel free to enter any major Israeli portal (walla.co.il , ynet.co.il), click on the main article and translate the user comments. In this case I assure you these comments represent the majority.

Originally posted by rai76
that is not true, all air, land and sea operation should be stopped, also the drones

And I suppose the rockets that were fired after 21:00 (cease-fire) are okay.
edit on 21-11-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rai76

Not to be rude but i think you answered yourself in your reply. Yes they should stop all military action in the gaza strip but drones are not missles / bombs. Per the agreement eariler today, drones are not included in the agreement.

They wanted a quick and formal end to the immediate attacks.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It's definitely good to hear he may be out come this election but we'll see what replaces him. I agree hamas needs to be completely destroyed and removed but in the end we all know another group will just take their place. The only real way to stop these rocket and mortar attacks on Israel is for peace. There's only two ways I can think of for peace. The first way requires all the Israeli's to pack their things and move out but that ain't gonna happen so I'm leaning towards option number 2.

Option 2, Gaza and the West Bank join the state of Israel. They be given full citizenship, rights, freedoms, and protections from the best Gov't found currently in the Middle East, next to Turkey. Option 2 is a hard road to travel but it sure beats Option 1.

edit on 21-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
One thing for sure: The rooster has survived

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
One thing for sure: The rooster has survived

LMAO, he was who brokered the deal

new topics

top topics

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join