It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
it sounds to me that the reuters stream must be the international media assembled there. you can hear various accents in the background the clicking of cameras. i also saw on al jezeera what looked like the same shot with a reporter standing in front reporting.

from what i remember in the previous large scuffle a couple of years ago this is a rural patch in between the two and the reporters are sort of in the middle...therefore avoiding what is landing on either side.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

lol, It is no where near turning into 'WWIII".

If Egypt were to get involved, and America were to intervene, or Iran were to shoot missiles, or Syria, Hezbollah etc, attempt to expand the war into multiple fronts, than you could fear the war 'expanding' into the wider region.

Not until major superpowers get involved, i.e. America, Russia, China, or even Iran, could you call it 'WWIII'.

However, I am extremely disconcerted about all these developments.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

lol, It is no where near turning into 'WWIII".

If Egypt were to get involved, and America were to intervene, or Iran were to shoot missiles, or Syria, Hezbollah etc, attempt to expand the war into multiple fronts, than you could fear the war 'expanding' into the wider region.

Not until major superpowers get involved, i.e. America, Russia, China, or even Iran, could you call it 'WWIII'.

However, I am extremely disconcerted about all these developments.

That's exactly what I think is going to happen and why I said that.
edit on 15-11-2012 by MadhatterTheGreat because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by intrptr

On Reuters, the camera panned up, we saw a single streak of grey, at which point the object exploded, the camera then panned down and I saw a small poof of black smoke, and then more black smoke as something burned.

link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

That one was too close for comfort. I suppose moving won't do much good.

I'd relocate post haste

On the other hand... go down there and film whatever it was that hit there. Lightning never strikes twice...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I can understand how you must feel, however there are so many members and readers who need updates on the situation through text. This is who we are and what we do in an emergency/disaster/war. This thread is dedicated to keeping as much real time information flowing and going out virally so that this is not just an inconvenience to people, that they are forced to acknowledge that lives are being torn apart and genocide is in action. To me ignorance and denial is the real atrocity here.

link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

i would like to reply to your post. by no means am i out to pick a fight with you but.....

i think you post says it all by you suggesting you would rather watch katy perry's boobs. do you see that maybe that is what is wrong with the western world ?. we have been dumbed down so much by seeing the above said boobs along with many others. this IS world news. we want to see for ourselves what the bloody hell is going on FOR OURSELVES. we dont want to see the pictures and hear the commentary of what those who control the media choose to show us, we are grown adult who want to make our own decisions on what is going on.

you my friend may be excited by geordie shores/jersey shores....but others show an interest in world affairs.

just maybe if we had a live cam in such institutions as jp morgon...goldman sachs etc and the world was able to see EXACTLY what the bloody hell was going on there...the whole global financial crisis may just not have happened.

the katy perry comment was just emphasize how excited you all are. But since you didnt really get the allegory I'll try to go slower:

This is just a poor excuse to watch the suffering of a people. The way ppl also stop at traffic accidents or some other chance of watching death. But yes, its well disguised as "humanitarian", "information" or whatever. Believe in what you want, but if you search deep inside, its pure blood lust. This thread gets a new page each 2 or 3 minutes...

I have no idea whats a "geordie shores/jersey shores" btw, so I cant really give any answer related to that.

For me this is a shark feeding frenzy. I wonder if you were bombed in your own house, if you'd like to have your dismembered family shown on a live feed so thousands of people could satiate their thirst for blood and morbid curiosity. I wouldnt. Want to do something? Go there. Send aid. Volunteer for some kind of real help. Watching this over a smoke and a coke isnt really going to do anything.

link   
reply to post by dontreally

It's kind of hard for the civilians to stay away from the weapons, when Hamas will bring launchers to public sites, as well Israel has admitted it will fire on ANY target it thinks may have weapons. MAY, not confirmed.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

That one was too close for comfort. I suppose moving won't do much good.

I'd relocate post haste

On the other hand... go down there and film whatever it was that hit there. Lightning never strikes twice...

Lightning might not but missiles do.
They have better range too.

link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Thanks. I heard a sonic boom from something that went by faster than sound. But didn't see what you guys did.

link   
Good night everyone I will check back either later if I cant sleep or tomorrow morning. Thank you all for keeping us informed and updated.

link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by Shaxuul

You do realize Most if not all of those wounded didn't do the poking right??? So I'm sure you have the same feeling about all the Iraqi's and Afghan civilians too right? They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time huh?

Hamas fires their sh**t FROM THE VERY CIVILIAN POPULATED STREETS AND AREAs YOU'RE complaining about. Talk about cowards. Equivalent to firing an RPG from atop a pre-school building. Oh such "brave" #ing "warriors," attacking Israel from marketplace corners! where children gather to watch!
edit on 16-11-2012 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Missed it. I was typing. Saw the impact by the road there to the left. You said something was shot down? You actually saw two tracks converge?

They first got a shot of the trail of a missile coming out of Gaza at quite a distance,then the missile trail and explosion of it being intercepted above the camera crew,then shortly after the thump/explosion to the left not far from the camera crew.

English voice on Reuters just said, "Be careful".

My take on that is mooove a bit down the road.

Sounds like good advice.
edit on 16-11-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I can understand how you must feel, however there are so many members and readers who need updates on the situation through text. This is who we are and what we do in an emergency/disaster/war. This thread is dedicated to keeping as much real time information flowing and going out virally so that this is not just an inconvenience to people, that they are forced to acknowledge that lives are being torn apart and genocide is in action. To me ignorance and denial is the real atrocity here.

I almost understand that... if it wasnt for the blatant excitement of some members like this is some show or sport where you cant miss that ball on the line or if it was out or in.

Honestly, I'm ex mil and I'm trying really hard to understand the excitement... yet I find none.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I think its premature.

There have been countless battles since WWII where someone always imagines that 'this' is the beginning of WWIII. People thought that with vietnam, with the first iraq war, with the second iraq war, they even had those worries during the 6 day war (where Russia or America could have gotten involved).

While I get that there is good reason to fear that this could exacerbate into something beyond Gaza, I fear that possibility, and hope that the parties involved will work the diplomatic route to prevent any conflagration which sees another party (Egypt, or Hezbollah) involved.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaxuul

I don't think a single person here is defending Hamas... So I don't understand your rile here. Hamas are terrorists, it does not how ever give the Israelis the right to bomb schools, hospitals and other civilian structures.

This is sort of one of those situations where you need to use guns and muscles not Missiles and airplanes.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
IDF : As part of operation #PillarOfDefense, the #IDF will begin recruiting 16,000 reservists. #Gaza

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Yes, that's how deviously clever Hamas is.

They wont stop shooting rockets at Israeli towns/cities, yet Israel shouldn't respond because Hamas terrorists deliberately try to endanger civilian lives, so when Israel attacks, they get 'propaganda value' from the deaths of civilians.

That's not Israels fault. Hamas is directly responsible for each civilian death, not Israel.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Yah, probably right. I'd still move somewhere. These guys are just staying put right there... I know they aren't shooting anything except video but... really... its the first rule of war. Never stay put in one place too long.

They are obviously used to this. Ahhh... daily life in Gaza.

Oh look! Whiz Bang! Shoooom! Its 4th of July ever day.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This reuters feed is incredible quality.

It's pretty amazing that we can actually watch a live war on our computer screens.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join