It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 223
<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Man, Hillary looks like hell..even more so than usual. Either the US gov't are paying more attention to this than are letting on or she's on day 4 of a meth binge.

I'm hoping the ceasefire holds but I don't see it happening. Some jackass is gonna go bomb a bus or something as revenge for his dead brother's wife and it'll start all over again.

Why? Because neither side is interested in true, lasting peace.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wyre Davies ‏@WyreDavies
Err. Rockets being fired out of #Gaza now. twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The agreement that was reached in Cairo reportedly requires Israel to end “incursions and assassinations” but it does not go beyond that to address longer-term humanitarian, economic, and political problems.

Palestinians had hoped that a ceasefire would be followed by an easing or lifting of the blockade of Gaza, which has been in force for the last five years. The territory is controlled from the sea and air by Israel. It also controls all land borders except the southern strip near Rafah which marks Gaza’s border with Egypt.

If confirmed, failure to address that question will certainly take the shine off the achievement.

Nor was it clear either whether Egypt had agreed privately to do anything to control the flow of weapons via the network of tunnels from its territory into Gaza. Israel has been insisting that it wants to see action from Egypt and the wider international community to curb the flow of arms from Libya and Sudan via Egypt.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
this is a good bit of info, a full chartting sys. of the Gaza conflict

daily Chart

a good break down of everything thats gone on.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Wyre Davies ‏@WyreDavies

Mr Davies doesn't seem to understand that both sides will keep going up until the last second

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
hope their blocking of arms and weapons doesn't mean they are going after Iran since they stated they are supporting gaza financially and militarily.

Hope the cease fire holds, I have my doubts tho

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Wyre Davies ‏@WyreDavies

Mr Davies doesn't seem to understand that both sides will keep going up until the last second

So they have to have a deadline? Why? A truce is a truce You either accept it or you don't. If they are continuing to fire back and forth between each other, then as far as I am concerned, neither side is interested in any truce.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Looks like Reuters is back with Gaza cam reuters.livestation.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wonder how long the cease fire will last. Keep us up to date on any rocket or aggression.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Reuters is back reuters.livestation.com... Can still hear a lot of drones..maybe a jet? Not sure

link   
Occupiedair is live in Gaza again!

www.ustream.tv...

link   
I noticed that Anderson Cooper will be leaving Gaza today per his post on Twitter: @AndersonCooper or @AC360. I wonder what other news personalities will be leaving Gaza today? Is it a coincidence? Or does it have something to do with what will happen if this ceasefire fails?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
I noticed that Anderson Cooper will be leaving Gaza today per his post on Twitter: @AndersonCooper or @AC360. I wonder what other news personalities will be leaving Gaza today? Is it a coincidence? Or does it have something to do with what will happen if this ceasefire fails?

Maybe that.. Or just because of the cease fire, theres is nothing more to report for them

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Occupiedair is live in Gaza again!

www.ustream.tv...

Indeed...he's using Reuters feed

link   

Originally posted by Curio

Wyre Davies ‏@WyreDavies

So they have to have a deadline? Why? A truce is a truce You either accept it or you don't. If they are continuing to fire back and forth between each other, then as far as I am concerned, neither side is interested in any truce.

That's just not how it works in the real world though. Both sides will want to land as many punches as possible before the bell rings.

link   
More from Twitter.

Michael Kemble ‏@MickKemble

Ceasefire in 1hr. Netanyahu press conference in 30 mins "How We Won Round 2." Round 3 postponed till further notice.

Daniel Nisman ‏@DannyNis

Only in #israel: Political accusations raging before the govt gave its official position while rockets still being launched.

Daniel Nisman ‏@DannyNis

1 hour to go to ceasefire- 5 rocket salvo fired on Beer Sheva- 1 scored hit inside city. Sirens now being heard in Ashkelon.

link   
Hilary may have just been what was needed to stop the slaughter.
She spooked them,on both sides behind the scenes,into stopping the attacks with threats of removing US finance.
I bet Morsi was freaked out be her,no head covering and a kick ass attitude-with threats of money and power behind the attitude.

Lets hope the bombs stop when the cease fire takes effect in 52 mins time,according to sky news UK.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Galina Abdelaziz ‏@GalinaAbdelaziz
A cease-fire is not a solution. A cease-fire is pressing the pause button on the occupation of Palestine. #GazaUnderAttack

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ali Hashem علي هاشم ‏@alihashem_tv
#Israel ch 1: Minister Shaoul Mofaz said that the milirary operation didnt meet the objectives twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

My bet Cooper is tired. How could you sleep there?

new topics

top topics

<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join