It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Goodnight, thank you for all you have done today. Sleep well, if you can... I just laid down but then got back up before my feet hit the sheets.

link   
*watching both RT and Reuters*

I'm hearing intermittent gunfire. Anyone else?

link   
reply to post by knowledgehunter

If I lived in Gaza, I would not be outdoors right now...

Where do people from Gaza go when they have to evacuate? In other countries when the SHTF, they "refugee" out and cross borders to escape the conflict. These people stay put? They didn't even turn out the lights last night.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I've got both open too. I'm not listening with headphones, but there is a breeze going on that seems to cause the audio to crackle. It's possible that's what you're hearing.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

The real problem as i see it is that everyone does not see exactly what is going on in the world. The mainstream media hides everything! The goverment does not want people to see true tradgedy and suffering. People hear about this everyday, but pictures tell the real story. It may seem morbid, but it is happening and has always been sugar coated! The only way to make people understand is to see and hear the real, raw truth, and then maybe changes could take place.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

It's one thing to read about history. Quite another to see it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
And thats what a sonic pass sounds llke...

link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Listen, this is getting a little ridiculous...

People are dying, and you treat this as who gets the first seat in a Batman movie premiere.

Its kinda disturbing to see you all jumping around from livecam to livecam, like a shark eating frenzy, sharing with others so you can all see whats going on in gaza... what do you really hope to see? Destruction? Death? Why exactly are you all sharing and watching this?

If this was about a katy perry's boob flash I could understand and I'd be the first to watch the feed... but this? This thread is a sad and ugly sample of certain human being's deepest dark side. Must be great to be in the comfort of your homes watching the sheer terror of people that live 7000 miles away and dont even know if they're alive tomorrow... and you're there, sitting and watching with no respect whatsoever.

Just try to think that for every firework you watch and hear, one or more lives were extinguished before your eyes.

This morbid curiosity is unexplainable. Your attitude is despicable and disturbing.

What's disturbing is that you entered a thread, read all the comments, judged everyone in here superficially, and then you considered yourself worthy and enlighted enough so that you could pass fart thoughts about what people do and share or think.

The reason why people are watching this feeds is due to the severity of the situation. These events, if an escalation does occur, will change the regional politics - at best - and influence the life of millions. It could even start a major war.

If you can't handle a few shots of airstrikes and smoke plumes then turn off your PC and your internet and go back to Sesame Street or whatever calms your oversensative judgement.

People being informed and watching what unfolds (in case you haven't heard, an Israeli invasion is possible) isn't morbid curiosity. Especially in a world where information about what happens THERE is filtered.

link   
Are catching this? Rockets fired. Close! Phones ringing again.

reuters.livestation.com...

link   
reply to post by intrptr

They are pretty much surrounded by Israel. They don't have a whole lot of choice but to stay put, as sad is that may be. Until Egypt starts accepting refugees I'm afraid this is their fate.

Air strike's in bound.

Holy crap, Reuters feed seems to have shown something in the air get shot down???? Does Gaza possess anti-missile or anti-aircraft.. As well something just crashed in front of the Reuters cam...
edit on 15-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That last round targeted the camera crew!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Just saw a missile taken out that was fired from Gaza.

Good job.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

That one was too close for comfort. I suppose moving won't do much good.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So are the Reuters and RT cams the best views?

I think this is turning into WWIII.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I`m not so sure,I thought it was the left overs of the missile/s that was intercepted.

Shrugs

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

So if these cameras on the otherside of the fence(member consensus says Israeli side) are being targeted in the air strikes... Doesn't that seem odd?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Very odd. Pissing people off with streaming maybe? Or maybe like the other poster said, shrapnel from the anti-missile system.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
When Israel dropped leaflets saying 'stay away from weapons stores/facilities', isn't that indicating to the people of Gaza that they should 'stay away from weapons stores/facilities'.

If that is the logical deduction from the leaflets, why do people reporting this story always follow it up, in demagogic fashion "but the people don't know where to go".

umm, that's the point of the leaflets. The civilians being killed by airstrikes are civilians who are in the vicinity of the targeted sites. To avoid as much as possible civilian casualties - which only serves to hurt Israel - Israel drops leaflets warning civilians to stay away from the areas they're telling them to stay away from.

It's critical that people understand the implications of Israels humanitarian warnings. Do Israelis receive such warnings from Hamas? And yet! you have Palestinians, who, despite receiving these leaflets, can still claim that "Israel is trying to kill children".

Having boats off the coast of Gaza to infer where the rockets are being fired; dropping leaflets to inform civilians where not to be - in a general sense - is doing quite a lot in terms of minimizing collateral damage.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Update : Netanyahu says military will stop offensive in Gaza during visit of Egypt PM if militants do likewise

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Missed it. I was typing. Saw the impact by the road there to the left. You said something was shot down? You actually saw two tracks converge?

English voice on Reuters just said, "Be careful".

My take on that is mooove a bit down the road.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join