It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
www.debka.com...

Iranian 150-ton freighter departed Bandar Abbas port Sunday, Nov. 18, with a cargo of 220 short-range missiles and 50 improved long-range Fajar-5 rockets for the Gaza Strip,

Tehran is sending the fresh supply of disassembled rockets to replenish the stocks its allies, the Palestinian Hamas and Jihad Islami, depleted in their round-the-clock attacks on Israel since Nov. 10. .

This is from 2 days ago, so sorry if it's already been posted.
edit on 21-11-2012 by schmae because: link

I cannot see that getting anywhere close.
Do Iran wish to be drawn into the conflict now?
That freighter will get sunk by the Israeli navy before it gets to Gaza IMO.
What are Iran thinking?
Or is the Debka article reporting innaccuratley?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
BTW: Thanks for the Twitter updates, I do not have twitter and cannot follow that side of things.

You don't need a twitter account to follow peoples' feed.

A good starting point if you want to give it a try would be Andy Carvin (NPR)

I have a twitter account, but I'm currently no logged in and it's working fine.

If you need any assistance navigating the twitter world, let me know!
edit on 21-11-2012 by OneisOne because: typo!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Who knows?
Sinking it would cause huge problems.
It landing and re arming hamas would cause huge problems.
So........ that's why I shared it.
Seems important either way .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Yes ONETOONE, I don't have twitter but you can click and read anything on there.
You just cannot post !

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
www.debka.com...

Iranian 150-ton freighter departed Bandar Abbas port Sunday, Nov. 18, with a cargo of 220 short-range missiles and 50 improved long-range Fajar-5 rockets for the Gaza Strip,

Tehran is sending the fresh supply of disassembled rockets to replenish the stocks its allies, the Palestinian Hamas and Jihad Islami, depleted in their round-the-clock attacks on Israel since Nov. 10. .

This is from 2 days ago, so sorry if it's already been posted.
edit on 21-11-2012 by schmae because: link

Are there any other sources for this? Debka is pretty far from being reliable.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Or is the Debka article reporting innaccuratley?

I would say this is the best answer. I did a quick google search for any info on this and all the articles I found, TheBlaze included, all sourced the Debka article. I've always held the opinion that Debka is iffy at best as a source, but thats just my own personal opinion on that.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Sounds like jets flying over and cars driving by with the odd puncuation of an artilery shell or some other ordinance . . . other than that, sounds almost like the 'calming period' they've been bantering about.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Someone just threw up the link in the live feed chat box, so I grabbed it.
I have no clue its accuracy. Hopefully it's a rumor.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
You don't need a twitter account to follow peoples' feed.

A good starting point if you want to give it a try would be Andy Carvin (NPR)

I have a twitter account, but I'm currently no logged in and it's working fine.

If you need any assistance navigating the twitter world, let me know!
edit on 21-11-2012 by OneisOne because: typo!

Fantastic, did not know that. Appreciate the assistance!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
prolly poor taste, I'll remove it...
edit on 21-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Ceasefire talks
The Israeli prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, has convened a nine-member inner council to discuss a possible truce and ministers are optimistic it could begin tonight, says Dan Williams, from Reuters, citing IDF radio.

Source: www.guardian.co.uk...

I only believe any of this ceasefire talk when I see it.

Hamas and Islamic Jihad are taking joint responsibility for the bus bombing in Tel Aviv, Army Radio is reporting. The joint statement says that the bomber was inserted into Israel three days ago and that he was able to pass through several rings of security on the way to Tel Aviv.

The latest reports indicate that the bomber is still at large. Police say they know his identity.

-16:41/4.41pm Update Times of Israel
edit on 21-11-2012 by Zerschmetterling because: addition

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It appears things could be escalating.

4:34 P.M. An Iranian news agency says the head of Iran's Revolutionary Guard has disclosed his country has given fighters in Gaza the ability to produce longer-range missiles on their own, without direct shipments.(AP)

3:36 P.M. Two rockets strike open areas in Hof Ashkelon, and two more explode in open areas of Sdot Negev.

3:28 P.M. Iranian Parliament Speaker says Iran has sent military assistance to the Gaza Strip. "We are proud to defense the people of Palestine and Hamas," he says.

Oh boy...

3:16 P.M. IDF sources say air force wiped out Islamic Jihad militants in the Jabalya area of the Gaza Strip.

I'm willing to wager that those Iranian military units are high on the IDF's targeting list.

Source: www.haaretz.com... 350
edit on 21-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well, since the other side was reported, even though it pissed me off...It just gets to you, as I'm sure y'all can relate.
Found on twitter:

"False social media allegations about UNRWA" 20 Nov 2012 unrwa.org...

"The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) denies allegations made online by the IDF Spokesperson that Palestinian militants are using UNRWA schools or facilities in Gaza to fire rockets into Israel.

On 17 November 2012 at 22:16, the Israeli Defense Forces tweeted from their official Twitter account (@IDFSpokesperson) a link to a video hosted on their official YouTube channel, featuring an animated film that depicts militants firing rockets from a school clearly marked with the UNRWA insignia.

UNRWA is concerned about the creation and use of footage that wrongly suggests that UNRWA is allowing its premises to be used for terrorist activities in the current conflict and the unauthorised use of its logo in computer-generated material. In a situation of conflict these allegations have potentially grave consequences. UNRWA takes with utmost seriousness the neutrality of its installations, particularly in times of heightened violence."
edit on 21-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So basically there is confirmation Iran is backing hamas with arms !

Options for a cease fire are getting less and less .

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
It appears things could be escalating.

4:34 P.M. An Iranian news agency says the head of Iran's Revolutionary Guard has disclosed his country has given fighters in Gaza the ability to produce longer-range missiles on their own, without direct shipments.(AP)

3:36 P.M. Two rockets strike open areas in Hof Ashkelon, and two more explode in open areas of Sdot Negev.

3:28 P.M. Iranian Parliament Speaker says Iran has sent military assistance to the Gaza Strip. "We are proud to defense the people of Palestine and Hamas," he says.

Oh boy...

3:16 P.M. IDF sources say air force wiped out Islamic Jihad militants in the Jabalya area of the Gaza Strip.

I'm willing to wager than those Iranian military units are high on the IDF's targeting list.

Source: www.haaretz.com... 350

Holy crap..Iran appear to confirm the sending of weapons.
This is not good.

Have Iran become emboldened by the amount of Hamas rockets which have got through the Iron Dome system I wonder?

link   
Mohammed M Abu Sadaa ‏@GazanPal
A strike hit Bar - Al naaja street in north #Gaza. 2 injuries reported,#GazaUnderAttack

Hey guys.. any news?

link   
If yyour getting 403 forbidden go to streamworksinternational.com... accept "cookies" (click yes)

then click this player.streamworksint.com...

edit on 21-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Connor T ‏@conz1992
BREAKING: Gaza Health minister: Israeli Apachi airplanes attack 2 hospitals in Gaza, 7 ambulances and 15 paramedics #gazaunderattack

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Israel bombs AFP's Gaza office for second time, 3 Palestinian reporters killed in previous attacks

RT

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Hospitals?
Really...
I hope thats not true,but this is spiraling now so who can say for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join