It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 204
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yes, it wasn't a thud or boom more like a building sound, like thunder.
Sorry for my ignorance on military sounds. I'm new to this . tks

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

No, those ships are ALWAYS used for evacuations. They're perfect for them because if they use all of their heavy lift helicopters they can lift out almost 900 people in one swoop, and there's a ton of room for people between the '___', and the LHD. Both ships have a well deck that they can put people into in rough weather, and on deck during daytime on the LHD.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I don't think they're using cruise missiles. There is no reason for them. I'm pretty sure they're using mostly JDAMs, and mortars, and naval guns. The JDAM comes in 500 lb, 1000 lb, and 2000 lb sizes.

Perhaps...Though I am still waiting to see if we get a glimpse of the damage from the airstrike in the RT feed about 2 hours ago. I am imagining most of that block inside a crater.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

It sounded like mortars, or smaller caliber shells hitting.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

That sounded like a 2000 lb JDAM. I heard a few tonight that were probably 2000 lb weapons. Cruise missiles don't make sense though. Even launched from a ship, they are over their target almost as soon as they're launched.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

But when they go in to evacuate , are they carrying 2500 marines? Is that SOP ? I hope so.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Gaza is much darker tonight than it was last night. The reuters camera looks to be the only place in town with electricity.

I'm really tired of seeing people call out others for their bias when they're clearly biased themselves. It's getting old.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

In this instance they probably are, because they were deploying to the Med, so they're most likely carrying their MEU on board.
edit on 11/20/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Off topic but,..

has anyone else noticed the internet being slow or jerkey?

Jerkey is the only way I can explain it, Maybe some out there will know what I mean.

edit on 20-11-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

It's lagging for you. Usually happens when there's a data "clog". A lot of people on the net at the same time or a lot of data being pulled down.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sun is rising in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Thanks.

Thought it may be b/c of all the live feeds I have up.

Weird. Took 14 seconds to star you.

It's never been this slow.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Photos: Missile Hits Rishon LeZion Building

A Gaza missile destroyed the upper floors of a residential building in Rishon LeZion.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

JDAMs are a lot cheaper too.

Bargain Basement Bomb

U.S. allies are beating a path to the JDAM plant near St. Louis, Mo. "Israel is first on line," said Soler, followed by 18 NATO partners who are all anxious to transform their aging air forces at minimal cost. "This is the Model T of the weapons business," said Soler. "It's cheap and reliable just like Henry Ford's first cars."

JDAM

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Reuters border cam now reuters.livestation.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Sun is rising in Gaza.

Sure is.

Quickly too.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

To get a JDAM, you pretty much just strap a steering and guidance kit on an existing bomb. You basically take the aft portion of the bomb off, put the JDAM aft end on, and you have a new and improved precision guided munition.

By the time they were done, JDAM was a tail kit that could be attached to existing Mk 80 family ‘dumb’ bombs, turning them into affordable precision weapons with a range of up to 15 miles, depending on their altitude and speed at the release point.

www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Reuters border cam now reuters.livestation.com...

Let's see how long it takes them to find the "lawn chair dudes" this morning

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If you look closely, you can still see smoke rising to the left of the RT feed from where that massive airstrike was a few hours ago. A few puffs every now and then.

EDIT: quite a bit of smoke actually.
edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: add

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

And the guidance package operates on GPS so there is no concern about night or day, clouds or fog, smoke on the target, etc. It will fly (glide) right down thru all that and still hit the target. Thats why they call it precise or surgical, but really there is no comparison to surgery (like in a hospital) and a 1000 lb. bomb. Gentle euphemism again.

I remember when they sold us that the new GPS was going to help us in so many ways. It has helped the military most of all.

new topics

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join