It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 202
<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by DragonFire1024

That's a part of the cunning evil of Hamas. They knowingly endangered foreign journalists by stationing them at their Al Quds TV headquarters.

The person who got his leg blown off wasn't a journalist. He was a propagandist for the Islamist, totalitarian (which means centrally planned, state designed) Hamas regime.

Don't blur the line between real journalists representing a free press and propagandists for the state.

If you don't understand this difference, you might as well consider the henchman of Goebbels as journalists.

And as for critiquing his "face" and a smirk?? That is the most ridiculous, pseudo-intellectual basis for criticism. He's trying to retain composure. Anyone, absolutely anyone, could be criticized for some "facial gesture" that from your perspective might seem obnoxious. But that's only projection.

Did you take the same orders that Israeli official did? Every TV station in Palestine is run by Hamas for the most part. So like Al Jazeera asked that guy; Palestinians aren't allowed to have that same press freedom too? A job is a job. You have to feed your kids, keep a roof over your head. Just because it happens to be at that network doesn't make him a terrorist. By your notion, everyone at any state run media outlet is a terrorist. Based on what you are saying every Palestinian with a voice may as well be Hamas or a terrorist.
edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
Question?

Why is Harry's site full of noise and the others are not?

Not all feeds are in the same areas of Gaza. Not everything can be heard from all parts.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by dontreally

That's a part of the cunning evil of Hamas. They knowingly endangered foreign journalists by stationing them at their Al Quds TV headquarters.

The person who got his leg blown off wasn't a journalist. He was a propagandist for the Islamist, totalitarian (which means centrally planned, state designed) Hamas regime.

Don't blur the line between real journalists representing a free press and propagandists for the state.

If you don't understand this difference, you might as well consider the henchman of Goebbels as journalists.

And as for critiquing his "face" and a smirk?? That is the most ridiculous, pseudo-intellectual basis for criticism. He's trying to retain composure. Anyone, absolutely anyone, could be criticized for some "facial gesture" that from your perspective might seem obnoxious. But that's only projection.

Did you take the same orders that Israeli official did? Every TV station in Palestine is run by Hamas for the most part. So like Al Jazeera said, Palestinians aren't allowed to have that same press freedom too? A job is a job. You have to feed your kids, keep a roof over your head. Just because it happens to be at that network doesn't make him a terrorist. By your notion, everyone at any state run media outlet is a terrorist. Based on what you are saying every Palestinian with a voice may as well be Hamas or a terrorist.

Add: which also discredits every citizen journalist, some of who have risked their lives to bring you these live feeds in both Gaza and Syria. I guess they must be Hamas, Hezbollah or terrorist...take your pick.
edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The RT feed, and the Occupied Air feed shows everything in almost complete darkness. It wouldn't like that a moment ago. It seems to be gradually going out. I haven't heard any explosions. Are they turning the power out? Is something fixing to happen?

link   
The morning prayers on the RT cam are effin' surreal mixed in with sounds of war planes/drones above!
edit on 20-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   
I swear that reuters camera is sitting right next to the morning prayer speaker..

Sunup in two hours.
edit on 11/20/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatrionaBeldame
The RT feed, and the Occupied Air feed shows everything in almost complete darkness. It wouldn't like that a moment ago. It seems to be gradually going out. I haven't heard any explosions. Are they turning the power out? Is something fixing to happen?

With the bombings, come fires. In some of the explosions on RT earlier, you could see transformers blow u, power lines go down. I would imagine the power grid is overwhelmed and blackouts are rolling. If fires continue, it would be hard to put them out if electric components are exposed and connected.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What will the sunrise bring?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Anyone know what network logo is on www.ustream.tv... ???

EDIT: never mind...off air
edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Thank you for answering. I missed some of that earlier. It probably is. I hope that's all there is to it. I couldn't imagine being in almost total darkness wondering what's next.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
More airstrikes close to both feeds.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
36 hours is up soon isnt it?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Heard 3 moderate / medium sized ' booms' in the last few minutes but don't really see anything.
Anyone else ?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Is that a horse in the Reuters feed?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

I think the 36 hr mark passed some hours ago, but honestly cannot be sure. I thought it was called yesterday morning.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Around 4:38am Gaza time, a couple more jets come in to strike.

www.ustream.tv...

reuters.livestation.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The RT cam and the Rueter cam must be close because I hear the same morning prays in each.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yahoo News said Israeli tanks had been utilized, but given the Source, it's not much

news.yahoo.com...

Israeli tanks and gunboats pummeled targets in Gaza in what appeared to be a last-minute burst of fire, while at least 200 rockets were fired into Israel. As talks dragged on near midnight, Israeli and Hamas officials, communicating through Egyptian mediators, expressed hope that a deal would soon be reached, but cautioned that it was far from certain.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Is that a horse in the Reuters feed?

Where?

I dont see a horse?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

You could hear a clippity clop that may have been hooves on pavement .

top topics

<< 199  200  201    203  204  205 >>

join