It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 201
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

I can't hear, because I have to keep the speakers way down. We're out at dinner. But it's about time for morning prayers, which means our rooster friend will quiet down now.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Who's to say they don't plan just to get as many people in one target area, brand them all Hamas and open fire?

You mean keep killing them but make like they're not trying to kill them? Sounds like a plan. People aren't moving around anyway. The streets are empty. The stores are closed. They hide in their homes quivering in fear, only coming out to bring out their dead or fight fires. Thats called a siege. Been going on for a week.

Surgically, defensively, precise.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well, its great to see the ceasfire last through the night.

I'm worried this is going to drag on for a lot longer than the last few forays!

Atleast the focus has been taken of:
Syria
Pretraeus
Benghazi

All the while Obama's lapping it up across Asia.

edit to add, people were saying the RT feed to a few close hits.
Maybe they are aiming to take it offline?

edit on 20-11-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
More bombing

In the last two days, Israeli raids have hit two buildings housing international and local media, including Al Aqsa TV.

Defending the attacks, Regev told Al Jazeera on Monday that Israel does not consider Hamas-affiliated reporters "legitimate journalists".

It does beg the question, though: Hamas is actually the elected government of the Gaza strip if I remember correctly. Does the logic over journalists not suggest that they may view normal Gazans the same way? Meaning that, in short, they do not believe that there actually are civilians in Gaza?

He actually said they weren't "bona fide journalists." Here is the Al Jazeera interview. I suggest everyone watch it because you don't see real journalism like this too often:

EDIT: the smirk he has on this thread's post is just sickening. If there weren't international journalists in this building, I might have believed this guy.

edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: add

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I would have to think that they know exactly where it is though. If not they could figure it out pretty easily, and they could "accidentally" hit it trying to "take out a Hamas communications hub" or "rocket site" since they've fired rockets from close enough to the camera to hear them go up.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Excuse me? You think Israel is trying to kill civilians?

If you want this thread to remain unbiased, refrain from making such libelous claims.

If I am not allowed to express a justification for Israelis actions, than shouldn't be allowed or tolerated to make such slanderous claims, as if the Israelis were inhuman.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Salah is still about 10 mins away. I have heard him shut up past few mornings so i imagine he's had 1 too many shoes thrown at him.

Not much more on audio than drones and a weird blooping jusr now on teleport feed.

Wow, the swooping drone is close to the cam. I just heard screaming.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

I heard some firing about 20 minutes ago. Just a few shots, and then nothing. All I'm hearing here is the UAV flying overhead.

(It's UAV not drone. That's a pet peeve of mine.
Although I should slap myself on the wrist, because it's actually UAS now.)
edit on 11/20/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Excuse me? You think Israel is trying to kill civilians?

If you want this thread to remain unbiased, refrain from making such libelous claims.

If I am not allowed to express a justification for Israelis actions, than shouldn't be allowed or tolerated to make such slanderous claims, as if the Israelis were inhuman.

I am suggesting that Israel is targeting journalists. Since under the Geneva Convention, journalists are considered civilians and targeting them is a war crime, then I guess I am saying Israel is targeting civilians. Prove to me they aren't. They could have finished off that media center in one, maybe two strikes. But in the last 3 days they have bombed it or near it at least a dozen times or more. The latest airstrike we saw on the RT feed is a great example.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by turboneon
36 hours.
rt.com...

Brilliant, Obliged,

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

That's a part of the cunning evil of Hamas. They knowingly endangered foreign journalists by stationing them at their Al Quds TV headquarters.

The person who got his leg blown off wasn't a journalist. He was a propagandist for the Islamist, totalitarian (which means centrally planned, state designed) Hamas regime.

Don't blur the line between real journalists representing a free press and propagandists for the state.

If you don't understand this difference, you might as well consider the henchman of Goebbels as journalists.

And as for critiquing his "face" and a smirk?? That is the most ridiculous, pseudo-intellectual basis for criticism. He's trying to retain composure. Anyone, absolutely anyone, could be criticized for some "facial gesture" that from your perspective might seem obnoxious. But that's only projection.

link   
reply to post by dontreally

They have hit that building enough to let us all know they are intentionally targeting it. The TV station. Not any body , but the infrastructure of the whole Gaza strip. One of those assets is the information the "Gazanians" receive from there. Each time they hit it they clean up the mess and the IDF hits it again. Notice any pattern?

link   
Question?

Why is Harry's site full of noise and the others are not?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
edit to add, people were saying the RT feed to a few close hits.
Maybe they are aiming to take it offline?

If I can figure out where the RT feed is, I'm sure the IDF can figure it out.

link   
reply to post by Swills

Stupid bombs (via stupid missiles) are just pure terrorist weapons, and have absolutely no other purpose. They are akin to the huge skyrockets that the Chinese used over a millennium ago. They terrorized the troops and population they where launched against, but those that shot them where counting on the effect, not the collateral damage

Sure, if one hit some poor schmuck , that was a powerful sign to everyone else to be doubly afraid, and that worked doubly as well for the aggressor, however you could never win any concentrated war effort with weapons like this, and the primitives knew this as well. The sword on foot by the aggressor would be even more powerful, with the backup threat of an idle threat weapon.

Not so now.

Right now, it is fighting fire with fire. If it comes to a war, what will come out of Israel will not be "stupid". These new weapons will be smart as hell, and also expensive as hell, and that is why they are not being deployed until needed.

I certainly do not want to see war between Israel and Palestine, but I do know what 6 years of technology has brought, and it is not pretty against those that cannot afford it. Save the world. Stop this process that kills innocent people. It is just to easy now to kill those that you cannot appease, especially when the other side does not educate their people as to what they are really up against. IMHO of course, but I would box that bet on a roulette table.

edit on 20-11-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

link   
Yeah but UAV is so awkward to say wheareas drone just kind of rolls off the tongue.
but you are correct sir. I will learn one of these days.

I hear at least three seperate uavs. Perhaps two of the ones (heron?) you mentioned earlier and the swooping one (sounds lower, and closer) is one of the carapult launched ones. Its maneuvering at a pretty fast clip, almost as if it was evading nonexistent ground fire.

Prayers just started.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I have 36 chickens, 34 are hens and 2 roosters. I had 5 roosters and had to get rid of a few. Most roosters are agressive. The 2 I have now are silkies which are less aggressive. If I accidentaly leave the garage light on, They would crow at 3 in the morning. Most of the time the crow around 5 am.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I know this isn't a update per-say but its note worthy all the same

"Key Bible Prophecy Tweeted By Top Israeli Rabbi As Missiles Target Holy City"

full story

‘On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem’

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Nice site you found there. Iron Dome running short on missiles?

www.maannews.net...

An industry source familiar with production standards for such weapons, estimated that at full output a company like Rafael would be able to produce around 10 missiles a day.

new topics

top topics

<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join