It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

They're cutting in and out occasionally. I have Reuters and OccupiedAir going, and they're both up.

It may be that the UAV is having engine problems, but the one I've heard has been pretty constant with the engine sounds.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm hearing the rooster again. These two feeds are working.

Occupied Air

RT

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hillary pledged to DE ESCALATE conflict and yet right after her arrival Netanyahu's ready to go all out.
What happened?
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I find it ironic Hamas actually targets Israeli civilians but completely fails in actually killing any.

Qassams & mortors, been missing since 2001.

Netanyahu to Ban: We Avoid Hitting Innocents, They Don't

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu met on Tuesday evening with the Secretary General of the United Nations, Ban Ki-moon.

The two made statements to the press, and Netanyahu stressed that while Israel always makes sure to avoid hitting civilian casualties when attacking Gaza, Hamas and other Gaza-based terrorists deliberately fire at innocent civilians in southern Israel.

With that, how many civilians have been killed so far on both sides? Last I checked Israel had 3 killed by a rocket and Gaza something to the tune of 50. How many injured between the two? Gaza is over 700 right?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CatrionaBeldame

Yeah i hear him too. Hes a ballsy lil fella. Almost as if hes telling the IDF to stfu that it isnt morning yet.

Looks like the operator of the teleport 4 stream is playing with nightshot.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

It's 5 Israelis killed and unknown how many civilians in Gaza have been killed, since the "Hamas health ministry" doesn't bother distinguishing between Hamas terrorists and civilians.

As for the explanation, this should suffice:

Netanyahu: "If we hope to make these tactics illegitimate, they should be condemned in the most forceful terms by all responsible members of the international community," he said. "The moment we draw symmetry between the victims of terror and the unintended casualties that result from legitimate military action against the terrorists, the minute that false symmetry is drawn, the terrorists win."

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

He's made it so far. Haha. This is like the third night we've heard him, at least.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The IDF again dropped leaflets across parts of Gaza warning residents to evacuate their homes and go to central Gaza City. The leaflets told them which way to go and what part of the city to stay in once they arrived.

The leaflets are part of Israel's efforts to minimize civilian casualties, Israeli officials say.

See, this worries me.
If I lived in Gaza, would I trust this? I mean, Israel has targeted the media, the UN, bombed refugee camps... And they've excused it all (without any real questions from the outside world) by claiming they were targeting Hamas. Who's to say they don't plan just to get as many people in one target area, brand them all Hamas and open fire?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Swills

It's 5 Israelis killed and unknown how many civilians in Gaza have been killed, since the "Hamas health ministry" doesn't bother distinguishing between Hamas terrorists and civilians.

As for the explanation, this should suffice:

Netanyahu: "If we hope to make these tactics illegitimate, they should be condemned in the most forceful terms by all responsible members of the international community," he said. "The moment we draw symmetry between the victims of terror and the unintended casualties that result from legitimate military action against the terrorists, the minute that false symmetry is drawn, the terrorists win."

With Israel's precision strikes I figured they'd have a running tally of who they killed, or wanted to kill.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

Independent sources and UN staff have been releasing figures too. I know you're biased, but lets not be irrational in the defence of either side here. You cannot possibly claim that the children and mothers listed as dead were also "terrorists"

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

My other half brought up a good point. He's somewhere near the RT camera, since that's the only one that picks him up. They just leveled pretty much the entire block across from that camera. They missed the rooster. That's an impressive bird!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

The IDF again dropped leaflets across parts of Gaza warning residents to evacuate their homes and go to central Gaza City. The leaflets told them which way to go and what part of the city to stay in once they arrived.

The leaflets are part of Israel's efforts to minimize civilian casualties, Israeli officials say.

See, this worries me.
If I lived in Gaza, would I trust this? I mean, Israel has targeted the media, the UN, bombed refugee camps... And they've excused it all (without any real questions from the outside world) by claiming they were targeting Hamas. Who's to say they don't plan just to get as many people in one target area, brand them all Hamas and open fire?

Oh yeah! I forgot about the 2008-09 UN targets! Good catch.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

My mom recently got 6 chickens to raise for eggs and 1 turned out to be a rooster. He's an aggressive little bastard.

Good on these birds for making it night after night crowing in defiance. I'm sure the IDF is watching RTs cam so the rooster and his ladies should be safe, but poop does indeed happen.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

My other half brought up a good point. He's somewhere near the RT camera, since that's the only one that picks him up. They just leveled pretty much the entire block across from that camera. They missed the rooster. That's an impressive bird!

I called that right after the airstrike. I am wondering what it looks like. Nonetheless several international media offices were damaged...the same building...3rd airstrike incident in 3 days.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well Hamas has already wiped out an entire coop in Israel, so he might be targeted by either side.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That is true

Hamas is terrible in every sense of the word.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I know you're biased, but lets not be irrational in the defence of either side here.

Your words: Who's to say they don't plan just to get as many people in one target area, brand them all Hamas and open fire?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Are they seriously playing star wars over loudspeakers???

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
More bombing

In the last two days, Israeli raids have hit two buildings housing international and local media, including Al Aqsa TV.

Defending the attacks, Regev told Al Jazeera on Monday that Israel does not consider Hamas-affiliated reporters "legitimate journalists".

It does beg the question, though: Hamas is actually the elected government of the Gaza strip if I remember correctly. Does the logic over journalists not suggest that they may view normal Gazans the same way? Meaning that, in short, they do not believe that there actually are civilians in Gaza?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by detachedindividual

I know you're biased, but lets not be irrational in the defence of either side here.

Your words: Who's to say they don't plan just to get as many people in one target area, brand them all Hamas and open fire?

Implying they haven't basically done that already.

new topics

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join