It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CatrionaBeldame

I don't think this is ending... I think we are just taking a break before the ground offensive starts, and then after that there should be at least one or two more war fronts to focus on.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Huge explosion near RT

link   
That was a loud one!!

link   
reply to post by Hellas

Oh God I am just balling, looks like my children. Sent it to every personal link I have.

This is the face of the new terrorists, the true face of Gaza!

link   
Another close one to the RT feed, seen that one coming in, looks like something is now on fire (which is the norm I suppose when a missile hits something).

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

With the meeting called today, it is a prelude to war on Iran. This is going to escalate and become WWIII

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Those drones are definitely looking for specific targets.

This isn't over yet.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Akaa ‏@akaa111
Hugo Chaves: ''Israel finally has become the killing arm of American Imperialism'' #venezuela #gazaunderattack #israel #usa #obama #bbc

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican

This isn't over yet.

Even before the offensive, I believe drones are almost a constant thing over Gaza. To be honest I do not have a link for that claim as of yet.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Apparently it was true, there are anti-aircraft weapons in Gaza, and they were being used earlier against Israeli helicopters.

We were discussing this earlier, and that distinct sound (usually 3 bangs, 1 second apart) was coming from near the reuters feed. It stopped after the huge explosion in front of reuters.

Yet again, VY loud apache strikes. It was mostly not used in last 6 days, as militants here recently acquired anti-aircraft tech to hit them

Apache helicopter missile strikes right now in downtown #Gaza city, vibrations of their blades loud in the air

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by darkbake

With the meeting called today, it is a prelude to war on Iran. This is going to escalate and become WWIII

Wowsa, thats news worthy. Can you please provide us a link?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

At higher altitudes I'd say there's nearly always a couple.
This is a symphony of them. I'm thinking 4-6 based on the harmonics and considering they are single prop.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

This isn't over yet.

Even before the offensive, I believe drones are almost a constant thing over Gaza. To be honest I do not have a link for that claim as of yet.

Got a source:
In Gaza, lives shaped by drones
also this: Occupy in the Sky
How do you control territory without troops? Ask the Israelis who fly drones over Gaza.

edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

After that question was asked earlier, I started to think that's what it was. Some AAA guns have a very distinct sound to them, and that matches some of the recordings I've heard of them.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What did Killary have to say for herself? I missed it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I'm pretty sure the loudest one we're hearing is a Hermes spotting for naval batteries, along with a Heron, and we know there are a number of smaller ones that are backpack UAVs. Hamas downed a Skylite B earlier in the week, which is a backpack, catapult launched design.

link   
Moe Ahmed ‏@JournoMoe
BREAKING: AlQassam just hacked Israeli TV channel 2 & 10 - sending strong message to Israeli army not to invade #GazaUnderAttack

link   

reply to post by DragonFire1024

At higher altitudes I'd say there's nearly always a couple.
This is a symphony of them. I'm thinking 4-6 based on the harmonics and considering they are single prop.

Most of the time there is only one UAV.

Often there are two at the same place at the same time. Sometimes there are 3 or 4, when they change shifts and go back to refuel.

More than that is a waste since a single UAV can cover a lot of territory while circling.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
What did Killary have to say for herself? I missed it.

She praised the brave military of the IDF and then said your welcome for the Iron Dome System.

It was really good. There is probably a tweet or youtube of it up already.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Moe Ahmed ‏@JournoMoe
BREAKING: AlQassam just hacked Israeli TV channel 2 & 10 - sending strong message to Israeli army not to invade #GazaUnderAttack

I am watching Channel 10 now and didn't see any such thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join