It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 192
141
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Am doing my best to catch up after taking a break. I'd really been hoping this would all stop. Just heard tons of explosions on the RT feed.




posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni
 


Huh? I am pretty sure Hamas started randomly shooting missiles on this one ... actually it was 100% random. However, Hamas got pissed when Israel actually did something and killed one of its commanders.

Though, i think we are getting off topic.
edit on 20-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)


How can you hold a confederate flag and support israel is beyond me...

Anyway... yes well the rockets. Lets see... "the Iron Dome intercepts 90% of the rockets and the other 10% are the ones that will not land in populated areas therefore the Iron Dome does not intercept them" - that what they say about the Iron Dome. Now... is it just me, or I just noticed that they say that no rocket could actually do anything?

If I had an super-anti-missile shield why would I care? O.o


Because there is still a chance it could fail.
There is the possibility that there are mortars or shelling that cannot be intercepted by it.
Rockets could be made that can out manoeuvre it.
And it's really expensive because it takes about 4 to 6 Iron Dome rockets to successfully take down 1 rocket (I have read in the duration of this thread).



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoMatterNeverMind

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni
 


Huh? I am pretty sure Hamas started randomly shooting missiles on this one ... actually it was 100% random. However, Hamas got pissed when Israel actually did something and killed one of its commanders.

Though, i think we are getting off topic.
edit on 20-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)


How can you hold a confederate flag and support israel is beyond me...

Anyway... yes well the rockets. Lets see... "the Iron Dome intercepts 90% of the rockets and the other 10% are the ones that will not land in populated areas therefore the Iron Dome does not intercept them" - that what they say about the Iron Dome. Now... is it just me, or I just noticed that they say that no rocket could actually do anything?

If I had an super-anti-missile shield why would I care? O.o


Because there is still a chance it could fail.
There is the possibility that there are mortars or shelling that cannot be intercepted by it.
Rockets could be made that can out manoeuvre it.
And it's really expensive because it takes about 4 to 6 Iron Dome rockets to successfully take down 1 rocket (I have read in the duration of this thread).



Hamas is having a hard time hitting the broad side of a barn. I highly doubt that anything will be made by them in the next while that will out maneuver the systems.

Do not fret about the expense. We are generous in what we give the IDF both in terms of cash and technology, so the cost is a non issue really.

PS: Mortars are have proven very dangerous to the Hamas terrorists, as they keep blowing their limbs off when using them systems. I think now they are getting a bit camera shy about using mortars.

Accuracy
edit on 20-11-2012 by lnfideI because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Global Revolution ‏@GlobalRevLive
Additional footage of White Phosphorus use in bombing of #Gaza City by #IDF forces www.youtube.com... #WarCrimes #ElectionWar #Unity twitter.com...
edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I know this is off topic but i think we need to use caution in regards to accusations that certain deaths in gaza were directly the result of an israeli strike. It's been reported many times that hamas' rockets never actually left gaza, and landed in populated areas on the strip.



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Video allegedly showing the recent White Phosphorus being used in Gaza



edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


Holy cow listen to the droning of the drones!

It sounds like those freaky "strange sound" videos going around last year.



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Global Revolution ‏@GlobalRevLive
Additional footage of White Phosphorus use in bombing of #Gaza City by #IDF forces www.youtube.com... #WarCrimes #ElectionWar #Unity twitter.com...
edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)


Union of Aleppo upload? How odd.



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Global Revolution ‏@GlobalRevLive
Additional footage of White Phosphorus use in bombing of #Gaza City by #IDF forces www.youtube.com... #WarCrimes #ElectionWar #Unity twitter.com...
edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)


Union of Aleppo upload? How odd.


Thought so too. But that video is from the twitter link I posted above.



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


And that Twitter link now says

'Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

Thanks for noticing—we're going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon.'



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Video allegedly showing the recent White Phosphorus being used in Gaza



edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)


I wonder from that video, how one could even prove or show to some extent that that is white phosphorus, that the video is in Gaza, or even recent?



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoMatterNeverMind

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni
 


Huh? I am pretty sure Hamas started randomly shooting missiles on this one ... actually it was 100% random. However, Hamas got pissed when Israel actually did something and killed one of its commanders.

Though, i think we are getting off topic.
edit on 20-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)


How can you hold a confederate flag and support israel is beyond me...

Anyway... yes well the rockets. Lets see... "the Iron Dome intercepts 90% of the rockets and the other 10% are the ones that will not land in populated areas therefore the Iron Dome does not intercept them" - that what they say about the Iron Dome. Now... is it just me, or I just noticed that they say that no rocket could actually do anything?

If I had an super-anti-missile shield why would I care? O.o


Because there is still a chance it could fail.
There is the possibility that there are mortars or shelling that cannot be intercepted by it.
Rockets could be made that can out manoeuvre it.
And it's really expensive because it takes about 4 to 6 Iron Dome rockets to successfully take down 1 rocket (I have read in the duration of this thread).

From what is reported by local media ,Iron dome has 87% rate of success once launched. Meaning it will not hit 13 targets out of 100.
And it is not launched at all when target is calculated to fall in non-populated area.
Could be lots of rubbish of course and an attempt to market the system ,but could be some sort of indicator.
And it is expensive - every interceptor costs 50k $.



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
reply to post by DragonFire1024
 


And that Twitter link now says

'Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

Thanks for noticing—we're going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon.'


Hmm...weird...It is now this link:

Global Revolution ‏@GlobalRevLive
Breaking: Israel using White Phosphorous to bomb #Gaza City #WarCrimes #GazaUnderAttack #ElectionWar www.youtube.com... From : twitter.com...

Note: I doubt this is from recently...because the logo says Ramattan...and they are no longer operating.


edit on 20-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NoMatterNeverMind
 


I don't believe it.

Looks to me like hot coal from a chilm that bannock is made in.

No way to prove it one way or the other.Very unfortunate really.



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Interesting how only the top floors of the immediate buildings have lights on.
reuters.livestation.com...



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas
 


My deepest feelings today is that the message to the Journalists is to get out of Gaza, even googled it a few times to see if there is anything official. As many Journalists died as Israeli forces...



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Stun ☠ ‏@57UN
Heartbreaking, a boy holding his brother, after their parents were killed in a attacks on #Gaza. #GazaUnderAttack twitpic.com...



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was about to say that it seems pretty calm at the moment when a new airstrike was caught in the RT feed.



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The Politicians may not see what is happening, see Palestine, but the world, the people do!
www.youtube.com...

And then there was clinton from America, shame on her!





top topics



 
141
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

log in

join