It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 183
<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
One thing I noticed about Harry when he was on cam a few minutes back is that even though he's talking about this coming ' cease fire' his expression tells a different story. He looks VERY agitated/nervous/concerned. I don't really remember him looking like that before. He did say a good friend of his was just killed and yet it doesn't look like a somber expression. I think something big is in the works and he's privy to it !

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That's a lot of sirens heading to the area.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Anyone hear a helicopter for a second?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerseychannelislands
wow dont know if im reading this right but it appears the good old U S of A has blocked a UN ceasfire??????????

rt news

US blocks ‘unbalanced’ UN Security Council statement calling for Gaza ceasefire The United States has blocked a Moroccan-brokered UN Security Council call for a ceasefire in the Israeli-Gaza conflict, labeling it "unbalanced." ­“The draft press statement failed to address the root cause of the current escalation – the continuing barrage of rocket attacks from Gaza against Israel,'' the spokeswoman for the US Mission to the UN, Erin Pelton, said in a statement. He added that the “counter-productive” statement failed to support “the ongoing diplomacy toward de-escalation of violence and a durable outcome that ends the rocket attacks on Israeli cities and towns and restores a broader calm.”

No, the US blocked a statement about calling for a ceasefire. These are bureaucrats, they have meetings to decide when to have meetings to decide what biscuits to have at their next meeting.

This is basically the US trying to stop the UN from making any real statement about the conflict, and the actions of Israel. The world can see the imbalance and disproportionate force being used, and the UN would have to comment on that. The US doesn't want to be seen to be criticising Israel in any way.

link   
Is there a confirmation of cancellation of cease fire, with US blocking the deal?

link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

uhh yes, a building just exploded there

link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I had to turn the sound down when the emergency vehicles were going by, so I missed it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Thats odd what you say about the adverts on Harrys stream-I am not getting any,and I don't have a log in or account with them.

I find it strange that the MSM have not been told of these supposed israeli soldiers deaths-I would have thought that would have hit MSM news channels within moments if true...
Maybe its more Hamas disinfo?

link   
reply to post by rai76

I know it did, but it's been awhile since that hit, so I was just surprised that there were so many going by after so long.

link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

thanks for clearing that up its just rt have made a big thing about it

link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
That's a lot of sirens heading to the area.

They're trying to find where that last blast near the Reuters feed is. They did a quick grid search on the side streets to the right side of the picture and then went back up that main street . . . they can't find it.

Wonder if that's one of those 'rooftop' deals.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Thanks, it's hard to follow because I have so many windows going on (as usual).

link   

This is basically the US trying to stop the UN from making any real statement about the conflict, and the actions of Israel.

I disagree.

This is the US showing both Russia and China that the plays they did with Syria, by blocking several resolutions, is a game that can be played by both sides.

If that is morally correct or not, is another discussion...

link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Thats odd what you say about the adverts on Harrys stream-I am not getting any,and I don't have a log in or account with them.

I find it strange that the MSM have not been told of these supposed israeli soldiers deaths-I would have thought that would have hit MSM news channels within moments if true...
Maybe its more Hamas disinfo?

I had one ad...appears to be gone now.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy

This is basically the US trying to stop the UN from making any real statement about the conflict, and the actions of Israel.

I disagree.

This is the US showing both Russia and China that the plays they did with Syria, by blocking several resolutions, is a game that can be played by both sides.

If that is morally correct or not, is another discussion...

Exactly...the UN playing politics with the lives of the world. This is why I have said for years that the UN has become obsolete. All those people want to do is bicker and fight about what is best for themselves and not the people they represent. Politicians use the UN for their own theater of war. If they even cared at all about Syria or Gaza, they would have made statements long ago.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerseychannelislands

thanks for clearing that up its just rt have made a big thing about it

I think RT usually becomes rather vociferous about the US at any opportunity, just as the US and UK media gets mouthy about Russia when they can too. I tend to watch all to get a better sense of reality, they'll all report on things that the others won't depending on the PR value.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Swirling the camera around trying to catch the bombing.

rt.com...://fml.3443.edgecastcdn.net/203443/&type=rtmp&file=en-stream.flv&abouttext=Russia

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Large flash of light on rt feed, did not hear to much in the way of an explosion.

Scary to think all the fire power is being directed at a non standing army, just presumed hamas military installations...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

The only way to know for sure is to walk in and say hello

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Waiting to link to the "Journalists flowing in from various countries to cover the Genocide/War"

Keep searching the msm from around the world to find out who has people out in the field.

top topics

<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join