It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudieallover

Pretty much every shell is landing in the city, don't kid yourself.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

How can you say that? The camera's are moving, around now that it's daylight, quite frankly it's near impossible to match the night shot to the day time shelling.

I was only watching the reuters feed, since I switched to my mobile and I cant access RT.

On the reuters feed there was a mosque to the left (tallest light during the night) that became visible in the morning, near the famous flickering light. To the far left there was a very tall building. The guys with the rockets fired from a location close to the mosque.

Just before switching cameras, the camera made a sweeping view and some smoke was coming out near the area where the rockets came from. I was about to post saying those guys got lucky, when the raid started. A drone was going in circles near the reuters camera for some time.. Now we know why.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Smoke rings in Gaza this AM

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

You do realize a majority of the claimed Hamas Rockets are on the back of trucks and move after, and between firing right?

So, a launcher that fired in the dead of night is likely the same launcher to have launched somewhere else, and so on. It's the same tactics with long range weapons. A still target is a dead target.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Audio reports:

blogs.aljazeera.com...

PLEASE if nothing else listen to the bottom feed, it is a nurse from a hospital telling a horrid story about what they are experiencing. At one point she said all of them Dr.s nurses and staff, crying.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
On a side note...The sunrise is beautiful in Gaza today.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Battleground Twitter As the Gaza conflict rages online, is social media now an instrument of war?

stream.aljazeera.com... (Video)

Also looks like this site will be going to live feed in about 5 minutes.
edit on 15-11-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You do realize a majority of the claimed Hamas Rockets are on the back of trucks and move after, and between firing right?

So, a launcher that fired in the dead of night is likely the same launcher to have launched somewhere else, and so on. It's the same tactics with long range weapons. A still target is a dead target.

Before dawn I saw a rocket being fired close to that mosque, and I watched that feed for long enough to recognize key buildings (the camera didn't even rotate that much, only zoomed in on the right).

In the morning several missiles hit several locations and the camera showed smoke right near where I saw the rocket coming from.

2+2...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I noticed that ..... it is beautiful, and I should also note there is only ONE sun!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm just saying. I understand you putting two and two together, but to claim so boldly it's the exact people you think launched a rocket is a little bold. War is a tricky, messy thing. The location you saw a rocket come from got hit, but it means nothing. Chances are the very same guys who did it, went to morning prayer and weren't anywhere near that place when it was hit.

We can agree that the area was hit. I get rather testy and passionate when violence and destruction are involved. So let's keep the updates going, I feel both of our opinions are valuable even if we may not agree 100%.

More eyes, more truth.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm just saying. I understand you putting two and two together, but to claim so boldly it's the exact people you think launched a rocket is a little bold. War is a tricky, messy thing. The location you saw a rocket come from got hit, but it means nothing. Chances are the very same guys who did it, went to morning prayer and weren't anywhere near that place when it was hit.

I think that anyone reasonable enough understands what I meant by "same guys". It's obvious I'm not able to see anything more than flashes and fireballs, alomg with background sound, like everyone else.

But a rocket came from that area, and an air raid landed in that same area. That's all.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
would someone please give the links for the live feeds. i know they would be on a page here somewhere but cant find them. so many pages now to go through and just home from work.

i struggle with the feelings of watching a live link, but have come to the conclusion that the more you read the more you are only getting the writers point of view.

i honestly dont know who is right and who is wrong. my heart goes out to both sides where i am sure inocent people are dying.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
would someone please give the links for the live feeds. i know they would be on a page here somewhere but cant find them. so many pages now to go through and just home from work.

i struggle with the feelings of watching a live link, but have come to the conclusion that the more you read the more you are only getting the writers point of view.

i honestly dont know who is right and who is wrong. my heart goes out to both sides where i am sure inocent people are dying.

Reuters: reuters.livestation.com...

RT: rt.com...

link   

link   
From voices in Gaza, trying to tweet their experience because they fear the media has shut them out from the world.

twitter.com...

link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Reuters: here

RT: here
edit on 15-11-2012 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wow...now that one was pretty big! Far away from the camera but wow.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

From footage I have seen, they drop the launchers off via a truck, leave a couple guys to fire them off, and then those guys bug out on motorbikes and leave the site completely. Hamas strategy with rockets is that the rockets are cheap and hence disposable (sorta why I implied the Israeli's can only hit them from the air. They'd be gone by the time ground forces could move in).

I highly doubt the IDF is hitting dead launch sites for the fun of it. But there is a lot of data to sift through with such a large volume of rockets being launched into Israel, and fog of war is definitely a possibility at this stage. Seems things will only go from bad to worse

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Air raids continue.

Another big one on reuters (or a big target).

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Tweets on rt of page "Bombs are falling like rain / 18 seconds ago"
stream.aljazeera.com...

"Extremely loud & continuous shelling in northwest Gaza City. Felt like the walls were going to collapse"
edit on 15-11-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join