It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There is no doubt that a cease fire is in the works, if it holds is another subject, the only up date i could find is at RT, here is the link rt.com... i will say if it does not hold up it will be Hamas to start it all over again. Israel will be blamed as always

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhensley84
IDF ‏@IDFSpokesperson
BREAKING: A rocket fired from #Gaza directly hit a building in the central Israeli city of Rishon LeZion. #IsraelUnderFire

From the official IDF Twitter page.

Mohammed Omer  ‏@Mogaza
#Israel killed two journalists minutes ago. The two bodies are completely burned by an #Israeli missile #Gaza
5:27 PM - 20 Nov 12
Journalist in Gaza

twitter.com...

So much for this ceasefire...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Israel denies the cease fire... at least that was CNN was saying.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just went in to watch TV and (finally eat something) and on Cnn Anderson Cooper gave and UPDATE on " 6 murdered spies" in GAZA.

He said, " Only one person was shot, then dragged around on moter bikes while others on bikes were shoot the body" he went on, I could not get any confirmation on 5 others being shot-just one, and I want to update the viewers on that account" Anderson then showed pictures of the bikes dragging the "one murder victim, surrounded by others on bikes" Also, CNN stated Isreal said, they did not agree to a cease fire. NO cease fire on Isreal's part -just eygpt and hamas
edit on 20-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: add

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
did anyone ever think that hamas simply ran out of rockets?....cease fire does not mean the attitude toward killing israelis has changed...they have to pause to restock and reload.
edit on 20-11-2012 by jimmyx because: syntax

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Israeli govt spokesman tells CNN truce deal with Gaza militants not finalized, "ball still in play"

Like I said previously, ceasefire agreements are easy to come up with. The hard part is finding one that fits both sides....

Seems like this isn't the one guys...
edit on 20-11-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If there was an actual, realistic cease fire that close to being signed, wouldn't Netanyahu have mentioned it when he gave a presser just half an hour ago? I do not know how these things work too much but when I saw his face, I assumed it would be cease fire talk and when there was none, I was disappointed. So to come out almost immediately after and say there is a cease fire seems suspect or rumor.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Yes, just watch CNN also, NO CEASE FIRE

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Should remind everyone that this is news update thread only and to avoid making controversial statements

Rt.com is reporting that the ceasefire has been agreed to

Israel and Hamas agree to Egyptian-brokered ceasefire to begin at 22:00 GMT Tuesday - reports

link

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Should remind everyone that this is news update thread only and to avoid making controversial statements

Israel and Hamas agree to Egyptian-brokered ceasefire to begin at 22:00 GMT Tuesday - reports

link

Latest updates suggest the deal is being worked, not finalized.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Breaking News

Gaza rocket strikes building in Rishon Lezion

By JPOST.COM STAFF

LAST UPDATED: 11/20/2012 18:27

A rocket fired from the Gaza Strip struck the fourth story of a building in the central city of Rishon Lezion Tuesday evening.

One person was lightly injured in the rocket attack. www.jpost.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Truce not finalised

It appears that Hamas official Ayman Taha may have jumped the gun in telling Reuters a truce had been agreed. Several reports suggest it has not been finalised.

The Associated Press cites a "senior Hamas official" saying a truce is close but has not been agreed.

Haaretz says senior Israeli officials close to the negotiations hope "the deal's last points will be finalized in a meeting between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu with US secretary of state Hillary Clinton, due to take place at 10pm".

The BBC's Jon Donnison also expresses caution.

Jon Donnison@JonDonnison

Reliable source in Cairo with very close ties 2 Hamas leadership tells BBC ceasefire will only b final when announced by Egyptian Presidency

20 Nov 12 Reply
Retweet
Favorite

4.51pm GMT

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I heard that Israel wants 24 hours of calm before any deal is agreed to.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Still some time before 22:00 GMT

If I can accurately recall past instances of cease fires, each side could continue lobbing shells at one another right up to the last moment.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

link

Arabic news sources cite Hamas official Ayman Taha as saying an Egyptian brokered truce is set to be declared in Gaza at 19:00 GMT, and will go into effect at 22:00 GMT. Israel is yet to confirm that such a ceasefire deal has been brokered.
Bold mine, source is your linked article

This is the same thing we've been hearing from Arab 'sources'. As I've said before I certainly hope this is the case, however, after watching the press conference on RT not long ago where no cease fire agreement was even mentioned I do still have my doubts that this is the case. I hope against hope I am wrong and that in a couple of hours indeed an official annoucement will be made.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

PM: Israel would be willing partner to long term solution

Israel would be a willing partner to a long-term solution to solve the conflict between Israel and Gazan groups, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said Tuesday evening in a joint press conference with UN Secretary General Ban-Ki Moon in Jerusalem.

"If a long-term solution can be put in place through diplomatic means then Israel would be a willing partner to such a solution," Netanyahu said, following talks with Ban.

However, he stressed that Israel "will not hesitate to do what is necessary to defend our people."

Hmm. This is as close as i get to a truce with Israeli news sites.

edit on 20-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am sure a truce will be announced tonight, however it's a game of politics and probable a tactic from Israel to not publicly announce it until the last moment ....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
BBC is also reporting that there is a plan in place, but that it needs to be signed and finalized.

Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev tells CNN that a ceasefire deal has not been finalised and the "ball is still in play". "Until you're there, you're not there," he said.

Of course, this means that Israel and Hamas can still use everything they have and continue with all options until the agreement is actually made.

I find it suspicious that Israel would be warning people in Gaza to evacuate to the centre while still talking about a confirmed ceasefire.

If we understand that there is a delay in the release of both pieces of information, they were encouraging an evacuation of these areas at the same time as coming to an agreement, and that makes no sense to me at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Is anybody watching the RT feed?

What are those?

rt.com

edit on 20-11-2012 by OneisOne because: add link

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Any one watching the RT feed? What are these light balls? are these rockets? really weird. There are loads of them suddenly???
edit on 20/11/2012 by rai76 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join