It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 169
<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Tks. Horrible either way but if it had been an IDF member I think a pretty huge response would have been coming and that would not be good for anyone.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Tks. Horrible either way but if it had been an IDF member I think a pretty huge response would have been coming and that would not be good for anyone.

Np. And sorry for my reaction. You were really leveled when you replied. Guess I've seen too much of war to last me a life time... I dont react to well at 80 or 90% of the ppl that are watching the feed just to feed their own blood lust. Lucky for them they never have, and hopefully they will never have to witness this crap first hand.

And yes, if it was an "official" IDF guy it would have been hell... the opportunity is still open for that kind of show if Israel does invade.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
By posting this, I'm not validating it. Just providing updates.

Islamic Jihad is announcing that a ceasefire with Israel will go into effect in three hours, Channel 2′s veteran Arab affairs analyst Ehud Ya’ari reports. There is no other confirmation yet.

Times of Isreal - 16:47 update

Now my questions are, how many groups need to agree to a ceasefire? And are they all on the same page? Only time will answer those I guess.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
From BBC feed

IDF evacuation warnings suggest either limited incursion or a heavy bombardment of the area in #Gaza maybe imminent ahead of ceasefire

5 Israel Defence Forces (IDF) soldiers wounded by rocket fired from #Gaza into Israel,

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am informed that the ground invasion just began. Any updates or misinformation??
edit on 20-11-2012 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Now my questions are, how many groups need to agree to a ceasefire? And are they all on the same page? Only time will answer those I guess.

That's the problem.

It has happened in the past. One group goes to the table and negotiates, and another group keeps fighting or carrying on with bomb attacks.

Some do it just for the attacks, others just do it to compromise the negotiations of the first group, making a dent in their credibility and then trying to take their place as representatives of the Palestinians.

This whole situation is like putting all the World's problems in one place.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ok it seems another attack from sky, not ground invasion.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The sun is going down over there. If some kind of cemented peace deal is NOT agreed on- I have a feeling. Just a gut feeling tonight is gonna be ugly. Very ugly. :0(

I'm hoping it wont be. Enough is enough.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
#GazaUnderattack ‏@ThisIsGaZa
Israel wants half Gaza city to evacuate their houses. Ppl say NEVER. NEVER. #gazaunderattack

Twitter

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
LIVE updates www.guardian.co.uk...

I notice here they UPDATE often by the minutes.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
Ok it seems another attack from sky, not ground invasion.

All reports suggest there is still - at least - a gap of 24hours before any ground invasion.

IDF has stated everything is ready, though.
edit on 20-11-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Explosions are being heard in the background

rt.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Harry Fear is back on www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Another cease fire update:

Egyptian sources to Haaretz: Ceasefire signing to take place in Cairo on Wednesday, to be participated by UN chief Ban Ki-moon (Jack Khoury)

www.haaretz.com - 5:05pm update

(Really? Wait til tomorrow so they can continue to lob bombs back-in-forth and amp up the hate on both sides. Makes NO sense, if they have an agreement just declare it and don't wait for others to show up for the grand spectacle!!)
edit on 20-11-2012 by OneisOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

If no cease-fire enter Egypt imo..
fingers crossed it isn't sabotaged
edit on 20-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here's a video. It is GRAPHIC at some points.
It shows not all of Israel is on board with this violence.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
For those who want to know instant "TIME IN GAZA" use this link www.happyzebra.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
On the one hand, I just can't see Israel agreeing to a cease-fire. What would be the point? Air strikes alone aren't enough to stop Hamas (another long range rocket just left Gaza heading for Tel Aviv or Jerusalem...) and if they stop now then we'll just be back in the same boat again before long.

But.....Bibi's popularity is currently at an all-time high due to how he's handling this situation so far. However, a ground invasion is only favored by a small amount of Israeli's. Lot's of dead IDF and international condemnation is not what he wants just before an election. We've seen massive damage dealt out by Israel over the past few days (including the deaths of some key terrorist figures) and only 3 Israeli deaths. I think he might show restraint (for now) and quit this op while he's ahead in the polls.

It's a tough one to call.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They're about to make a statement !

rt.com...
edit on 20-11-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join