It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hello all. Just getting caught up on the thread from when I left it last evening. I'm watching the Reuters feed and I'm not fully understanding what I am seeing. Anyone know where this is and what is going on? I am making the assumption that it is in Gaza City, but I'm seeing what looks like smoke bombs being thrown around and what looks like a check point of sorts??

Thanks in advance!

Reuters Live Feed

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

It looks like rocks being thrown at the Israeli side, and tear gas being thrown back.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Yes and I'd be willing to bet that little 30 second scene just sent any chance of a cease fire out the window.

link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
Hello all. Just getting caught up on the thread from when I left it last evening. I'm watching the Reuters feed and I'm not fully understanding what I am seeing. Anyone know where this is and what is going on? I am making the assumption that it is in Gaza City, but I'm seeing what looks like smoke bombs being thrown around and what looks like a check point of sorts??

Thanks in advance!

Reuters Live Feed

I'm not sure if that's the protest in the West Bank or if it is this:

Some 100 Palestinians clashing with IDF soldiers near the place where the Gaza rocket exploded in Gush Etzion.
www .haaretz.com - 3:50pm update

link   

Originally posted by schmae
Omg , they are dragging a body through the streets?

Why are you acting shocked? Didnt you turn on the feed to see a warzone? Isnt that what you really want?

To quote a very famous movie:

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"

hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

It looks like rocks being thrown at the Israeli side, and tear gas being thrown back.

Ahhh, could very well be so. I wish Reuters was better at telling us where a particular camera is stationed. Thanks for the response Zaphod.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Looks like they're chasing the press photographers off in the Reuters feed.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ok that can't be good. They chased the press off, the Israeli side backed off some, and Reuters went down.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Confirmed when the feed went offline. West Bank Clashes...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
just saw on rt feed a motorcycle parade with which i presume is one of the executed israeli spies...towed to one of the motorcycles

I saw that too but I couldn't tell what they were towing along side.

On Ustream Live, user handle, Gaza twin camz, has a split screen
The RT feed on the left and another feed on the right. I don't know how to link it. (Using the App)

The feed on right showed men (a lot with the face covered) by a pile of exploded building ??? - at one point they were flinging sling shots - somewhere.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

According to one person it was one the 'spies'.

Militants on motor-bikes just drove down one of #Gaza's main thoroughfares dragging behind the body of a suspected collaborator. Horrifying.

via twitter - Noah Browning

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I'm not sure if that's the protest in the West Bank or if it is this:

Some 100 Palestinians clashing with IDF soldiers near the place where the Gaza rocket exploded in Gush Etzion.
www .haaretz.com - 3:50pm update

Looks as if you are correct. Prior to my Reuters feed going out again it flashed a notice that it was indeed the clashes in the West Bank area. I have to wonder with the new found comradery between Hamas and Fatah if the West Bank area will now become more active as well. IMO, does not bode well for a cease fire anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Check out this site
www.globalfirepower.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Trying to determine what is on fire in the Reuters feed.

reuters.livestation.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
Trying to determine what is on fire in the Reuters feed.

reuters.livestation.com...

Could be a bonfire the soldiers uses for warming while they're stationed?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

It's one thing to see smoke from a distant city and quite another to see a body drug through the street !
Yes, its' a war thread and I understand it but I was shocked still. Guess I don't watch enough wars?
But I think the fallout from that scene is going to have very grave consequences. I don't even know where
it was or whose side was which. Waiting for some reports that clear it up .

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spire

Somehow I doubt that. It is near a T intersecting road, and there are people milling about.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

It's one thing to see smoke from a distant city and quite another to see a body drug through the street !
Yes, its' a war thread and I understand it but I was shocked still. Guess I don't watch enough wars?
But I think the fallout from that scene is going to have very grave consequences. I don't even know where
it was or whose side was which. Waiting for some reports that clear it up .

It was one of the six palestinian guys executed by treason - apparently they were working with israel, so hamas executed them and paraded them.

new topics

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join