It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I never said they were spouting war. I said the news people were spouting war - it appears they are trying to get Egypt to invade Israel. From the interview (warning, possible paraphrasing!):

"And what is Egypt doing to prevent this? You have a large Army and Air Force........what is being done to prevent these attacks by Israel?"

I totally agree that some of the things Sharon wrote in his article (which is being referred to) are disgusting. My point being, forget the Israelis and Palestinians for a minute, that interview appears to be evidence of media manipulation of a conflict situation, even if it is a poor attempt at it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Ghada ‏@GhadaZayyan
My sister, a #UN staff member was notified NOT to leave her place under any circumstances, huge escalation is on its way. #GazaUnderAttack

Twitter

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thank you to those who helped me get some live feeds on my iPad. The UStream app works. I'm not seeing live video cams but I do get Fear's feed. I'll keep looking through the available live feeds to see what I can find.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BogieSmiles
Thank you to those who helped me get some live feeds on my iPad. The UStream app works. I'm not seeing live video cams but I do get Fear's feed. I'll keep looking through the available live feeds to see what I can find.

Just look for Occupiedair on ustream. You'll have the live feed

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
somebody said a few pages ago some information that was scrolling on the social media window on the occupy feed. I am not sure where the people get their information, but most of it checks out eventually.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
somebody said a few pages ago some information that was scrolling on the social media window on the occupy feed. I am not sure where the people get their information, but most of it checks out eventually.

This I agree with, well, some of the info checks out. I always take what is said with a grain of salt and see if I can see any MSM outlets tweeting the same/publishing articles.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
''egypt president Mohammed Morsi says "aggression on #Gaza will end on Tuesday"

From multiple twitter accts. I don't know the original source.
Would this mean a cease fire has been reached? Or is this a threat?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
''egypt president Mohammed Morsi says "aggression on #Gaza will end on Tuesday"

From multiple twitter accts. I don't know the original source.
Would this mean a cease fire has been reached? Or is this a threat?

BBC has the same thing.

1319: More from Egypt's president: Mohammed Mursi is quoted by the official Mena news agency as saying: "The farce of the Israeli aggression will end today, Tuesday, and the efforts to reach a ceasefire between the Palestinians and Israelis will produce positive results within a few hours."

bbc.co.uk

There's that "within a few hours" crap again....

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Oh great. Tks
The tweets did not have that last sentence about t he cease fire so it almost sounded like a threat.
It seemed like ' we will end this today one way or another' , which sounds pretty ominous.
Go Cease Fire !

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think morsi is planning on threatening Israel with Egypts intrervension, and he thinks they will back down, and on this basis he feels a cease fire will be agreed

Israel won't back down

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Ghada ‏@GhadaZayyan
My sister, a #UN staff member was notified NOT to leave her place under any circumstances, huge escalation is on its way. #GazaUnderAttack

Twitter

That tweet seems to have been removed? I can't see it?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
CNN's Gaza coorespondant just showed a huge plume of smoke covering Gaza and said there were just ~25 mortars fired

link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by Hellas
Ghada ‏@GhadaZayyan

Twitter

That tweet seems to have been removed? I can't see it?

You're right. But I had her page stil on a tab so I took a screenshot. I don't know why she removed it.

link   
reply to post by khimbar

twitter.com...

Tweets
6m Ghada ‏@GhadaZayyan
Expand
8m Ghada ‏@GhadaZayyan
All those ministers and politicians who keep coming to #Gaza, what exactly do you want? and most importantly what difference are you making?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Rocket just hit on RT feed

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
AH...

www.middleeastmonitor.com...

The head of Hamas's Political Bureau has claimed that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu requested a ceasefire through the Americans, Europeans and Egyptians. Khaled Meshaal was quoted as saying that Netanyahu asked several parties to mediate with Hamas to reach an end to Israel's military operation. Predictably, a senior Israeli official denied Meshaal's claim.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
AH...

www.middleeastmonitor.com...

The head of Hamas's Political Bureau has claimed that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu requested a ceasefire through the Americans, Europeans and Egyptians. Khaled Meshaal was quoted as saying that Netanyahu asked several parties to mediate with Hamas to reach an end to Israel's military operation. Predictably, a senior Israeli official denied Meshaal's claim.

That was also being reported (and denied) last night (UK time). However, a UN official did say Israel was present for talks in Cairo so that possibly gives the claims more validity?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

reply to post by schmae

Still not there that I can see.

The scary scenario is, of course, that she didn't remove it and someone else did?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Who knows? I see Morsi saying truce in a few hours, others saying IDF dropping leaflets telling people to evacuate, and another saying IDF strikes intensify in past hour. Its like we are being pulled this way and that.

My only hope is that in a few hours when I wake up, it will be to see the news that a ceasefire has occurred.

Peace out.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Well you know what ? It's still showing up for me. HOWEVER it still lists that post as 2 minutes ago and it's obviously been well over an hour or more, so my twitter is 'stalled' or something. Yes, I wondered about the very thing you are saying. That all tweets pertaining to x, y or z may be removed by someone else. Yuk.

new topics

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join