It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 165
<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by DragonFire1024

is this not the 4th time rt feeds asian summits..obama's visit to thailand ect

They have done it a few times...The RT feed is a mix of whatever it is they are showing on their International feed. They don't have a specific "feed" just for showing Gaza.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Wow...almost a week and this is the first time they thought to send goods. How thoughtful of Israel.

Can we please keep this kinda stuff out this "just updates" thread.. I understand it's an emotional thing but just the updates are great. If people start with this then it escalates with people saying, "They're at war, why should they help at all.." Etc etc..

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
rt.com...://fml.3443.edgecastcdn.net/203443/&type=rtmp&file=en-stream.flv&abouttext=Russia

big boom downtown gaza just then

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
UPDATES: Past 8 hours-ish Tuesday 20th November

UN Secretary-General states that now more than ever a two-state solution should be looked at. He was in Cairo, heading to Israel and Palestine later today.

Hillary Clinton is on her way to Israel to help negotiate a ceasefire,

Netanyahu says he will halt ground invasion plans for at least 24 hours to negotiate on a truce/ceasefire.

Israel bombs a Hamas Bank.

US Embassy guard attacked by a man in Tel Aviv, currently this incident is thought to NOT be related to the current conflict.

And in "other news" a spotting or two of 3 or 4 troop carriers/communication vehicles complete with an israeli flag and white lawn chairs had us talking.

Carry on.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Here are a few good sources for breaking news/live updates on the situation for those wanting to keep an eye:

rt.com...

www.jpost.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Also, I hadn't heard the news that the "long range rockets" fired from Gaza were being manufactured in the Gaza Strip as stated here: www.stratfor.com...

New intelligence indicates forces in Gaza may be manufacturing long-range rockets locally. If this is the case, a significant ground force offers the Israelis the best chance of finding and neutralizing the factories making these weapons.

If this is accurate, it definitely raises the possibility of an IDF ground attack on Gaza.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Hamas Leader Dares Israel to Invade Amid Gaza Airstrikes

The top leader of Hamas dared Israel on Monday to launch a ground invasion of Gaza and dismissed diplomatic efforts to broker a cease-fire in the six-day-old conflict, as the Israeli military conducted a new wave of deadly airstrikes on the besieged Palestinian enclave, including a second hit on a 15-story building that houses media outlets.

the Hamas leader, Khaled Meshal, suggested that the Israeli infantry mobilization on the border with Gaza was a bluff on the part of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel.

“If you wanted to launch it, you would have done it,” Mr. Meshal told reporters. He accused Israel of using the invasion threat as an attempt to “dictate its own terms and force us into silence.”

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 20-11-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Here is some direct links to watch streams in media player and browser:

OccupiedAir (browser)

CPSWire (quite a few links to streams) (Browser)

Reuters Live stream (currently off air) (browser)

RT.com (Browser)

Gaza Twin Camz (Browser)

Bambuser (browser)

Citizens Streams (various public streams) (browser)

Operation Pillar of Cloud (Browser)

Al Jazeera English: Live Stream (browser)

Live Stream for Media Player

Bump for those that wanted live feeds. Not sure if all are currently airing but have a gander

Currently on RT 5 mins or so ago another explosion, drones buzzing a bit and then sirens.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone saw it but i have posted a link below to Channel 4 news from last night (Monday 19/11/12). Just select Monday 19/11/12 and the interview with Gilad Sharon and the lady from the Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt.

Channel 4 news

The reason i mention this is because during the part of the interview with the lady from Egypt (a minister with the Islamic Brotherhood) there appears to be the most blatant bit of war mongering i have ever seen on the news. It appears to be pretty much active encouragement for Egypt to send troops in. It is from around 6 minutes into the interview.

Have a look and see what you think. For any UK members that remember the Day Today (Chris Morris), it is like the episode where the engineer a war to boost the ratings.......

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I couldn't get the site to load properly, so I'll have to take your word for the 'war mongering' claim . . . but it needs to be noted that the other participant in this interview is equally as disgusting having said this yesterday as well.

When I see both sides spouting forth in this fashion, it leaves me wondering where this all ends . . . or if it will ever end.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
These are comments on the occupied air 'chat' box. No clue their accuracy, but interesting.

'' Code Red at Hatzerim Air Force Base''

'' Israel just called up 68,000 more reservists''

''nassrallah called on all arab states to arm Hamas''

If these are true, it sounds much more like an escalation than nearing a cease fire.

Link to the 68k reservists www.presstv.ir...
edit on 20-11-2012 by schmae because: adding link

Link to Nasrallah's call to aid with arms www.dailystar.com.lb...
edit on 20-11-2012 by schmae because: adding link

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae

How many do they have total?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

How many do they have total?

from wikipedia (Israel Defense Forces )

Active personnel 176,500[1] (ranked 34th)
Reserve personnel 445,000[1]

edit on 20-11-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Meanwhile, Israel said it's holding off on a military ground offensive in "to give time -- limited time -- for a diplomatic solution," an Israeli official close to the negotiations said. "That solution must result in no more Hamas rockets fired on Israel."

CNN

Only time will tell what story is true

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

No clue at all. I'm pretty much a dummy when it comes to that kind of thing. I just thought it the opposite of cease fire type activity, so wanted to share it.

Also , does anyone know more about the Iranian navy heading into the Mediterranean? That was about the most concerning thing I heard last night . It didnt' tie it directly to this but since it's such a rarity I wonder what is up .

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Another rocket headed toward Jerusalem....

Rocket has just taken off from central #gaza and sirens have sounded in Jerusalem

via twitter - Paul Danahar

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

reply to post by khimbar

No clue at all. I'm pretty much a dummy when it comes to that kind of thing. I just thought it the opposite of cease fire type activity, so wanted to share it.

Also , does anyone know more about the Iranian navy heading into the Mediterranean? That was about the most concerning thing I heard last night . It didnt' tie it directly to this but since it's such a rarity I wonder what is up .

the IRANIAN navy? I heard the US navy is headed their, i really hope they don't meet head on

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Just posted on Twitter

Palestine Telegraph ‏@PTelegraph
Airstrike just hit Nuseirat refugee camp, a home for 66.000 refugees, middle area of the #Gaza strip. #Gazaunderattack

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

Yes, the article said it's the 2nd time since 1979 the iranian navy has crossed into this part of the sea , so it's definitely a show of strength at the least and possibly more. The link is just a few ( dozen) pages back if you want to see the link. Maybe around 8 to 10 pm last night, Lol!

Looking for the link and cannot find it and now I'm wondering if I imagined it or read it wrong. There is a lot of info on this thread, so please forgive in advance if I've shared something inaccurate.
edit on 20-11-2012 by schmae because: missing link

GRRRR, Ok here is the link or A link with same info: www.telegraph.co.uk...

And it's from several months ago,,, so someone mistakenly put it up without looking at the date and then i did the same
. .. so sorry guys.
IRAN IS NOT SENDING IN THEIR ARMY ! So that is great news.

edit on 20-11-2012 by schmae because: found link

new topics

top topics

<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join