Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
whats this on the reuters feed?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Its Ban Ki Moon!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Cmon..don't trick us,that's the guy from star wars.
edit on 20-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The conference from Reuters is being televised on BBC.

It is not a cease fire but just a statement that they are trying to achieve one.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Reports Netanyahu postponing ground assault for 24 hours

Israel’s PM has reportedly pushed back by 24 hours an IDF ground invasion into Gaza, RT’s Middle East bureau chief said. The announcement precedes a series of critical international negotiations pushing for a ceasefire between the two sides. The postponement of the military ground offensive coincides with UN chief Ban Ki-moon’s peace talks in Cairo, which lobbied for an immediate ceasefire. Ban is expected to arrive in Jerusalem on Tuesday before traveling into Gaza to assess the humanitarian situation in the Palestinian territory.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

He wants a cease fire. Who knew?! Thank goodness for this press conference by the UN Sec General.

I wish it was that easy...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

www.un.org... pretty sure it is him dont was right on that one i had been wondering who that was

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by intrptr

ammo/gas/rations/playstation/smokes/lawnchairsimageshack.us...

You got a link for that piece of US crap?

Heres the only cartoon I could find that shows the Iron Dome is a three vehicle unit. Of course this isn't the off road version.

edit on 20-11-2012 by intrptr because: link

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Yeah, it is never that easy. the U.N. Secretary General is making a personal plea and reminding both of international law regarding civilians. And he made mention of the two-state solution being critical in resolving the matter . . . so . . . very complicated indeed because that involves disputes on the proposed territory if I am not mistaken. I will be very surprised if a cease-fire is reached this soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No,that's the instructions on the side of it..
Intrptr M548
edit on 20-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

I did quite like the mention of the two-state solution. Hopefully he will be the champion of the cause!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

I find the implications of the secretary generals statement interesting. Everyone knows that the PA will be going to the UN to ask for non-member observer status in the UN. Hamas' shooting rockets at Israel led to a strong IDF response, which led to Ban Ki Moons reiteration that the two state solution is more important now than ever. I wonder if Hamas-Fatah tagged team on Israel here to create this perception. Good cop, Bad cop, sort of deal.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by auroraaus
Reports Netanyahu postponing ground assault for 24 hours

Israel’s PM has reportedly pushed back by 24 hours an IDF ground invasion into Gaza, RT’s Middle East bureau chief said. The announcement precedes a series of critical international negotiations pushing for a ceasefire between the two sides. The postponement of the military ground offensive coincides with UN chief Ban Ki-moon’s peace talks in Cairo, which lobbied for an immediate ceasefire. Ban is expected to arrive in Jerusalem on Tuesday before traveling into Gaza to assess the humanitarian situation in the Palestinian territory.

I really hope this is true. It says what it says. Before this my question was, Will Netanyahu with hold the ground assault until before the polls close or just after? Whenever the 36 hours run out...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Interesting question. I have heard/seen reports in recent days that the majority of israelis do not want war, so, BiBi must weigh out, shall he risk the polls or shall he attempt to be the "hero"?

But that is probably a thought for another thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

That is an interesting thought. We will just have to wait and see what cards are laid on the table in the talks to come.

Let's see how reasonable the parties are willing to be; but I have a feeling that there are going to be some conditions put forward that will be unacceptable to one party or the other.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Im thinking the ceasfire will depending soley on Hamas stopping the rockets flying over into Israel.

Israel have played the first card to a ceasefire, lets see if Hamas hold back or keep lobbing.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Just some updates here i found

Nov. 20, 07:40 GMT: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is expected to arrive in Israel late Tuesday, and will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for talks on Wednesday. She is also set to visit Ramallah and Cairo to discuss the Gaza crisis.

­Nov. 20, 06:06 GMT: Israeli police were placed on high alert after receiving warnings of terror attacks possibly being planned to strike inside Israel, RT’s Paula Slier wrote on Twitter.

I'm out for the night, way too tired.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

They do. Its in here.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mugaf - Israeli designation of the M577 command post carrier.
---
Zelda - Upgraded Bardehlas (M113) with Toga armor suite - perforated steel plates mounted on an external frame around the front and sides of the vehicle. A special command version with additional radio equipment and auxiliary power unit also exists. The command version is usually referred to as Nagmash pikud (command APC)

I can't find any command and control pics but here is one that is in the Israeli Army and does haul stuff. Now, if I could only explain that radar noise on the Reuters feed.

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join