addressing the percentage of rockets intercepted out of the rockets that were engaged.
Depends on what you mean by "intercept". The anti-missile missile may explode the warhead of the incoming rocket and that is like you say,
"successful". The problem that was being addressed was what happens to all the debris from both weapons?
Although a warhead may not impact the ground, all of the debris from both rockets destruction surely will. That was one of the problems encountered
with the Patriot in Desert Storm. Remains to be seen here. Even if 86% of the missiles fired are "destroyed", the other 14% of Iron Drome missiles
debris still has to come down somewhere. Thats the unsuccessful part. Otherwise, its a big success of course.
If its so successful maybe they can cut back 86% on the 1000 lb. bombs being dropped on Gaza?
Well, I found where the RT transmission is coming from on google maps. So now you know where at least two of the bombs have dropped. You can't tell
anything about the nature of the targeted buildings with the low res of the aerial-photo, sadly.
Respectfully, those aren't m113 APC variants. See the Windshield? Thats not a "combat" vehicle. Tanks that go places and get shot at don't have
canvas tops and windshields. Those are command and control. Still hearing that active radar buzz. Do they use that for firing mortars?
The tracks with the tall twin antennae are M113's. The canvas-backs are M548's. Which is a big, tracked, pick-up truck. It carries pretty much
anything. IDF might have a command and control version, I don't know. If they were C2 they'd have more antennae on them, I'd guess. The M548 is
a M113 variant...
edit on 20-11-2012 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)
The Above Top Secret Web site is a wholly owned social content community of The Above Network, LLC.
This content community relies on user-generated content from our member contributors. The opinions of our members are not those of site ownership who maintains strict editorial agnosticism and simply provides a collaborative venue for free expression.
All content copyright 2013, The Above Network, LLC.