It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Just think... if both Gaza and Israel both had the Iron Dome capabilities they could both lob missiles at each other with relative impunity. More defense and less offense.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
reply to post by Zaphod58

When you folks are talking about the stream from Reuters, do you mean this one?

reuters.livestation.com...

AND DIS ONE rt.com...://fml.3443.edgecastcdn.net/203443/&type=rtmp&file=en-stream.flv&abouttext=Russia

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by JackBauer
Got the flag up this morning i see.

Looks like Israel has rolled out its new combat unit

Once combine they become mecha-jewbot

thats a joke so laugh if you can
too much tension out there
edit on 19-11-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)
If they invade the tanks will go ahead.I was so hopeful when Israel withdrew from Gaza years ago...for a moment there was a chance for peace.
edit on 19-11-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nexttothemoon

Thats like putting a humidifier and a de-humidifier together and watching
which wins
Or hey fireworks!..until one lands in your popcorn.
edit on 19-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by nexttothemoon
virtualjerusalem.com...

That's the first story I can find online about the 36 hour ultimatum so 36 hours from then would be ~ Tuesday evening around 6 pm Israel time.... just over 12 hours from now.

That link opens with a "ISRAEL UNDER ATTACK - donate" ... it kinda boiled my blood... Donate? Really? That must be a bad joke.

I suppose all that money and hardware that the U.S has gifted them throughout the last 5 decades including subsidizing the iron dome system just did not cut it.

Next up , U.S citizens to pay more tax money to throw at israel because they did not donate.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That post has all the current feed links in it for those that are joining late and need the links.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Well ya... hopefully it would be a perfect stalemate and the world would live in peace forever as they futilely lob at each other.

Sadly that's not the way it works in the real world though. Real blood and guts are constantly spilled on both sides as someone always carries a bigger stick.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That post has all the current feed links in it for those that are joining late and need the links.

Wow Zaphod58

You are probably the most helpful user this forums has to offer a country boy like me.

Many thanks sir.

PS I am stars everytime you say.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

If Iran can have a big stick too there might be peace?

edit on 19-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

reply to post by intrptr

That's typical though. Although was the 86% for the entire campaign, or for the last 72 hours? It doesn't have as good a percentage as is being reported in overall numbers of rockets, but I think if we break it down to actual rockets engaged, then we'll find that it's much higher.

It's like the Patriot in Desert Storm. It actually hit a lot of the missiles it was fired at, the problem was that the debris, which frequently included the warhead, still landed. So people said that it wasn't nearly as effective as it was.

I wish there was some way that we could know how many were fired that were actually engaged, and break that down into how many were hit, and get a true percentage of effectiveness.

I don't know how they arrived at those numbers either. Like you said, the issue is more complicated than just "intercepting" an incoming missile. The fallout from shrapnel (from both missiles) spreads over a wide area, and unexploded warheads may still get thru. If the anti-missile "misses", it's warhead still detonates up there and all that stuff comes down too.

I'll explain it simply enough. The higher rates (80%+, 75%+) are addressing the percentage of rockets intercepted out of the rockets that were engaged.

The Iron Dome system has radars that calculate the trajectory of incoming rockets and 'predict' the impact destination. Since there is no point wasting a 10k$ missile on a rocket that's going to hit a desolate area, not all rockets are being engaged, only those that are calculated to hit a populated area.

Understanding this, it's only logical to count only the rockets that were targeted at all.

If a total of 100 rockets were launched, 90 destined to hit the desert, 10 destined to hit a city and only 9 were intercepted successfully (suppose the other one hit), it's valid to say that the system achieved a success rate of 90% even though it shot down 9 out of 100 rockets that were launched.

It's people who don't care about facts and are only out to denounce anything Israel related that spout "OH IRON DOME IS A FAILURE LOL THE 80% FIGURE IS A LIE". Not talking about you guys of course.

I hope this helps explaining it better.
edit on 19-11-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

No doubt... they'll all butcher themselves to a victorious peace in the afterlife I guess.

Personally I like living too much to die for a country or religion. If i lived there I'd move away from Gaza or Israel if it's the last thing I did... I wouldn't want to stick around fighting a 1000 years old war that's never ending for generations to come. Easier said than done when you are brought up in that environment of course.. but sanity and logic has to prevail over what they are currently doing.

Every Israeli and every Palestinian could easily fit into many other areas of the Earth that are sparsely populated far away from each other and the constant conflict would be over... but they'd refuse that solution because of their beliefs and religions and brainwashings... and I say that totally unbiased towards either side as they are equal imo.
edit on 19-11-2012 by nexttothemoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

And regardless of if Iron Dome has a 90% rate, or a 100% rate, or a 30% rate, the debris from the rockets that were hit and the missile that exploded has to go somewhere. That's always been the problem with anti-missile systems, from the Phalanx, to the Patriot, to the Iron Dome. You can kill the missile, but the debris, which at times includes the intact warhead, has to land somewhere. Which, if you're the person under it, is a Bad Thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The solution then would be a literal IRON DOME over each region... so the missiles fall back towards and onto the launching adversaries.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The optimum response would be to be able to intercept just after launch, detonating the rocket as it's climbing out, so it blows up over the launcher. But that idea would probably work too.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

reply to post by IsraeliGuy

And regardless of if Iron Dome has a 90% rate, or a 100% rate, or a 30% rate, the debris from the rockets that were hit and the missile that exploded has to go somewhere. That's always been the problem with anti-missile systems, from the Phalanx, to the Patriot, to the Iron Dome. You can kill the missile, but the debris, which at times includes the intact warhead, has to land somewhere. Which, if you're the person under it, is a Bad Thing.

Agreed, but the debris is infinitely less deadly than the actual rocket.

Also, debris of a Qassam after being hit with an Irom Dome interceptor is never going to consist an intact warhead.
What you're saying could perhaps happen when dealing with an exceptionally large missile, not the homemade rockets like Qassams.
Iron Dome rockets are programmed to detonate only in extreme proximity of the rocket. Their explosion triggers the Qassam 100% of the time.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

It never ceases to amaze me,a place where peace,love ,brotherhood and tolerance was supposedly spread by a great man experiences the most violence and hatred from and towards it..
star nextto lol

edit on 20-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

I can easily be wrong but those look like troop carriers to me.

I'm pretty sure that is an Iron D ome battery. Two of them. A privileged peek at that. When you google it you get pictures of the launcher and not much else.

I made a blow up and marked what I believe to be the launcher itself. Sitting there between the operators and radar dish tracks. Kind of "canted" at that slight angle?

Two command and control tracks (with the "canvas" on back), two detection radar units (with the dish and twin upright antennas) and I don't see the other launcher from this angle.

The dead giveaway is that buzz in the background of Reuters that you can hear when the traffic dies down. If that radar detects a rocket your'e going to hear it squeal over Reuter's audio channel.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I'm pretty sure that is an Iron D ome battery. Two of them.

No dude that's not it :p
Trust me you will not be sitting on plastic chairs right next to it. Besides it's not even remotely similar.

It's also horribly immobile. Maybe the tenth version of it will be.
edit on 20-11-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No way,the blast would cripple them lol..anyway it's far too small to house the dome battery
it's a mobile artillery (mortar) position, as i mentioned in my earlier post.
edit on 20-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Just do a google image search... the Iron Dome system looks much different than those APC type vehicles down there.
edit on 20-11-2012 by nexttothemoon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join