It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is some highly mystical praying.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner NCB...
Wow, now that's what you call surreal. 4:45 AM in Gaza...
Drones, Roosters, Explosions and the call to prayer. Nothing short of a M Knight Shyamalan scene.
Just freaky - kind of like watching Eraserhead...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Peace please for all involved!

I'm hitting the sack.

Please keep us updated.

I hope & pray for no casualties!!! The images of the kids on one of the streams gave me nightmares.

They started showing them last night - about the same time as now. I can't watch that type of thing again.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Very surreal. That rooster didn't shut up for the thunderous roar of explosions but was respectfully quiet for that call to prayer?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I keep reading that a peace deal is coming within a few hours. Do you think this will be the case? Example:

04:00 Al-Arabiya reports cease-fire between Hamas and Israel a few hours away (Army Radio)
edit on 19-11-2012 by Ronnie6657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
More explosions!!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ronnie6657
I keep reading that a peace deal is coming within a few hours. Do you think this will be the case? Example:

04:00 Al-Arabiya reports cease-fire between Hamas and Israel a few hours away (Army Radio)
edit on 19-11-2012 by Ronnie6657 because: (no reason given)

There was a press conference on RT earlier at the UN Security Council that said there was no cease fire yet and they were still talking about it. They couldn't even agree on a formal statement to the press as a whole. Thy said something could come as early as tomorrow RE press release.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Teleport4 feed www.ustream.tv...

Where is this?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I never know what they are saying, but sometimes the call to prayer, and prayer, sounds so peaceful. At least once a day there is a moment of relative calm that's somewhat serine.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestial1

Teleport4 feed www.ustream.tv...

Where is this?

Gaza...pointed South, southeast.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie6657

I should hope so. Al Jazeera reported on telly a few hours ago the 'invasion' plan is complete should ceasefire talks fail.

As as a reply to the above about the children. Yep. I stumbled across something yesterday that put me off coming back to continue updates, as much as the need to inform people of the horror of this conflict... I would have hoped people would have had respect for the dead and their families.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by intrptr

That's typical though. Although was the 86% for the entire campaign, or for the last 72 hours? It doesn't have as good a percentage as is being reported in overall numbers of rockets, but I think if we break it down to actual rockets engaged, then we'll find that it's much higher.

It's like the Patriot in Desert Storm. It actually hit a lot of the missiles it was fired at, the problem was that the debris, which frequently included the warhead, still landed. So people said that it wasn't nearly as effective as it was.

I wish there was some way that we could know how many were fired that were actually engaged, and break that down into how many were hit, and get a true percentage of effectiveness.

I don't know how they arrived at those numbers either. Like you said, the issue is more complicated than just "intercepting" an incoming missile. The fallout from shrapnel (from both missiles) spreads over a wide area, and unexploded warheads may still get thru. If the anti-missile "misses", it's warhead still detonates up there and all that stuff comes down too.

Heres a brief of the problems experienced with the Patriot system during "Desert Storm" I remember seeing these bits of news footage back then and it makes we wonder about the effectiveness of such a concept.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by auroraaus
reply to post by Ronnie6657

I should hope so. Al Jazeera reported on telly a few hours ago the 'invasion' plan is complete should ceasefire talks fail.

As as a reply to the above about the children. Yep. I stumbled across something yesterday that put me off coming back to continue updates, as much as the need to inform people of the horror of this conflict... I would have hoped people would have had respect for the dead and their families.

Russia has their own resolution they will take to the UN Security Council if a cease fire can''t be reached. Any resolution brought to the UN that condemns Israel or their acts, will unfortunately be vetoed by the USA. And you can probably bet Russia will veto any resolution the USA comes up with.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I just heard a pair of gunships go overhead on the RT feed. And there are more explosions. The Apaches are moving in.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Report: Gaza Ceasefire 'Within Hours'

www.israelnationalnews.com...

A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza could go into effect “within several hours”, according to a Monday night report by the Al-Arabiya network.

The report said that the forum of nine senior Israeli ministers was expected to approve an initial outline for a ceasefire with Hamas.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Report: Gaza Ceasefire 'Within Hours'

www.israelnationalnews.com...

A ceasefire between Israel and Gaza could go into effect “within several hours”, according to a Monday night report by the Al-Arabiya network.

The report said that the forum of nine senior Israeli ministers was expected to approve an initial outline for a ceasefire with Hamas.

Yet this is contradicting something the UN has said.

And power out again in places there.
edit on 19-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I guess you'll find out in a couple of hours.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Lots of smoke on the RT feed
I thought you people were kidding about a rooster,lol.It IS a rooster!Kind of eerie,nothing moving just the rooster crowing...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I was listening to NPR on the way home tonight and they had a reporter with Israeli troops on the border. She said last night they were all set to go - their commander said they would be in Gaza within a few hours. She then said tonight it was completely different - the soldiers had moved back, they were relaxing, sitting around messing on their iPhones, and their commander had now said they would be HOME in a few hours.

At first I thought it was rather odd that they would basically report their readiness levels to anybody listening. Then I remembered that during Operation Cast Lead they did exactly the same thing before going in...from Wiki

The day before the beginning of the offensive on December 27 the IDF pulled troops back from the border and used its radio channels to broadcast talk of a "lull" to achieve a disinformation coup ("con") to lure Hamas fighters out of hiding.

Remember those white lawn chairs next to the APC's yesterday as well - right where everybody could see them? Why bright white when you can get a nice camo design? Maybe so Hamas would see them from miles away just chilling out. Are they invading or just kicking back with some beers? Who knows.

Basically, don't believe anything you hear or see

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

It's surreal. With the UAV overhead, the Apaches going overhead, the explosions, the rooster kept crowing. When morning prayers started, he got a lot quieter.

new topics

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join