It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Ayman Mohyeldin‏@AymanM NBC NEWS

Bulldozers have arrived to sift thru rubble for survivors at site of #Israeli airstrike on what appears 2 b National Bank next 2 court bldg

Expand

13mAyman Mohyeldin‏@AymanM

Rescue workers looking for survivors in compound after it was struck by #Israeli military just few hundred meters... fb.me...

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

14mAyman Mohyeldin‏@AymanM

Black smoke billowing engulfing our live position after Israeli airstrikes on #Gaza courthouse yfrog.us...

View video

20mAyman Mohyeldin‏@AymanM

Paramedics and Firefighters have arrived to scene of #Israeli airstrikes on central courthouse compound in #gaza

Expand

31mAyman Mohyeldin‏@AymanM

Breaking: two Massive israeli airstrikes and explosion targeting courthouse right behind our live position @nbcnightlynews @nbcnews
twitter.com...
edit on 19-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: make it look better

edit on 19-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SleepingInArmour

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
reply to post by CALGARIAN

So they backed off that time...but targeting international journalists, intentionally, takes any precision they have and throws it out the window.

International journalists were never intentionally targeted.

Yes they were. Clear as day. The IDF knew who was in the building. You can't tell me it wasn't intentional...they waited for those who survived their "warning" to leave before blowing it up two more times that night...then once again the next day. Yeah that wasn't intentional at all.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sounds like artillery firing going on as of a couple minutes ago.
No truce, apparently. :0(

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Man another one close by!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken, the building on Reuters feed looks like the media building they bombed 4 times before. That must be one hell of a "communications satellite"

EDIT: As I saved my post, the feed changed away from it

edit on 19-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rai76

Which feed are you on?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Israeli Defense Force admits to targeting media center in Gaza City airstrike

The IDF called their specific targets "Hamas operational communication sites". The IDF also claims Hamas staged a scene outside the building to make it appear an injured man was being taken away in an ambulance, who was "seen minutes later walking around."

. "We obviously knew there were journalists in the building, so we did not attack other floors in the building" Sky News, RT News, Ma’an news agency, and al-Quds TV, among other agencies, all have offices located in the building.

OH OK! So they didn't attack other floors. Just that one floor. So they weren't targeting them at all...my mistake! (sarcasm). I don't need to post this article. Al Jazzera video speaks for itself.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by rai76

Which feed are you on?

This one....it sounded more close than it was actually
but quite loud

rt.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hamas strikes again killing dozens of innocents with their rockets into Israel.

Barrage of Missile Fire Slaughters Chickens

www.israelnationalnews.com...

In the first hour of Monday evening, missile fire aimed at southern Israel from Gaza began the night by killing a coop full of chickens at a kibbutz in the Gaza Belt region. The coop, located in an agricultural cooperative near Israel's southern border, took a direct hit from a short-range Qassam rocket fired by Gaza terrorists.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

In the first hour of Monday evening, missile fire aimed at southern Israel from Gaza began the night by killing a coop full of chickens at a kibbutz in the Gaza Belt region. The coop, located in an agricultural cooperative near Israel's southern border, took a direct hit from a short-range Qassam rocket fired by Gaza terrorists.

So Hamas kills chickens...Israel injures/kills journalists. Got it

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I know where the RT camera is in gaza and that last big strike either hit the islamic bank or the cairo amman bank, maybe both. The courthouse is not far from them, less than a block away.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

“Bringing in ground forces clearly would have a price. There are other paths that have not been exhausted that would not require loss of life on either side.” Feiglin, who has been touring southern communities under rocket fire, said he did not understand why Israel has not decided to take non-violent punitive measures that he believes would isolate Hamas. While spokesmen for Israel have been stressing for the past week that Hamas started the fight, Feiglin blamed the Israeli governments that adopted the Oslo Accords and started the process of relinquishing Israeli control over the Gaza Strip to the Palestine Liberation Organization, the Palestinian Authority and then Hamas. “Recognizing the PLO’s sovereignty has prevented us from acting out of anything other than self-defense, when we should be acting out of justice,” he said.

www.jpost.com...

A quote that shows not all Israeli Likud politicians are unanimous in wanting to send in ground forces to Gaza.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

And this is news worthy Israel ?
Since there's not enough casualties on the Zionist side, they had to mention the chicken..... I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry about this.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I also like how they don't even call it Hamas or Alqassam Brigades anymore...they just call them "Gaza terrorists" as if to presume everyone there is a terrorist.
edit on 19-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

I also like how they don't even call it Hamas or Alqassam Brigades anymore...they just call them "Gaza terrorists" as if to presume everyone there is a terrorist.

Thanks for another opinion. You just do not get it?

By the users name, click the scroll down and hit ALERT.

End your opinions please.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they did it as a joke.
Not even Israel is stupid enough to try "HURR DURR DEY KILLED OUR CHICKENZ LETZ KILL DEM HERP"

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
this just came up a bit ago (has that nbc guy I posted above who was near latest attack)

Gaza Media Coverage Reports Strikes In Real Time, Without Restrictions

Smoke and fire are seen from an explosion by a high rise housing media organizations in Gaza City, on Monday. (AP /Hatem Moussa)

NEW YORK -- NBC News correspondent Ayman Mohyeldin said it's a "completely different dynamic" reporting from Gaza now than it was four years ago, given both the unrestricted access for journalists and widespread use of social media.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 19-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: fix it

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI

reply to post by Swills

Thanks for another opinion. You just do not get it?

By the users name, click the scroll down and hit ALERT.

End your opinions please.

It's not my opinion. I was merely quoting the article I was replying to. They called them "Gaza terrorists." Not me. Please read all links regarding discussion before making implications.

In the first hour of Monday evening, missile fire aimed at southern Israel from Gaza began the night by killing a coop full of chickens at a kibbutz in the Gaza Belt region. The coop, located in an agricultural cooperative near Israel's southern border, took a direct hit from a short-range Qassam rocket fired by **Gaza terrorists.**

edit on 19-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: **bold**

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Cease fire talks in their future?

Report: Cabinet Meets on Egyptian Ceasefire Proposal

Israel's Cabinet convened late Monday night to discuss a ceasefire proposal advanced by Egypt, according to a radio news broadcast.

No details were provided about the proposal, which emerged following a day of indirect negotiations Sunday in Cairo between Israeli and Palestinian Authority officials.

Earlier in the day, the Israeli government warned Gaza's terrorist organizations they had 36 hours in which to stop raining rocket fire on its families – or the country's Pillar of Defense ("Amud Anan" in Hebrew) counter terror offensive would be expanded to the next level.

Egypt, Israel, Hamas close to reaching cease-fire deal

www.haaretz.com...

Government postpones decision on whether to launch ground invasion of Gaza by at least a day; Netanyahu and Barak believe it has potential for limited benefit; White House and European countries, including Britain, France and Germany express strong opposition to ground operation

edit on 19-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join