It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 150
141
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Definatley at a pivotal stage of this conflict,things can go very bad(either way) or a cease-fire will be observed.
fingers crossed on the latter.




posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElderOfZion

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by ElderOfZion

I disagree. Netanyahu wouldn't be stalling with the ground campaign if there wasn't some kind of negotiation behind the scenes. Of course, It could all fail.


In my opinion, they are holding off because if they invade, this time they will probably stay there and in both the short and long term, that could be a very bad thing. I don't think Israel will be please with any result unless it gets to do what it wants to Hamas.


I think it is more complicated than that. This is ATS.Think ATS. Are you totally sure that Netanyahu wants to get rid of Hamas? If he has a choice?



Just ran across this in the Huff post

Huff post link

gives a bit more insite as to where this is headed.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
is it just me?

Harry is reading the names of the dead, but
there is no sound....



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

www.yourmiddleeast.com...

Fatah and Hamas --- have been locked in a bitter dispute for years, and little has emerged from an interim truce the two sides struck in April last year.

But the ongoing bloodshed appears to have prompted a rethink of traditional rivalries as the Palestinian death toll in Gaza reached 104 late on Monday.

Palestinian Prime Minister Minister Salam Fayyad -- a Fatah member -- said in a statement that there was "an urgent need to respond positively" to the idea of a meeting between all Palestinian groups in both Gaza and the West Bank.

Well thats one way to unite the Middle East against Israel. Start bombing one of the rival factions. The enemy of an enemy is a friend?

Seems kind of shortsighted on Netanyahu's part. What could possess him so to pour gasoline on an already unstable region at a time when it can little afford to take it?

Oh, I see.


www.yourmiddleeast.com...

Palestinian commentators claim that the Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu’s decision to launch a military operation on Gaza this close before the campaigns was made to guarantee his triumph in the parliamentary elections, assuming that a clash in the besieged strip would be a quick and rather easy victory for Israel.

"After a series of economical and social failures during his time as the Prime Minister of Israel, Netanyahu seems to be on a desperate search for victory," said Dr. Hanny Al Basoos, a professor at the Islamic University Gaza and political analyst specialized in Israeli politics.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer
 


Iwo is the perfect ship for an evac. Not sure how much use the New York, and the Gunston Hall are going to be though. Although the New York is a San Antonio, which means she's got plenty of room.

USS Iwo Jima
USS New York
USS Gunston Hall

reply to post by stinka
 


Not really. The Iwo Jima carries a Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), but one MEU isn't going to make that much of a difference. It's usually only about 2200 troops.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
is it just me?

Harry is reading the names of the dead, but
there is no sound....



I have sound here.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
those drones sound like lethal bees swarming. must be surreal to listen to them buzzing around, with fingers firmly crossed.

Yeah I've been thinking that, it must be phsycological torture for the Palestinians



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am a little unsettled by how quiet it has been the past hour or so. Literally just about the only thing heard is drones...rarely any cars or explosions. If the rumors were right about an invasion taking place on Tuesday, then perhaps that's why it's so quiet. But I am just speculating.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil
 


No, that's the Huron flying around with the props unsynched. That's an old old old psychological warfare trick about as old as multi-engine planes have been around.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne
 


hmmm weird, think its time to reboot, something
must of got stuck some where in the dma's lol



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I am a little unsettled by how quiet it has been the past hour or so. Literally just about the only thing heard is drones...rarely any cars or explosions. If the rumors were right about an invasion taking place on Tuesday, then perhaps that's why it's so quiet. But I am just speculating.


it's not quiet....the last hours there are many reports of deaths and injuries do you call this quiet?



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr



www.yourmiddleeast.com...

Fatah and Hamas --- have been locked in a bitter dispute for years, and little has emerged from an interim truce the two sides struck in April last year.

But the ongoing bloodshed appears to have prompted a rethink of traditional rivalries as the Palestinian death toll in Gaza reached 104 late on Monday.

Palestinian Prime Minister Minister Salam Fayyad -- a Fatah member -- said in a statement that there was "an urgent need to respond positively" to the idea of a meeting between all Palestinian groups in both Gaza and the West Bank.

Well thats one way to unite the Middle East against Israel. Start bombing one of the rival factions. The enemy of an enemy is a friend?

Seems kind of shortsighted on Netanyahu's part. What could possess him so to pour gasoline on an already unstable region at a time when it can little afford to take it?

Oh, I see.


www.yourmiddleeast.com...

Palestinian commentators claim that the Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu’s decision to launch a military operation on Gaza this close before the campaigns was made to guarantee his triumph in the parliamentary elections, assuming that a clash in the besieged strip would be a quick and rather easy victory for Israel.

"After a series of economical and social failures during his time as the Prime Minister of Israel, Netanyahu seems to be on a desperate search for victory," said Dr. Hanny Al Basoos, a professor at the Islamic University Gaza and political analyst specialized in Israeli politics.





Well. The strategic rivalries as I see it.

The Arabian gulf (oil) states vs Iran & Syria.
Turkey vs Arabs
Egypt (sunnah muslim brothers) vs shiites (Iran)
Egypt vs Saudi (Who should lead the Arab world)
Hamas vs Fatah
Israel vs Iran
Hamas has to make a choice (Iran or Egypt)
If Morsi plays his cards right and gets this truce going he is in for the big prize.
Puts Egypt back on the leadership role.
Egypt gets Obama's support and the World Bank financial aid it desperately needs.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rai76
 


Compared to the bombardments we've been listening to the last few days, yes, this is very quiet.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by rai76
 


Compared to the bombardments we've been listening to the last few days, yes, this is very quiet.


what we are seeing is just one or two locations on the webcams, but that does not mean nothing is happening. There have been a lot of reports tonight of casualties



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rai76
 


I know there's a lot going on, but the massive naval bombardments, and the aerial bombardments have quieted. You can hear those hitting for miles around the target area, depending on how big a weapon is used.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I am a little unsettled by how quiet it has been the past hour or so. Literally just about the only thing heard is drones...rarely any cars or explosions. If the rumors were right about an invasion taking place on Tuesday, then perhaps that's why it's so quiet. But I am just speculating.


it's not quiet....the last hours there are many reports of deaths and injuries do you call this quiet?


I was referring to the feeds.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I am a little unsettled by how quiet it has been the past hour or so. Literally just about the only thing heard is drones...rarely any cars or explosions. If the rumors were right about an invasion taking place on Tuesday, then perhaps that's why it's so quiet. But I am just speculating.


Maybe they've run out of targets for air-to-ground. There's only so much you can do with bombers against mobile targets in built-up areas. So, yeah, time for the ground troops I guess.

I'm still thinking we won't get that far. I have a feeling if Israel was going to invade they would have done it by now. A similar ground assault to 4 years ago wouldn't be worth it - it got them nothing in the end because, well, here we are again. The alternative would be to go in with a view to ending this problem once and for all.......and I think they realized the casualties inflicted versus probable mission success was not a pretty picture. Not to mention world opinion firmly swinging against them.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Quiet here on the Israeli side too.

Calling it a day.

Shalom!



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by rai76
 


Compared to the bombardments we've been listening to the last few days, yes, this is very quiet.


Precisely what I meant.



posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Don't know if any of you have seen this:

WATCH: Bomb explodes near Anderson Cooper during live broadcast

Cooper instinctively ducks forward and says 'woah!' as bomb heard from where he's reporting in Gaza.

www.mediaite.com...




top topics



 
141
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

log in

join