Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I know how to identify a strike, but how are they designating their targets? If a site hasn't launched a missile it's nearly invisible hidden in a civilian structure.

Good question...I am assuming there were rockets launched from those locations before. Also not all launches are seen on camera unfortunately.

Also the phone is ringing again...and still no answer...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
what is the music for/from ? anyone know?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

I know how to identify a strike, but how are they designating their targets? If a site hasn't launched a missile it's nearly invisible hidden in a civilian structure.

My guess is a combination of drones and reconnaissance data from soldiers/intel sources. It's not too difficult for a military with the gadgets Israel has to triangulate where rockets are being fired from. As for designating targets, depends on the munitions being delivered. Some munitions don't require a target to be "painted" for a strike. Others allow the pilot/gunner to paint the target manually, and others still require laser designation which can be done by boots on the ground.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dedpope

Morning Prayers.

link   

Uhm.. Prayers??

link   
You think they'll cut em some slack during morning prayer?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The phone doesn't surprise me, there have been twitter warnings about not picking up unknown numbers because the Israelis are using the gps coordinated to launch strikes.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
You think they'll cut em some slack during morning prayer?

Hasn't been the case unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowcast
The phone doesn't surprise me, there have been twitter warnings about not picking up unknown numbers because the Israelis are using the gps coordinated to launch strikes.

Ah yes I forgot about that. Good call! But I do believe there is a house phone ringing sometimes. Either way I totally agree with you.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Counter battery fire is directed by radar......with a radar track to follow they return fire right on top of the offending emplacement (theoretically.....)
The anti missile boys took down 28 of 128 missiles to Iron Dome yesterday....so they do have radar data to compute from for the srty.........
edit on 15-11-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Here are a couple previous examples, please keep in mind that these examples doe not represent every incident but I thought I would share a couple even though they are from years ago.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said the target was "a terrorist squad that was attempting to place an explosive device by the security fence" in the second such incident this year.

www.aljazeera.com...

An Air Force jet carried out a strike against a rocket cell in the northern Gaza Strip on Friday morning seconds before it fired rockets at Israel. The IDF Spokesperson's Unit said that the aircraft hit two terrorists and succeeded in foiling the attempted rocket attack.

www.ynetnews.com...

As I said, these examples are different than today's incident, but I just wanted to point out that Israel seems to have a machine that allows them to see in the future where they can "thwart" attacks seconds before they happened. I'm not buying it most the time.

Reminds me of that movie with Tom Cruise where they predicted crime ahead of time.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yes and with such truth. Praying like there is no tomorrow. It is heart breaking.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Pallywood is back....
video.news.com.au...

"An injured Palestinian wearing a beige jacket is filmed being carried away by a group of men then later seen walking around."

link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

From the sounds of things there are not boots on the ground in this area, at least not yet. Israel is ready to move it's forces in, but has not as far as we've been told.

It would make sense to me ground forces would be able to capture, and either destroy these sites themselves or make them inert, with out the need of close air support.

Again, as far as I've heard no ground forces in this area to help identify a target.

Thank you for clearing up the previous launch theory. I'm aware of the capabilities to identify a target through triangulation and it is possible these sites had performed launches before we started watching.

link   
Right on time...The prayers ended right at 9:45pm eastern. I love listening to them. Always a serine sound even if I can't understand what they are saying. But its really cool how the prayers start and end almost at the same time.

link   

According to what we have discovered, these phones are not to be answered as they could be triangulation for GPS to bomb certain locations and knock out communications that are still up.

link   
No they were probably firing a SECOND missile......

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Morning Prayers.

oh ok thanks for the info

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Anonymous starts taking down Israeli websites?
twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Anonymous starts taking down Israeli websites?
twitter.com...

That was one of the IDF sites if I recall. Happened a few hours ago. I forget what the direct link was to the particular site though.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join