It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Israel surppresses Gaza protests in West Bank; One Paletinian killed

For the second day in a row, Israeli soldiers fired tire gas at the unarmed students of Al Quds University in Abu Dis in the West Bank in an attempt to suppress protests against the assault on Gaza. Israeli forces have violently put down demonstrations across East Jerusalem and the West Bank in the past several days. Rushdi Tamimi, 31, was shot by Israeli soldiers during a protest in Nabi Saleh on Saturday; he died today in a Ramallah hospital.

Read Futher

Palestinian protester killed

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I think he is just curating information like we are.

One of his sources of information may be Andy Carvin. Andy is a powerhouse when it comes to sorting through information and verifying it. I've been reading his twitter feed for over a year.

edit on 19-11-2012 by OneisOne because: need a space!

I also follow him. Have for sometime. He is a good source.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Reporting from Israel.

www.ynetnews.com...

Good chance of a cease fire in the next 24 hours. Egypt, Turkey and the Gulf States are putting alot of pressure on Hamas. Otherwise it will be a point of no return.

www.ynetnews.com...

Hamas rocket hits Ashkelon school. Thank God no studies today due to the situation. The Israeli population is behaving in a disciplined fashion obeying the safety orders, thereby minimizing civilian casualties.

www.ynetnews.com...

Iron Dome a success
. Over 86% hit rate. The Iron Dome has totally changed the strategic balance. Allowing the IAFmore breathing space to complete the air strikes before moving into ground maneuvers.

Over 30000 reserves have been drafted. The motivation is very high here to continue the offensive if necessary.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
At this point I take anything said about a cease fire with a grain of salt...especially from Israeli news sources. If a truce were even remotely close, then we wouldn't be seeing airstrikes and hearing drones. Besides this news has been circulating for days. Propaganda at its best.
edit on 19-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have to agree, judging from what has been going on
this morning, i believe the hopes of it stopping anytime soon
are right up there with easter bunny and pots of gold at
the end of the rainbow...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Damn Reuters for cutting their feed. Their advisories are useless.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I disagree. Netanyahu wouldn't be stalling with the ground campaign if there wasn't some kind of negotiation behind the scenes. Of course, It could all fail.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yes, IA I don't see them coming together in peace any time soon. I just got an alert on the iGaza app that someone mentioned earlier, thanks to whoever that was BTW! That said death toll rises as peace talks falter

On the iGaza app does anyone know where I can find the map they have on there online? I have it on my iPad but it doesn't work very good on the iPad, and I can see the little marks on the map but can't tell what any of them mean, so anyone have an address for the map for my computer?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElderOfZion

I disagree. Netanyahu wouldn't be stalling with the ground campaign if there wasn't some kind of negotiation behind the scenes. Of course, It could all fail.

In my opinion, they are holding off because if they invade, this time they will probably stay there and in both the short and long term, that could be a very bad thing. I don't think Israel will be please with any result unless it gets to do what it wants to Hamas.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Funny: War on RT feed and, Wall Street on Reuters...Oh the irony.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well I guess it depends on where one gets their "facts" from about Iron Dome. Here's a different "percentage":

www.yourmiddleeast.com...

Over the past 72 hours, the Israeli army says militants have fired more than 600 rockets over the border, of which 430 hit and 245 were intercepted by Iron Dome.

Far less than "86 percent".

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So are Hamas FOR Palestinians or just AGAINST Israel?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by ElderOfZion

In my opinion, they are holding off because if they invade, this time they will probably stay there and in both the short and long term, that could be a very bad thing. I don't think Israel will be please with any result unless it gets to do what it wants to Hamas.

I think it is more complicated than that. This is ATS.Think ATS. Are you totally sure that Netanyahu wants to get rid of Hamas? If he has a choice?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Well I guess it depends on where one gets their "facts" from about Iron Dome. Here's a different "percentage":

www.yourmiddleeast.com...

Over the past 72 hours, the Israeli army says militants have fired more than 600 rockets over the border, of which 430 hit and 245 were intercepted by Iron Dome.

Far less than "86 percent".

Sorry. Wrong. Iron Dome only tries to intercept rockets that are going to hit urban areas (The missile is expensive). The rockets that miss the urban areas are allowed to hit.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

Yes, IA I don't see them coming together in peace any time soon. I just got an alert on the iGaza app that someone mentioned earlier, thanks to whoever that was BTW! That said death toll rises as peace talks falter

On the iGaza app does anyone know where I can find the map they have on there online? I have it on my iPad but it doesn't work very good on the iPad, and I can see the little marks on the map but can't tell what any of them mean, so anyone have an address for the map for my computer?

That would be me

It's a bit gimmicky/buggy tbh. Map is useless. But the push updates are handy and have kept me up to date whilst I was busy working today

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
U.S. sends warships near Israel in case evacuation needed
--

Three U.S. Navy amphibious warships are returning to the eastern Mediterranean to remain on standby in the event they are needed to assist Americans leaving Israel in the coming days, according to two U.S. officials.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That's typical though. Although was the 86% for the entire campaign, or for the last 72 hours? It doesn't have as good a percentage as is being reported in overall numbers of rockets, but I think if we break it down to actual rockets engaged, then we'll find that it's much higher.

It's like the Patriot in Desert Storm. It actually hit a lot of the missiles it was fired at, the problem was that the debris, which frequently included the warhead, still landed. So people said that it wasn't nearly as effective as it was.

I wish there was some way that we could know how many were fired that were actually engaged, and break that down into how many were hit, and get a true percentage of effectiveness.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

That is ominous as hell

link   
Israel needs Hamas as an enemy, so there won't be international pressure for Palestinian demand for their own state (IMO). I read that Hamas leader that was killed, had been negotiating long time for a peace deal between Israel and Hamas and was having a breakthrough when he was killed.

link   
reply to post by intrptr

Now can you find how many were fired from the Iron dome batteries?
It doesn't fire at ones heading just anywhere. It is supposed to fire at only ones headed towards populated areas.
At 40,000 dollars a Iron dome rockets to those 800 dollar ones you just don`t take them all out.

new topics

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join