It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hearing drones again on the CPSWire RT feed.

Looks like Reuters is back up again as well with decent audio - constant drone buzz....

Harry is back on-line reporting again after a brief loss of broadcast.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am home from work. I see the feeds are good today. Good audio and all. What have I missed?

Reuters feed Good sound

RT feed Good sound

Occupied Air feed

Harry's feed Audio only
edit on 19-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Hamas Leader Dares Israel to Invade Amid Gaza Airstrikes

GAZA CITY — The top leader of Hamas dared Israel on Monday to launch a ground invasion of Gaza and dismissed diplomatic efforts to broker a cease-fire in the six-day-old conflict, as the Israeli military conducted a new wave of deadly airstrikes on the besieged Palestinian enclave, including a second hit on a 15-story building that houses media outlets. A volley of rockets fired from Gaza into southern Israel included one that hit a vacant school.

www.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-conflict.html

So much for a cease fire eh?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This site has live updates.

Free To Speak

I was looking through them, and saw this. Had to share. It made me smile. If only it could be so simple. I wish this could all stop. I really feel for all these children, and their families.

A real story about a real Gazan from “Activists around the world for Palestine”

“My 3-year-old nephew in Gaza, Abdallah, is a funny boy. He is very scared of the bombs and the constant shelling. But he told me that now he has a technique to calm himself down. He goes under his bed, closes his ears and starts shouting so that his voice would cover the sound of bombs and rockets. Today, he has a more creative solution: “When the missile comes to our house I hope my strong and big parents will hit it and push it away. But if that doesn’t work then I will give it all my chips, sweets, and candies so that he won’t hit me.”

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

wonder if one Fajr 5 has a nuke war head, or if there is chem/ bio weapon's as well. So now who is the terror state?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ok, so its Yahoo.. less than an hour ago. Interesting for the statements by some of the members of Israels government. I am only quoting the article...

With the elections looming, Netanyahu felt compelled to send in the war planes. By Monday, Israel said it had carried out 1,350 air strikes against arms caches and other sites which have killed about 100 people, more than half of them civilians.
Some of the prime minister's supporters say now is the time to plough into Gaza and stamp out Hamas once and for all.
"We can buy time with small operations, but eventually we will have to deal with the main issue which is the downfall of the regime of Hamas," Danny Danon, the deputy speaker of parliament and a member of Netanyahu's Likud party, told Reuters. "I think we should postpone elections and bring down Hamas."
Others are even more outspoken, such as the son of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, who is a newspaper columnist.
"We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn't stop with Hiroshima. The Japanese weren't surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too," Gilad Sharon wrote in Monday's Jerusalem Post.

Emphasis added. Speaks for itself.
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 19-11-2012 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Heard that one coming... Artillery?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness

Hamas Leader Dares Israel to Invade Amid Gaza Airstrikes

GAZA CITY — The top leader of Hamas dared Israel on Monday to launch a ground invasion of Gaza and dismissed diplomatic efforts to broker a cease-fire in the six-day-old conflict, as the Israeli military conducted a new wave of deadly airstrikes on the besieged Palestinian enclave, including a second hit on a 15-story building that houses media outlets. A volley of rockets fired from Gaza into southern Israel included one that hit a vacant school.

www.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-conflict.html

So much for a cease fire eh?

Intentionally bombing civilian targets is a war crime according to the Geneva Convention. Journalists are protected as civilians in matters like this. Israel will get away with this.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I can't tell if news on a ceasefire/no ceasefire are just an echo chamber or old news getting recycled. Social news is sometimes hard to decipher!

Anywhos, for what it's worth.......

Haaretz is now reporting a top Israeli official has stated they are very close to a ceasefire. haaretz.com - That's in the headline of the page.

And just to make things even more confusing, via Borzou Daragahi:

@borzou
Islamic Jihad official Ziyad Nakhalah,tells Iran's Al-AlaM TV: "We are hours away from signing a comprehensive truce."

--------------------------

And regarding those drones....

Seems they have come up with a name for them. via Paul Danahar

The 'Zeenana's' are back. That's the name the people of #Gaza have given the #Israeli drones. In Arabic it means 'whining child'

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Baby twins killed in north gaza air strike according to my igaza app on iPhone

That's pretty grim

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It is not confirmed yet, but there are reports, Israel just minutes ago targeted a house in Jabalia Camp, the Hijaz family, north of Gaza. 2 children (twin babies) died, possible also the father and 18 people are wounded

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
OK. Regarding the silence from the USA on Gaza/Israel.

This person has been sending out some interesting tweets.

@columlynch (UN reporter for the Washington Post, award winning......)

Two that has grabbed my attention:

Russia's UN envoy suggests/very strongly that US blocking agreement on statement on Middle East conflict
direct link

Another council dip says Susan Rice informed council she has no instructions at this time to engage in negotiations on a Middle East
direct link

Take those for what ya will.......

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Is harry reading our thread?

you just posted. "Russia's UN envoy suggests/very strongly that US blocking agreement on statement on Middle East conflict
direct link "

and surprise he just reported on it...

hmmmmmmm

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

you just posted. "Russia's UN envoy suggests/very strongly that US blocking agreement on statement on Middle East conflict
direct link "

hmmmmmmm

I thought at time he is reading us. I mean all he is doing is reading over stuff on the internet just like we are.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by severdsoul

direct link "

hmmmmmmm

I thought at time he is reading us. I mean all he is doing is reading over stuff on the internet just like we are.

I read it on Twitter already moments ago before he mentioned it and before it was posted here. He also just reported the big bang I heard as well on the RT cam. Unfortunately it's to dark to see where the impact was, but it seemed close by
edit on 19/11/2012 by rai76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

well, this is the best place online to go for news
and updates. Cant say i blame him.

Give us a wave harry if you are following us.
Thanks for the dedication on keeping us updated.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
those drones sound like lethal bees swarming. must be surreal to listen to them buzzing around, with fingers firmly crossed.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I think he is just curating information like we are.

One of his sources of information may be Andy Carvin. Andy is a powerhouse when it comes to sorting through information and verifying it. I've been reading his twitter feed for over a year.

edit on 19-11-2012 by OneisOne because: need a space!

new topics

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join