It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Nov. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan called Israel a terrorist state because of its offensive in Gaza and said he does not trust the United Nations because it lacks a Muslim voice.

Erdogan Calls Israel a Terror State, Sends Minister to Gaza

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Gaza death toll passes 100

And I'm afraid the death toll will be much higher if this escalates further.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

So long as Hamas doesn't make removal of the blockade a precondition.

Alas! This thing will continue.

Hamas definitely needs to be removed from power, but I fear if Israel attempts that, not only will Hamas make sure they kill a lot of civilians, but Egypt/Hezbollah, and the other Islamists, will surely get involved. It may be too risky.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

are you surprised that the Islamist pm of turkey called Israel a terror state?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It is being reported that Iran is sending missiles and rockets to Hamas. Ship has already sailed and is enroute.

An Iranian 150-ton freighter departed Bandar Abbas port Sunday, Nov. 18, with a cargo of 220 short-range missiles and 50 improved long-range Fajar-5 rockets for the Gaza Strip

debka.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
For those of us who sit in our offices, basements, livingrooms, coffee shops and the like taking in all of what is going on in Gaza and Isreal, we all need to take a step back and realize those who are putting them selves in harm's way to bring us these events as they unfold.

Here's an example . . . this photographer list his leg in the shelling on Shawa Tower

Regardless who you support in this conflict, we need to tip our hats to these folks.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

No I am not surprised, however this does put the US in a very awkward position.

Turkey is an ally of the US, Israel is an ally of the US. So we now have an ally calling another ally a terrorist state.

This does not bode well.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

And of course they will enter Gaza via Egypt. Yet, they want to deescalate the situation?

My God, Hamas, or rather, Islamism, is a monstrous philosophy. They would be willing to sacrifice every man, woman and child.

As they often pride themselves on "we live death the way Jews love life". No kidding!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by kennylee

And of course they will enter Gaza via Egypt. Yet, they want to deescalate the situation?

My God, Hamas, or rather, Islamism, is a monstrous philosophy. They would be willing to sacrifice every man, woman and child.

As they often pride themselves on "we live death the way Jews love life". No kidding!

Please, stop your biased BS in this thread. Go to another Muslim-bashing thread for that. This thread is for news updates.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ban to meet PM in Israel, Abbas in West Bank

Link

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I would just like to say thank you to those of you who are submitting updates to this thread and not your personal bias or attacks to one another.

There's plenty of other places you can take your opinion to.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness
reply to post by dontreally

No I am not surprised, however this does put the US in a very awkward position.

Turkey is an ally of the US, Israel is an ally of the US. So we now have an ally calling another ally a terrorist state.

This does not bode well.

Ridiculously, Turkey is a member of NATO...The U.S. has an obligation to defend any and all members of NATO...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Harry Fear is on at the moment. I'm listening in. I'm not sure how long he'll be on.

Operation Pillar of Cloud

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The head of Hamas said Israel must end its blockade of the Gaza Strip if a cease-fire is to be agreed, as Israeli ground forces honed preparations to enter the territory for the first time in almost four years. As United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon ...

www.bloomberg.com...

Hamas says the cease fire is in Israeli court. This does not sound like it is going anywhere at this point, as I doubt Israel will end the blockade.
edit on 19-11-2012 by xmaddness because: fixing link

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A gentle reminder, for all those who may think otherwise

Wars are not won and lost on ATS, they are discussed

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
RT feed is back up.

rt.com/s/swf/player.swf?streamer=rtmp://fml.3443.edgecastcdn.net/203443/&type=rtmp&file=en-stream.flv&abouttext=Russia
edit on 19-11-2012 by xmaddness because: link fix

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Israel gave the 36 hour escalation warning at approx 11am UK time this morning-Monday 19th November 2012.
rt.com...
We are now at approx 28 hours until land invasion IMO.

No peace deals as yet.
Nor can I see any happening sadly.

Harry reports more attacks:
www.ustream.tv...

I wish for peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
RT cam is on

rt.com...

seem to hear drones in the distant background

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Moroccan Foreign Minister, Saad Eddine Otmani is due to arrive in Gaza on Tuesday “to show support for and solidarity with the Palestinian people”, a statement released by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said on Monday.

This anticipated move by the Moroccan diplomacy comes six days after the Israeli armed forces escalated their attacks on Gaza.

read further on

Morrocan Foreign Minister due to arrive in Gaza on Tuesday

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Latest poll from Israel on the campaign

Source: www.jpost.com...

A poll taken by Panels for the Israeli Center for Political Training found that 85 percent of Israelis believe embarking on the operation was a correct decision. But when asked what should happen next, 45% said to continue air strikes, 22% said to seek a cease fire, and just 25% recommended a ground offensive.

No appetite for a ground offensive among the people OR the government it seems. The IDF want to go in, but I read a snippet somewhere that said even they only put their chances of a meaningful success at 50/50.

Decision time for Bibi. Major ground offensive aimed at ending this for good (not just a few years like last time) but with massive casualties on both sides.....or be happy with the successes of the air campaign and back off. At this point, I'm going with the latter.

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join