It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy

...did anyone notice that nobody talks about Syria atm? The number of deaths has climbed through 37,000 and everyone simply forgot about Syria.

It does seem like everything is going downhill at once, and it is quite hard to keep up with it all.

On a related note, I am not sure that this has been mentioned in this thread and it is somewhat relevant:

JERUSALEM—Israel shelled Syrian fighters after gunfire from their civil war spilled over to the Israel-controlled Golan Heights, the military said Sunday, as the conflict appeared to inch closer to the Jewish state.

Source - Mercury News

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Did someone already mention that Hamas and Fatah have, thanks to the Gaza crisis, cast aside their differences and are now on a path to cooperation. ?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Gaza ceasefire not imminent

It was "not likely to take effect in the coming days because Israel is trying to impose its own stipulations ignoring the demands of Hamas and other Palestinian factions," Shaath told the Palestinian news agency Ma'an after being briefed by the Hamas leader, Khaled Meshal, and his deputy, Mousa Abu Marzouq, who are in Cairo

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoMatterNeverMind

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy

...did anyone notice that nobody talks about Syria atm? The number of deaths has climbed through 37,000 and everyone simply forgot about Syria.

It does seem like everything is going downhill at once, and it is quite hard to keep up with it all.

On a related note, I am not sure that this has been mentioned in this thread and it is somewhat relevant:

JERUSALEM—Israel shelled Syrian fighters after gunfire from their civil war spilled over to the Israel-controlled Golan Heights, the military said Sunday, as the conflict appeared to inch closer to the Jewish state.

Source - Mercury News

Yes, this is not children games anymore.

I mean, I'm not trying to diminish the severity of the Syrian conflict and all the recent (last couple of years) events in the Middle East. But things do seem to have made a turn for the worst.

This conflict alone has the ability to change the reality of that area, and I hope that the rumors of the ground invasion and the use of chemical weapons are untrue.

But this is becoming a perfect storm. Skirmishes with Turkey along Syrian border, exchange of fire between Israel and Syria. Turkey, apparently, is making a formal request - today - for the Patriot Missiles from NATO, to be placed along the Syrian border.

...I hope some sense comes into these leaders and someone has the will to defuse it all. Otherwise, 2013 is going to be an interesting year.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I did a quick scan of the last several pages sorry if this has been posted already... But I think it puts things in perspective.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

The dead are at peace now, for if there is a god, god knows their innocence.

It is the wounded we must feel for. Kids with blown of limbs, lost vision, internal bleeding. Orphans, people who have seen the beautiful face of a loved one put through a blender. Bodies so horribly disfigured that love ones forget the beauty of there living face.

This is war. I think most the Hamas rockets don't even have explosive heads. Maybe this is just a show for USA to sell their missile interceptors...I mean, look, they are working. How many explosive rounds have gone off in Gaza?
1200? 1800? 2000? I think someones name is on most of those explosives. Destroying water, destroying electricity. Destroying life. I still think Hamas is run by Israel. It is there black ops to give them reason to squash the gaza civilians. Everyone needs a bogey man.

Let us pray that the good in people unite against the evil. I wish for a big battle in 2012 December. I wish for the battle of all good, life loving people to stand up against all the evil, death cult people. I hope Turkey in its compassion for Gaza, gains compassion for the Syrian people. I hope Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Iran, Egypt make a united peaceful middle east. I hope the terror cells in Syria and whatever they stand for, I hope they all die painful deaths. They are not warriors. They attack civilians. They are bums with no love, they are evil. Allah only knows hate in their heart. They will never see the beauty of Allah. They will never know the beauty of a kiss from a godess. I pray god / allah / creator rises is in all good people. I hope the evil perishes in the pain it has created, and learns its lesson, so that it can see the righteous path is one of peace, hard work and sexy women.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Seems lots of conflicting reports regarding the cease fire.

BBC has posted this:

A senior Egyptian official has told the BBC there are encouraging signs from discussions taking place in Cairo about a possible Gaza ceasefire. He said he hoped an announcement would be made either today or on Tuesday.

BBC - 1256 update.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
RAther huge explosions coming across the Reuters live stream . . . very close

Reuter's Live Feed

Camera still locked on the building.

8:29 a.m. EST - Looks like people . . . women and children . . . evacuating.

8:31 a.m. EST - Emergency workers now showing up
edit on 19-11-2012 by GoalPoster because: add updates

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Pictures of the dead children made my blood boil,let there be a cease-fire so these people can leave!,lobbing 500+ pound bombs into densely populations areas is insane!
It's time and the duty of other nations step up to the plate and end this madness.
edit on 19-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Some have asked about supplies getting into Gaza.

There is a website that is posting updates in regards to the border crossings.

www.gisha.org - Ongoing updates on the situation in Gaza: Activity at the crossings and tunnels, prices and shortages

A map of the border crossings (for reference) is here. (via wikipedia.org)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
check the reuters feed now! reuters.livestation.com...

Explosion couple of mins ago and now the building is on fire

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Does the occupied air feed lag for you too?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Striider

It was a huge blast. Heard it from my kitchen, rushed back and managed to catch a second blast on RT feed.

link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

One journalist is saying it is the Sharouk building and does (has been?) housing journalist.

His tweets: Jon Donnison

link   
Re-tweeted by the IDF Twitter from Anderson Cooper Twitter:

Outgoing rockets from #Gaza City moments ago

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Striider

Another stategic target . . . really . . . . really?????

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by GoalPoster

One journalist is saying it is the Sharouk building and does (has been?) housing journalist.

His tweets: Jon Donnison

Israel claimed yesterday that they only targeted the media building to hit the roof, and the antenna supposedly being used by Hamas. They made a big point about only having targeted the roof - to show it was a legitimate target.

Well, they just hit it again, above the ground floor. No antenna there. I wonder what the excuse will be this time?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Striider

Yes, according to Harry Fear this building is in a more 'posh' area of Gaza City. Apparently there are journalists in that building as well.

Also according to Harry's updates:
1. The Arab League deligation has arrived in Gaza
2. The German Foreign Minister has arrived in Israel for meetings today and will go to Gaza tomorrow
3. The head of one of the hospitals has been killed when his car was targeted

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the Anderson Cooper twitter link. I read it and think ' who the heck would go down there on purpose? '
So thanks to all journalists, regardless of bias , for putting yourself in the hot seat to bring us information.
It's a scary job and they must be some kind of adrenaline junkies, but without them we would know very little
when these ' wars' go on.

Also thanks to all for keeping opinions off this thread. It's so much more enjoyable with ' just the facts ma'am' !

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

edit/delete
edit on 19-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join