It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Has anything more been reported on the downed Apache or was that lies?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I can't find anything, but I am looking I will report back in a few.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It's from a news source in Kuwait, but they claim it's true.

Palestinians down Israel gunship

Palestinians claim downing Apache

Downed Apache
* WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES*
edit on 19-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
It's from a news source in Kuwait, but they claim it's true.

Palestinians down Israel gunship

Thanks, I'm looking to see if the IDF have denied it yet. Can't see if they have?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I can't say whether or not they will admit it. It could look bad for the Israeli's to have their " High-tech" war machines taking out by terrorists they claim they've crushed, but at the same time it could rally support for an invasion.

I'm curious as to whether or not the frigate story is true or not. I know Israel denied a jet being shot down earlier, but I still don't know which side to believe.

Either side is very likely to use propaganda, or at the very least report the news that supports their side so it's hard to see through the veil. Keep an open mind, and take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt.

I saw a turkish website reporting it as well, but it seemed very Pro Islam, so it could be propaganda.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

That's what someone yesterday postulated. That the fact they haven't immediately denied it makes it more likely to be true.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Good morning!! RT's feed is back up!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Gaza death toll rises.

Israeli airstrikes have pounded Gaza for a sixth day successive day, raising to 92 the number of Palestinians killed, as the UN Secretary General calls for an immediate ceasefire. Three people, including two children, were killed and 30 others were injured in the latest air strike before dawn on Monday on a family home in the Zeitoun neighbourhood in Gaza City, medical officials said.

This is an Israeli source... pretty bad guys.

Gaza health officials said that 84 Palestinians, at least 23 of them children and several women, had been killed since Israel's airstrikes began. Hundreds of others have been wounded and Palestinian hospitals are struggling to cope.

The Israeli army said it had fired missiles at over 1,300 locations in Gaza since Wednesday, and that 544 rockets were fired back against Israel. Three Israelis have been killed and a few dozen wounded. The army said that some 302 rockets were intercepted by Iron Dome and 99 failed to reach Israel and landed inside Gaza.

Ashraf al-Kidra, a spokesperson of the health ministry in Gaza, said on Sunday that civilians accounted for half of the Palestinian death toll. More than 750 other Palestinians have been wounded.

Hmmmmm... I will do my best to maintain an unbiased opinion. I will do my best.

In the single deadliest attack of the Israeli operation so far, 12 civilians were killed in Sunday's air attack on a four-storey house in northern Gaza City, health officials said. Two or three missiles fired by F-16 fighter jets reduced the house in the Sheikh Radwan neighbourhood to rubble, witnesses said. Five women, including one 80-year-old, and four small children were among the dead, Kidra said. The Israeli military said that they had mistakenly bombed the home due to a technical error while targeting a senior Hamas official, the Haaretz newspaper reported.

Man... # like this is just unacceptable.... Unacceptable. It's no wonder the Palestinians don't stop shooting at you when you kill innocent women and children... No Hamas there... technical error.

The report says that the military admitted killing mainly "unarmed civilians, including children and infants", and that the source of the error was either the failure to paint the target of the attack on the correct site or that one of the munitions in the strike misfired.

Okay, Misfire for one missile, but witness reports 2 or 3... That's a pretty lucky succession of misfires... I guess were going with Operator Error, with the painting of the target... So When is the Gunners trial???

I'm sorry, this # is really getting to me. I've been trying to remain unbiased, but I'm starting to lose sleep over this complete bull crap.

The Death toll is steadily rising, and it's been less than a week. The amount of injured civilians is disgusting. I know War is a brutal thing, and sometimes civilians get hurt, but it's been a matter of days!!! Over Half of the total dead were civilians, many of them women and children. WTF !!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Latest Gaza Catastrophe

There is the usual discussion over where to locate responsibility for the initial act in this renewed upsurge violence. Is it some shots fired from Gaza across the border and aimed at an armoured Israeli jeep or was it the targeted killing by an Israeli missile of Ahmed Jabari, leader of the military wing of Hamas, a few days later? Or some other act by one side or the other? Or is it the continuous violence against the people of Gaza arising from the blockade that has been imposed since mid-2007? The assassination of Jabari came a few days after an informal truce that had been negotiated through the good offices of Egypt, and quite ironically agreed to by none other than Jabari acting on behalf of Hamas. Killing him was clearly intended as a major provocation, disrupting a carefully negotiated effort to avoid another tit-for-tat sequence of violence of the sort that has periodically taken place during the last several years.

An assassination of such a high profile Palestinian political figure as Jabari is not a spontaneous act. It is based on elaborate surveillance over a long period, and is obviously planned well in advance partly with the hope of avoiding collateral damage, and thus limiting unfavourable publicity. Such an extra-judicial killing, although also part and parcel of the new American ethos of drone warfare, remains an unlawful tactic of conflict, denying adversary political leaders separated from combat any opportunity to defend themselves against accusations, and implies a rejection of any disposition to seek a peaceful resolution of a political conflict. It amounts to the imposition of capital punishment without due process, a denial of elementary rights to confront an accuser.

Putting aside the niceties of law, the Israeli leadership knew exactly what it was doing when it broke the truce and assassinated such a prominent Hamas leader, someone generally thought to be second only to the Gaza prime minister, Ismail Haniya. There have been rumours, and veiled threats, for months that the Netanyahu government plans a major assault of Gaza, and the timing of the ongoing attacks seems to coincide with the dynamics of Israeli internal politics, especially the traditional Israeli practice of shoring up the image of toughness of the existing leadership in Tel Aviv as a way of inducing Israeli citizens to feel fearful, yet protected, before casting their ballots.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The hatred is unfathomable . . .

Among the latest horrifying examples of incitement to mass murder by Israeli public figures, Gilad Sharon, the son of former prime minister and notorious war criminal Ariel Sharon, has called for the Israeli army to “flatten” Gaza as the US flattened the Japanese city of Hiroshima in 1945 with an atomic bomb.

Source

The sad thing is there are millions of people in that area of the world who just want to live their lives, yet now they have no choice but to live in fear of the next explosion.

I can't wrap my head around that . . . and just now another explosion on Reuters live feed. Heard but not seen.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I have to go pet kitties and puppies or something. I can only take so much of this now.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Just doing a bit of reading about the 'iron dome' defense system.

Each iron dome 'battery' costs approximately $50 million to install and has been subsidized by the United States.

Watching some of the news reports of this thing in action, seems each 'interception mission' takes four to six missile launches to assure the interception.

Each one of those missiles carries a pricetag of about $60,000.

This still means that as of Saturday night Israel had spent roughly $29m on interceptor missiles in three days

Source

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

this just confirms what I have been thinking all way long..

Israel are the same as Hamas..they try desperate to make us all believe that they are an advanced modern culture like our own..how?..by means of the media...they always show to the world the females in the army, their beautiful young people, their technology etc ..like this for example..

not a single thing that reminds you the middle east is shown in their video clips...

when the reality is different...

- They kill children like Hamas
- They Warmonger like Hamas
- They use human shields like Hamas
- They are fanatics on their religion like Hamas
- They are evil like Hamas
- They dont want peace like Hamas

Only their uniforms and arsenal differs from Hamas..all new and nice from their best pals USA

This is what they constantly try to make us forget..who they really are :

[snip]

edit on 19/11/12 by masqua because: Removed drawing from Nazi source

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Here's some thing a bit scary . . . they talk alot about Tel Aviv and the surrounding area now being vulnerable to rockets fired from Gaza . . .

But the danger to the zone around Tel Aviv is growing because the Palestinians have acquired Soviet-designed Grad rockets and reportedly some Iranian Fajrs as well.

Here's the really scary part (bold added by me). . .

Some of these new weapons have hit the southern outskirts of greater Tel Aviv in recent months and can also reach the heavily guarded Dimona nuclear reactor in the Negev Desert.

Source

Odd that we haven't heard much about that being a vulnerable target in any coverage . . . but if it were to get ugly, I'd not want to be downwind from there.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Israeli aircraft strike crowded civilian areas

I can't extext this one, but I suggest the read.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Israel carrying out 'terrorist acts' in Gaza

ISTANBUL - Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan accused Israel on Monday of carrying out "terrorist acts" in its bombardment of Gaza. "Those who associate Islam with terrorism close their eyes in the face of mass killing of Muslims, turn their heads from the massacre of children in Gaza," Erdogan told a conference of the Eurasian Islamic Council in Istanbul. "For this reason, I say that Israel is a terrorist state, and its acts are terrorist acts."

The last few articles I've read have given me hope that the world is waking up...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Turkey - Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan has condemned Israel’s military offensive in Gaza as an “act of terrorism.” (Reuters)

This is getting more serious and more complicated as time passes.

I wonder what kind of stand - and side - will Turkey choose in this situation. They clearly side with the West in many issues (like in Syria), but it seems that they do not approve nor support what Israel is doing.

Maybe this situation will change stands on peripheral issues in the area.

...did anyone notice that nobody talks about Syria atm? The number of deaths has climbed through 37,000 and everyone simply forgot about Syria.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I don't know if this is for real(its an unnamed source),but the article claims Israeli spec ops are already on the ground in Gaza,and that Hamas are preparing chemical weapons:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to Britain’s Sunday Times, Israeli special forces are already on the ground in Gaza seeking out rockets and weapons for targeting.
The Times is also reporting that Hamas may place chemical weapons on its long-range missiles.
“Hamas might go for a desperate attempt to launch rockets with chemical warheads if the worst came to the worst,” one unnamed source reported.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

that is what illusionists do.
they distract you with the left hand so you dont see what the right is doing.

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join