It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Has the president even spoken yet?? My son couldn't sleep so I watched Diary Of A Wimpy Kid with him and come back here and both RT and Reuters are still on that!!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

Truce Talks Scene of IDF strike in Gaza Photo: Reuters Scene of IDF strike in Gaza Photo: Reuters Get Breaking News Alerts to Your Desktop Red email - send us news tips Palestinians: Israel demands 15-year lull, Morsi guarantee According to reports in Cairo, Israel put forward six key demands for ceasefire, threatened ground offensive in Gaza if no response within 48 to 72 hours
dunno how likely this is to get approved but i found the link figured people might be able to make more sense of it then me

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'm actually amazed that they even have internet connections in Gaza yet after all that bombing the last several days... you'd think the communication systems would be in shambles by now as that would likely be targeted by the IDF.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What i don't get by Harry Fear is that why is he so desperately try to keep his video alive when he knows that his bandwidth is rather limited. I'm pretty sure that a voice only broadcast would work better.
edit on 19/11/2012 by Maestro28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Maestro28

IA I think he would do better tweeting what is happening or just saying what is happening! I can't understand a word he is saying anyway, because of the poor quality of the feed, I tweeted to him asking him to just tweet us what he needs to say! LOL

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

An agreement, huh? From the link:

...expressed doubt that an agreement would be reached anytime soon due to Israel's demands and its refusal to accept demands...

Thats a quote...
In Israel's demands it says partially:

An immediate cessation of arms smuggling and the transfer of weapons to Gaza.

Put down your guns.

...Cessation of rocket fire...

Stop shooting back.

Israel has the right to hunt down terrorists...

Israel can fire into Gaza anytime to "hunt terrorists".

So Israel's "demands" are stop shooting back, put down your guns and we will only shoot when we "have to". Or something like that.

Some agreement. In other words, no agreement. This is a stalling tactic. Empty promises and demands that can't be met. Stalling for what?

The article ends:

The IDF has completed its preparations for a possible invasion of Gaza.

The pictures I have seen of the staged armor columns show that those units are indeed fitted and ready to go. They are not "putting on a show" by massing outside Gaza. When the time is ripe they will move. By ripe, I mean when the bombardment of Gaza has done all it can do alone.

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Reuters is back for anyone wondering.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Reuters is back up.

reuters.livestation.com...

Edit: So is RT.

rt.com...

And both at the same time... imagine that.

edit on 19-11-2012 by intrptr because: link

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Harry Fear seems to have found a more stable internet connection www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Harry is now reading the names of the dead.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAlive
Harry Fear seems to have found a more stable internet connection www.ustream.tv...

Convenient eh? He always seems to have internet when he says he shouldn't have it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Israel just intercepted a Gaza rocket on both RT and Reuters

reuters.livestation.com...

RT

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I'm still not 100% certain, but from what I've seen Harry seems to be an objective person who is just reporting on what is happening. If anything I think he is just making a statement about the horrors of war, in order to promote peace? And, if so he's putting himself at great risk in harms way and I think we should support him for this.

Of course, I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I'm still not 100% certain, but from what I've seen Harry seems to be an objective person who is just reporting on what is happening. If anything I think he is just making a statement about the horrors of war, in order to promote peace? And, if so he's putting himself at great risk in harms way and I think we should support him for this.

I agree 100% but there is a difference in reporting facts as you know them at the time, and fear mongering and spreading false information without researching it beforehand. All I know is if I am going to "report" something or make claims like Israeli soldiers were captured, I will definitely do my best to back up my claims with links or videos etc. He doesn't do any such thing, and I often have a hard time taking his word for the situation(s).

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

I agree 100% but there is a difference in reporting facts as you know them at the time, and fear mongering and spreading false information without researching it beforehand. All I know is if I am going to "report" something or make claims like Israeli soldiers were captured, I will definitely do my best to back up my claims with links or videos etc. He doesn't do any such thing, and I often have a hard time taking his word for the situation(s).

he also reported yesterday that the Palestinians shot down at least one appache and for as far as I know, it hasn't been proven yet.

However, I do think he works independently but he gathers his news from the internet, mostly twitter I think or something like trendmap. You and I can find the same things, however we know what can be found on twitter is not always the truth. Yesterday when he claimed at least one appache was shot down, I saw the same on twitter, but the account was from an Palestinian organization,

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Israelis like to "Think Ford tough" reuters.livestation.com... (truck in background)

And airstrikes again...
edit on 19-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I fully agree that under normal circumstances it would be irresponsible to report on unsubstantiated things, but perhaps he is just trying to get whatever information he gets access to out to the world before the internet goes down for good where he is...

If in fact he is just doing objective reporting and isn't trying to spread propaganda, which I still think is the case IMHO, then I would say he is a hero for doing this and deserves great respect. And, we should give him a break since he probably hasn't slept or eaten much for days, and is in a very stressful situation where his life is at risk.

It would be good to know one way or the other whether he is truly an objective reporter...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I fully agree that under normal circumstances it would be irresponsible to report on unsubstantiated things, but perhaps he is just trying to get whatever information he gets access to out to the world before the internet goes down for good where he is...

If in fact he is just doing objective reporting and isn't trying to spread propaganda, which I still think is the case IMHO, then I would say he is a hero for doing this and deserves great respect. And, we should give him a break since he probably hasn't slept or eaten much for days, and is in a very stressful situation where his life is at risk.

It would be good to know one way or the other whether he is truly an objective reporter...

well said, totally agree with you!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I know this might be a little off topic, but I just wanted to say that this thread has been for the most part impressively *on* topic per the OP's intent.

I've found useful information on this thread many, many times now, and really appreciate that people are using this thread to simply just discuss updates and to share ways to get more information about the situation.

This is ATS at its best and this type of thread shows what a valuable resource this site can be.
edit on 19-11-2012 by PhysicsAlive because: Corrected some gramatical errors.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Linkud opposes invasion

"Gaza is ours, and it is part of Israel, but if we are not going to stay there, we should take a safer route by stopping the flow of electricity and money to the Strip before sending in ground forces," Feiglin said. "Bringing in ground forces clearly would have a price. There are other paths that have not been exhausted that would not require loss of life on either side."

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join