It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Yah, on the overwhelming swarms of rockets coming in at once from Gaza. Besides using up the rockets in any defensive battery quickly, the debris field created in the sky of burning bits of rocket and metal can confuse the search and track radar. The system launches on a cloud of incoming rockets and after a few impacts the sky is full of burning, falling debris. The search radar is blinded for a bit so the unguided Palestinian rockets just fall to the ground with the other junk.

According to this bit, the homemade Qamas rockets from Gaza are 800 USD each, whereas one battery of (25) Iron Dome is (???) 50,000 for each shot, I think.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

SAME EXACT tactic being used yesterday on cnn with the Israeli ambassador.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Hijinx

SAME EXACT tactic being used yesterday on cnn with the Israeli ambassador.

If it were not for the internet, we wouldn't even be seeing other sides of this conflict. What I am seeing on RT and Reuters, and when I sometimes watch some Israeli networks online, isn't even mentioned in US media. I am not surprised, but disappointed.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
CNN Just said, it is impossible to lay blame on who exactly started this conflict!!??????

(So, perhaps Hamas didn't start the current fighting? )

Egypt, places the blame on Israel for starting the aggression.

This was just on CNN. Sorry I'm not fast enough to get the names, type and keep up with what's being said.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

link   
Harry Fear Tweets?

twitter.com...

link   
Well looks like the Reuters feed has gone down. What a shame. RT is still up though.

EDIT: Never mind...it's back.
edit on 15-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: oops

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Well looks like the Reuters feed has gone down. What a shame. RT is still up though.

Yes, moments after a big explosion to the left of the view.

ETA: Oops x2 lol
edit on 15-11-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy

Yes, moments after a big explosion to the left of the view.

Wow! Now about 6 large explosions on RT!

EDIT: this is the second time I have heard a phone ring on the RT feed...and no one has answered it
I couldn't sleep through this...I just hope whoever is supposed to be watching over that feed is alright.
edit on 15-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: add

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

I have a question... I have not seen one rocket fired from our live feeds, yet we see/hear explosions in the area. What's the justification for shelling/bombing these areas with civilian homes????

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

I have a question... I have not seen one rocket fired from our live feeds, yet we see/hear explosions in the area. What's the justification for shelling/bombing these areas with civilian homes????

Israel claims that Hamas hides their launchers inside schools, residential homes and places in residential areas like parks and etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Did anyone just hear music?

I have RT live and Harry Fear up.

Where is it coming from?

Anyone else hear it?

Now hearing a phone ringing???

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Heads up:

I just saw a rocket being fired from the reuters feed.

Keep attention to the middle-left area of the feed. We might get another big explosion in retaliation, id they have picked up the source of the rocket.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
Did anyone just hear music?

I have RT live and Harry Fear up.

Where is it coming from?

Anyone else hear it?

Now hearing a phone ringing???

I presume it is someone calling whoever is supposed to be operating the RT feed...or someone near that feed...and whoever it is they have not answered any of their phones yet. I hope they are ok. The cameras has almost been hit a few times tonight.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

So they attack sites that could have launchers???? This doesn't make sense, unless you can absolutely identify them, how can they justify attacking them?

I may not be able to say for certain there isn't a launcher there, but how are they identifying them?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Hijinx

Heads up:

Keep attention to the middle-left area of the feed. We might get another big explosion in retaliation, id they have picked up the source of the rocket.

I have seen that area or areas around it, hit by retaliation a few times in the past few hours. If you look closely (when Israel does hit the area) you'll see smoke.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

So they attack sites that could have launchers???? This doesn't make sense, unless you can absolutely identify them, how can they justify attacking them?

I may not be able to say for certain there isn't a launcher there, but how are they identifying them?

Well presumably the drones can see where the rockets are launched...or have a general idea...so Israel then retaliates based on that data with what sounds like airstrikes.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

link   

I know how to identify a strike, but how are they designating their targets? If a site hasn't launched a missile it's nearly invisible hidden in a civilian structure.

link   

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Hijinx

Heads up:

I have seen that area or areas around it, hit by retaliation a few times in the past few hours. If you look closely (when Israel does hit the area) you'll see smoke.

Yes, several times.

I think you can hear a drone circling around in the reuters feed. A retaliation might be coming soon. And this is gonna be close.

It was launched close to the flickering light on the left. Going (the rocket) to the left.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join