It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CatrionaBeldame

The president is visiting Myanmar

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
This one seems to be on Gaza OccupiedAir

Looks like big explosion just happened
edit on 18-11-2012 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

Apparently the feed was pre-recorded approx. 20 min. ago. All live feeds are down.
(I've been reading the chat side bar, which is 98% trolling 2% good information)..
edit on 11/18/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

yeah I noticed that after the post

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
US, UN and Egypt call for Gaza peace

THE US, UN and Egypt are leading calls for a Gaza ceasefire, but there is no sign the violence is losing momentum.

President Barack Obama said he was in touch with players across the region in hopes of halting the fighting. He warned of the risks of Israel expanding its five-day air assault into a ground war.

"We're going to have to see what kind of progress we can make in the next 24, 36, 48 hours," Obama said during a visit in Thailand.
www.perthnow.com.au...

here`s hoping!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Thank you. I was wondering.

I hope that peace will happen. I wish they would bring the live feed back.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
If i'm not mistaken the larger tracked vehicle(m548) is for ammo, and the others have mortars in them (M106 variant)
www.youtube.com...
www.inetres.com...
www.military-today.com...

edit on 18-11-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Nice catch! Look, even the same white lawn chair. IDF standard issue chair?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Occupied air is not live right now this is a recording

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

I think there is a DDoS attack right now on the streaming sites + Al Jazeera. None of them will load all of a sudden, but sites like CNN and Haaretz load just fine..

There seems to be a complete live news black out from Gaza. Twitter seems to be silent..
edit on 11/19/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soulece
Occupied air is not live right now this is a recording

Kind of reminds me of the spy movies where the infiltrator will point the security camera at a monitor showing the image of an empty hallway...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This could be a cover up you never know

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Live Feed from a handheld camera in Gaza.

Got the link from twitter....Missile just hit not too far from the feed.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
SO Al Jazeera and Reuters cams are both online again.. And they are now both the same feed...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder71
Live Feed from a handheld camera in Gaza.

Got the link from twitter....Missile just hit not too far from the feed.

That is also a pre-recorded feed. It cut off @ 21:40. The commenters on the feed are unanimous in thinking that a ground assault has probably begun, preceded with a media blackout. I hope this is not the case, but evidence is pointing in that direction.
edit on 11/19/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The Routers feed was briefly up - and cut out right when they were zooming in on the five tanks/armored vehicles they have been showing that are on the border. There were two soldiers who were doing stuff with what looked like large boxes and "thingies" piled behind the vehicles at the moment they cut out. Coincidence the video was cut at that moment???

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
That Reuters feed was an amazing view of the whole situation. From where that camera was situated you could see Gaza clearly and they could easily pan 360 degrees and I think they would be at perfect position to see a ground assault as it takes place... hence they will likely be shut down very soon (if they haven't been shut down already).

Just from a safety point of view as well though... you'd think that would be a very dangerous position for reporters and cameramen to be sitting if/when the ground assault begins. You'd have firepower rolling through that area from the IDF side and very likely rockets coming at them from Gaza as well.

A great viewpoint when all is calm... not so great when all hell breaks loose.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I might be wrong, but would be willing to guess/bet that the "thingies" the soldiers were working with might have been mortars that needed assembling, or some similar type of weapon. However, I am not 100% sure since... the video cut out right when they were starting to zoom in...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAlive
The Routers feed was briefly up - and cut out right when they were zooming in on the five tanks/armored vehicles they have been showing that are on the border. There were two soldiers who were doing stuff with what looked like large boxes and "thingies" piled behind the vehicles at the moment they cut out. Coincidence the video was cut at that moment???

It appears that you were looking at an artillery (mortar) position. They were probably about to open fire..

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Okay thanks.

I wasn't sure if it was live or not...that close drone had to make the video guy nervous

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Looks like Harry Fear is back online - not 100% sure if it is live but based on drops in framerate I think it is...

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
IDF: Israel gives Hamas 36-hours ultimatum before starting major offensive

Israel has warned Hamas it will step up its offensive in the Gaza Strip in 36 hours if they do not cease rocket fire. Israel's Finance Minister told IDF radio the time left before Israel escalates its attacks can be measured in “hours, not days.”

"We are at a junction," said Minister Yuval Steinitz. "Either we go toward a calm or toward a meaningful widening of the operation… including a possible move to achieve complete military decision."

Israel has demanded that Hamas cease firing rockets into Israel for a period of “several years” and that they stop the smuggling of weapons into Gaza.

rt.com...

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join