It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Question guys:

Are the drones conducting surveillance looking for movement/targets then giving coordinates for the Naval forces
or are they armed?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
reply to post by NoMatterNeverMind

Dang!!!

Are they aiming at anything or just firing?

From that specific video I cannot say, only that it backs up (to some extent) that militant forces within Gaza are firing rockets from near or within civilian areas.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
Question guys:

Are the drones conducting surveillance looking for movement/targets then giving coordinates for the Naval forces
or are they armed?

Answer: Both. Most if not all of them have radar and on board cameras and computers to do all of that and probably more.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoMatterNeverMind

Originally posted by riverwild
reply to post by NoMatterNeverMind

Dang!!!

Are they aiming at anything or just firing?

From that specific video I cannot say, only that it backs up (to some extent) that militant forces within Gaza are firing rockets from near or within civilian areas.

And at times pretty close to the cameras...at least yesterday anyways.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

The Elbit Hermes class UAVs are designed for artillery spotting among other missions. The Heron class is designed for Signals Intelligence, and reconnaissance. Then there are a number of other UAVs that are mostly for reconnaissance missions, all the way down to backpack mini-UAVs that can be launched by either catapult, or hand launched.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

the only problem with big threads is you have to repeat yourself often lol

would they be able to launch the small 1;s from the ship's?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Palestinian officials familiar with Cairo's attempts to broker a truce between Israel and Hamas said senior Fatah official Nabil Sha'ath met with Hamas politburo chief Khaled Mashaal. Sha'ath said Mashaal informed him that the ceasefire talks have entered a serious phase but expressed doubt that an agreement would be reached soon due to Israel's demands. Sha'ath said Israel withdrew its demand for a full cessation of rocket fire. (Elior Levy)

Source www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been up yet. Israel hit RT yesterday?

en.rian.ru...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jerseychannelislands

Oh quite easily. The Skylite, which is the one that was downed, is carried in a backpack, and is catapult launched. The catapult is carried around as part of the assembly with the soldiers in the unit.

A ship could even launch one of the larger ones. Not the Hermes or Heron, but I can see quite a few that are probably capable of launch off a ship. The Skylark Class probably, the I-View, possibly the Scout, Searcher, and Searcher II as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Video: Today, #Gaza terrorists targeted Ashdod again. This happened 2 days ago

Source: IDF Twitter

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Not sure if this has been up yet. Israel hit RT yesterday?

en.rian.ru...

I wrote a report as the events unfolded.

And well the Israeli propaganda machine was too:

No journalists were wounded in the reported aerial attack on a media center in Gaza, an IDF spokeswoman told Arutz Sheva Sunday morning. AFP and other foreign media continued to repeat Hamas claims and reported a claim by health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra who was quoted as saying, "At least six journalists were wounded, with minor and moderate injuries, when Israeli warplanes hit the al-Quds TV office in…Gaza City.”

RT, Sky News and The Guardian, among others have/had offices there. They were all affected in some form or another and have publicly stated so.
edit on 18-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: add

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

throwing puches while saying " i dont want to fight" is a little rediculous imo
neither side is innocent...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Positive news I hope:

11:24 P.M. Ramzi Hamad, one of the heads of Hamas in the Gaza Strip, says that Hamas and Israel have agreed on 90% of the terms of a cease-fire agreement, according to Al Jazeera. One of the heads of Fatah, Nabil Shaath, who is currently in Cairo, said talks on a cease-fire have entered an advanced stage.

Not sure if the operation is working, or Hamas is saving what rockets they have left:

11:27 P.M. Just 75 rockets were fired from Gaza into Israel on Sunday, compared to an average of 230 rockets per day over the weekend – a two-thirds drop in rocket fire. The IDF states that since the beginning of the escalation of the conflict, over 980 rockets have been launched from the Gaza Strip toward Israel and that approximately 100 rockets have landed in Gaza. According to the IDF, a rocket siren sounds, on average, every seven minutes somewhere in Israel.

Morocco is getting involved:

12:03 A.M. Al-Arabiya reports that Morocco has announced that it will set up a field hospital in the Gaza Strip. (Haaretz)

Source: www.haaretz.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I hope this isn't considered inflammatory, if so I will delete, but I thought this was an interesting analysis and I know there has been discussion about why the US is involved.

Israel will strike Gaza so long as Khamenei nixes talks with Obama

The entire article goes into some interesting conclusions, but this is what really caught my attention.

The US president has evidently concluded that confronting Khamenei’s intransigence with the calibrated application of military measures which gradually strip Iran of its strategic assets is the shortest and most effective way to make him give serious thought to sitting down with the United States for nuclear negotiations.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
For the person asking earlier about the "roof knocking" - It is also a kind of a psychological warfare.
Israel wants to clear out Gaza and level it to the ground, in the long term. Some of their officials have officialy stated this. By calling to civilian houses anouncing bombing, they are reducing casualties because people will run away, but also they are making themselves look as humane while mombing civilian homes.
Its quite brilliant and morbid at the same time. Even members of this forum are buying it and calling it humanitarianism.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Sounds like you are on top of it. So... the Israeli media was caught lying again?

Go figure...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
That was a big one..

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Indeed it was. Wonder if they hit a weapons cache...

ETA: For those that didn't hear it, there was a large audible explosion on RT's live stream about 5 minutes ago, but it wasn't visible on camera. Sounded like they hit a munitions cache of some sort.

Link to live stream: RT - Live Stream
edit on 18-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
as many bombs that have blown up the last few days, how does anyone have power on? are they on generators? Here in San Diego, one power line can knock out the whole city....

edit on 18-11-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by Hellas

Indeed it was. Wonder if they hit a weapons cache...

ETA: For those that didn't hear it, there was a large audible explosion on RT's live stream about 5 minutes ago, but it wasn't visible on camera. Sounded like they hit a munitions cache of some sort.

Link to live stream: RT - Live Stream
edit on 18-11-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

Do you know if the RT sound feed is the same one from OccupiedAir www.ustream.tv...

new topics

top topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join