It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So talks are over and out of the question now,
should we expect to see increased activity and
bombing?

600 children injured... that is just wrong. they have
no part in this. I know war is cruel but man that
seems like a high number for this early into it.

i dont see any way the rest of the world can not get involved.
cant see them sitting by and allowing more children to be hurt
and killed just because they are in the wrong place at the
wrong time.

darn it, not feeling good again, gota go lay down
for a bit... will check in when i get back up.
edit on 18-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Rumor has been all week that the IDF would begin ground operations sometime between today and Tuesday.

That's exactly what will happen. The US will and does back Israel regardless of who they target. I mean the IDF intentionally targeted journalists. What does the US have to say about that? Nothing at all. So don't expect any of the major world powers to do anything against Israel.
edit on 18-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

True, i dont know why the U.S. backs them,
with actions like this, there should be
consequences, not backing...

i'll never understand the govt...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Update :

- 71 Palestinians killed including 25 children since beginning, 230 children injured among 600 injured via @harryfear

- About 500 Egyptian activists have crossed into Gaza 2 deliver medical supplies & show support for Gazans @PaulaSlier_RT

- Americans protest against Israeli violence on Gaza

On Friday, CBS covered a protest held in New York near the Israeli Consulate, in which protesters shouted and waved signs calling for an end to the deadly violence by Israeli forces.

NBC also reported hundreds of protesters marching and chanting "Free, Free Palestine," in Chicago on Thursday, which ended outside President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign headquarters. The activists also protested at the Obama Administration's continued support of Israel.

www.presstv.ir...

edit on 18-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
In fact, here is the video of the Israeli airstrike on that media center. It was intentionally targeted. There were journalists from Sky News, The Guardian and other news agencies in there. It is highly unlikely that the Israeli military had no idea who was in that building. You don't cram a high-rise full of international journalists and not know about it. This is a war crime and unfortunately it will go unpunished.

edit on 18-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And tbh if I was living in those flats and some terrorist group moved a miss launcher into the basement, I'd go stay at my mums

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinka
Hamas choose to house missile installations under blocks of flats where they can come out fire and go back in basement garage.

They are for condemning their own people to death

Wtf do they think is going to happen ? Oh we'll let them off and continue to fire missiles our country as we don't want to hurt any innocents ?

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette

So you are telling me that a high rise, filled with dozens of journalists from around the globe, had rocket launchers either on it or underground? Somehow I incredibly doubt that these journalists are stupid. They have permanent offices in this building. They didn't just walk into Gaza and say "hey lets pick this building."

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

These journalists are part of the problem

link   
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the information. Does anybody know which updated links I can use to listen to the sound from Gaza or Israel? I have a couple videos but they don't have any sound or the sound is in and out. Thanks!

link   
"Hamas's propaganda is, if anything, even more aggressive and ham-handed, hence Goldberg's comment. The @alqassambrigade Twitter account is generally accepted as an English language outlet for Hamas's military wing (though there is some room for doubt) and has not only issued its share of chest-thumping and threats, but frequently inaccurate information. On Friday, the account falsely claimed that an Israeli jet had been shot down over Gaza.

More usually are simply absurd claims like this one from yesterday, saying the war is "going well in achieving historic goals, Liberation of occupied Palestine started ... we are coming IDF." Hamas does not have the ability to take any of the fight to the IDF, let alone defeat Israel." FROM: the christian science monitor

link: www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
In fact, here is the video of the Israeli airstrike on that media center. It was intentionally targeted. There were journalists from Sky News, The Guardian and other news agencies in there. It is highly unlikely that the Israeli military had no idea who was in that building. You don't cram a high-rise full of international journalists and not know about it. This is a war crime and unfortunately it will go unpunished.

It's amazing that only six people were hurt. It's almost like the Israelis warned the media that it was going to happen several hours ahead of time. Oh, they did.

JAK

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Another gentle reminder, please take note:

I understand that this is an emotive topic and some of the events reported here are going to inspire discussion but please bear in mind that this is a thread to offer updates to the situation as things unfold, there are numerous existing threads where more in-depth discussion of any particular aspect can be enjoyed. Overall the member contribution here has been outstanding so let's not start down another road now. Please heed the wording in the image below:

and let's continue this thread with the focus exemplified by all of you so far, and for which so many others here have expressed gratitude, which is offering updates to the situation .

Israel - Palestine Update Thread.

Thank you all again.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
much earlier on this thread someone posted a twitter, I think, stating that eight bus loads of Egyptians
were enroute to Gaza.
Has this been confirmed? or anymore heard about this?
I have been trying to keep up in between errands and household chores.
~Linda

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
much earlier on this thread someone posted a twitter, I think, stating that eight bus loads of Egyptians
were enroute to Gaza.
~Linda

I heard a few hundred made it across. I forget where I saw that piece.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

were enroute to Gaza.
~Linda

These could be the same souls that are being held from entering for their own safety.

Anyone know where they are?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

were enroute to Gaza.
~Linda

And on Egypt's border with Gaza, about 500 Egyptian protesters crossed into the territory on Sunday in what their leader said was a show of solidarity with the Palestinians. They raised Palestinians flags and chanted, "We are the youth of January 25 revolution, Palestine will be free! Open the crossing, Israel is the enemy!"

"We have broken the siege," said Rami Shaath, the group's main organizer. "The Arab Spring has changed the region. We are happy to go in to support our Palestinian brothers, but it's sad to hear the explosions of the Israeli bombing of Gaza all the way on the Egyptian side. We brought in small amounts medical supplies, food, and water, but our main message is political support to the Gazans."

CNN Article - 11/18/12 @ 2:56PM

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
From Reuters: ADVISORY: *LIVE* 2015GMT GAZA-SKYLINE (ACCESS ALL) - Published 14 minutes ago

Reuters...Why you lie? They are late getting their feed up: reuters.livestation.com...

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join