It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Harry Fear's latest Tweet

Just now I tried to leave my apartment for Press TV's studio for a live interview. As soon as I was outside something exploded in my str ...

I have been locked down. I cannot leave my building in Gaza City. I am without electricity and Internet.

edit on 15-11-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

yeah, I remember that and the rooster every morning at daybreak. Plus the call to morning prayers. Guess we're about to go back to it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Not that it's intentional, but it could be an Israeli attempt to silence coverage... (takes off tinfoil hat.)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199

yeah, I remember that and the rooster every morning at daybreak. Plus the call to morning prayers. Guess we're about to go back to it.

Nice to see an old face again. Though these are not necessarily the times we should be remembering. Such a shame that circumstances like these are what bring the best out in some people...if you understand what I mean.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199

This is where it all started: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I was looking at that thread earlier yesterday for a good link. Now I need more coffee again, going to be a long night.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Lots of explosions now.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
2 more hits close to the Reuters live stream. But a third sound of rocket stopped with a distant "wosh", might have been intercepted.

In my ignorance I believed that the Iron Dome was going to be more effective. A lot of rockets seem to be able to pass through it. Magbe some areas don't have full cover?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
2 more hits close to the Reuters live stream. But a third sound of rocket stopped with a distant "wosh", might have been intercepted.

In my ignorance I believed that the Iron Dome was going to be more effective. A lot of rockets seem to be able to pass through it. Magbe some areas don't have full cover?

I may have misunderstood your post.. But the Iron dome is protecting the other side. The Reuters cam is looking at the Gaza Strip

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

I may have misunderstood your post.. But the Iron dome is protecting the other side. The Reuters cam is looking at the Gaza Strip

Indeed and the RT cam is somewhere inside Gaza.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

...Iron Dome hasn't been fully implemented yet from what I understand.
The system was rolled out early due to the number of rocket attacks to the South, but only certain installations are up and running at this point.

I remember reading this somewhere recently, but can't remember what article or site it was on. I'll follow up.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I'm watching multiple feeds. I can't make elaborated posts since I hate typing using the system I'm on.

Sorry for the mix up.lol

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I'm watching multiple feeds. I can't make elaborated posts since I hate typing using the system I'm on.

Sorry for the mix up.lol

Share your feeds?
I have 2 on at the moment.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

...Iron Dome hasn't been fully implemented yet from what I understand.
The system was rolled out early due to the number of rocket attacks to the South, but only certain installations are up and running at this point.

I remember reading this somewhere recently, but can't remember what article or site it was on. I'll follow up.

Still, rockets have fallen in TelAviv. That is a clear evidence the system has flaws, in lack of better wording.

Earlier in CNN they were complaining that the sheer number of rockets was able to overcome Iron Dome in some locations.

It's still too early to tell, though. Might be a lot of bad information about it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
3 new tweets from Harry Fear:

5 min ago: 2 more explosions in Gaza City heard in the last minute. F16s overhead. I feel evil is invading Gaza.

14 m: Big explosions, whose blasts are affecting our building right now. Explosion super close to me; shuddering here. Car alarms. I am sure a ..

20 m: God help us and protect us from the Israeli insanity. Nowhere is safe in Gaza tonight. My stream is off as we have no electricity or int ...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Sorry for the mix up.lol

Share your feeds?

Just found this one!!

I opened it with vlc player

switch3.castup.net...:30:00%20-%202k%20-

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'm also just using reuters and rt now. The Tel-Aviv feed went offline.

My confusion was that I thought the reuters cam wasn't facing Gaza. Lol

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Three hours ago. If its real, Iron Dome is busy when faced with a swarm of incoming rockets...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Sorry for the mix up.lol

Share your feeds?

Just found this one!!

I opened it with vlc player

switch3.castup.net...:30:00%20-%202k%20-

Not very steady for me...but bookmarked it! Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The Iron shield is quite effective against these types of missiles. It's weakness comes when it's time to reload the launchers, at which point it comes down to the training of the crew manning the sites, and the amount of incoming missiles. A saturation attack will obviously have some rockets getting through. No system is a complete defense, just think of how much worse it would be with out the Iron shield. All those rockets that got shot down would have made hits, but they did not. The effectiveness comes from as I said, amount of incoming rockets, speed of the crew maintaining the capacity in the launchers and the types of weapon coming in.

A huge part of the success of this system comes as well, by the skill and speed of the opposing side launching the rockets. If they saturate enough rockets, in a steady stream in the same area rockets will get through.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join