It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
544 rockets fired from Gaza hit Israel + 302 Iron Dome interceptions = 846 rockets fired at Israel

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

They have one that lands on the tail, but I don't believe they have any rotorwing UAVs. I think the only rotorwing in operation is the MQ-8 Firescout in use by the US Navy. Boeing has recently started testing an optionally manned MH-6 Little Bird, but the Firescout is in limited use by the US.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I won't be surprised in the least if they did get one, I just would like independent confirmation, not just the Palestinians saying they did it.
edit on 11/18/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
current update for sunday as of 5:40 GMT

summary:

•Sunday becomes the deadliest day since Israel launched an operation against Hamas militants.
•At least 21 people are reported to have been killed in Gaza by Israeli bombardments so far on Sunday. Of the total, at least nine were children and at least four were women, Gaza health officials said.
•An Israeli strike on a home in Gaza has killed at least 10 people, officials say, including four women and four children. The strike reportedly targeted a Hamas official.
•PM Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel is ready to expand its operation.
•US President Barack Obama said Washington was "fully supportive of Israel's right to defend itself".
•Gaza militants continue to fire rockets at Israel, injuries are reported in towns including Ashkelon and Ofakim.
•Attempts to reach a ceasefire continued. Egyptian security officials said a senior Israeli official had arrived in Cairo for talks, Israel has made no comment.
•Since Israel launched its Operation Pillar of Defence on Wednesday 67 people have been killed, officials said.

edit on 18-11-2012 by RUFFREADY because: summary added

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
I have a question for those with more knowledge than I on these matters. Harry just said he had a source tell him that 2 B52 bombers just left Israel headed towards Gaza. I was unaware that Israel had these aircraft. Can anyone confirm for me? I've done a quick google search on this and have turned up nothing of any note.

Thanks in advance.

I seriously doubt Israel has procured strategic bombers. I believe all of their bombers are of the tactical, fighter/bomber type.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I have a feeling its going to get much worse. I feel so bad for all the civilians.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Is the apache hit confirmed?
That would escalate matters on its own if true.

I hate what i am reading-this is getting worse.

Stop the killing.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Israel Sends Goods into Gaza; Receives Patients

The Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) announced, Sunday, that 80 truckloads of medical equipment and food were transferred into Gaza at the Kerem Shalom and Erez commercial crossings, in spite of the security threat facing the staff. A COGAT statement said, "The goods transferred via Kerem Shalom included 16 truckloads of medical equipment, specifically vital equipment, such as medicines, anesthetics and disposable medical equipment and 64 truckloads of food. At Erez terminal, 35 diplomatic representatives and international organization employees exited Gaza."

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hamas Official : Cairo Ceasefire negotiations have failed

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Any news on the Apache yet?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai: "The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages''

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

You want to post a link for once?

I googled "eli Yishai" in google news, couldn't find this quote.

It would be appreciated if people would leave links for these sorts of statements, as one could easily make them up.
edit on 18-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

not exactly diplomatic in looking for a quick
and peaceful resolution if you ask me...

sounds like no mater what happens they are
going to continue.

did i hear that right? Targeting the refuge camp's ...
i would hope that is a false report...

that is just sad if true.
edit on 18-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Israel's Interior Minister went a step ahead when he said "the goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages".

"Only then will Israel be calm for 40 years," Interior Minister Eli Yishai was quoted as saying by Haaretz newspaper.

www.business-standard.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
In the last 5 mins Israeli fighter jets have targeted gaza refugee camps

On a personal note these poor innocent civilians are trying to get away from this terrible war and they go blow them up.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

You want to post a link for once?

I googled "eli Yishai" in google news, couldn't find this quote.

It would be appreciated if people would leave links for these sorts of statements, as one could easily make them up.
edit on 18-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Well erm, I copied and pasted what "Ultramarine" posted into a search engine and what do you know.....

Israel interior minister vows to send Gazaback to middle ages
edit on 18-11-2012 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join