Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yep, they've never had anything of the size of a B anything let alone a B52.

I'll say it again, if B52's really are flying....well it's sh!t scary tbh.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
Just a suggestion- Could anyone reporting on Harry's statements, preface it by "Harry reports that...", something tho that effect? It would make things clearer I think.

Great idea, which is exactly why I did that very thing in my post at the top of page 117. It does make it very hard to keep up with what 'source' said what if there is not some kind of clarification I think.
edit on 18-11-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
From Harry Fears twitter account he has just posted up a picture of two Garzan children who had been attacked in an airstrike

(URL REMOVED BY POSTER)

edit on 18-11-2012 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
from twitter:

Tadamon ‏@3rdintifada
"Lowering the threshold for surgical strikes" - lovely new phrase I just heard on the BBC, it appears to mean... fb.me... (sentence finished on link: ..."killing families with bombs".#Gazaunderattack)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300
From Harry Fears twitter account he has just posted up a picture of two Garzan children who had been attacked in an airstrike

BE ADVISED THIS PICTURE SHOWS GRAPHIC MAJOR INJURIES !.

Are f crazy? Edit that crap... come on! Some respect!!!
edit on 18-11-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-11-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by severdsoul

Hope you feel better after a rest! ~hugs~

Thank you, ya a bit better now, once the drugs kick in, should be in good shape.

Note. Seems another group is at the border & have been told they can not enter because their safety can't be guaranteed. At least that's what I'm geting out of the Google translation. If we have anyone that can really translate, here's the link.
edit on 18-11-2012 by OneisOne because: ugh.

Now this i can believe, worrying about safety and liability there of makes a lot more sense than what was being told.

now to get caught back up in the thread
edit on 18-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
twitter:

3m Stop the War ‏@STWuk
Great video report of Saturday's #Gaza protest at Israeli Embassy in London: http://(link tracking not allowed)/RM7suc @hassan_ghani #GazaUnderAttack

I'm glad to see there are so many protests across the world with thousands of people in attendance.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

At one point (just after WWII) they flew B-17s, but quickly realized that a heavy bomber is incompatible with their security situation. A prime example with the B-52, is that if they aren't sitting alert, they used to have to run engines for 45 minutes before they could depart, to align their navigation system. If they were on alert, they could do an alignment, and it was good for something like 48 hours before they had to do another. They could do an alignment in flight, but they had to fly over fixed points to do it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
english.alarabiya.net...

Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip on Sunday said they shot down an Israeli Apache helicopter, an Al Arabiya correspondent reported, adding that a long range missile was also intercepted over Tel Aviv.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

They're going to lose a few more as well. The Apache is one of the most well designed helicopter gunships ever made, but it suffers the problem that all helicopters do. You can only put so much armor on them, and you can't armor the most vulnerable parts of them, the rotor system. Armor means weight, and weight means less lift, which means less carrying capacity for fuel, armaments, etc. That means you have to go to a more powerful engine, which means more weight, etc....

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
latest anoucement of anonymous

Greetings Citizens of the world,
This is Anonymous. It has come to our attention that the Israeli government has ignored repeated warnings about the abuse of human rights, shutting down the internet in Israel and mistreating its own citizens and those of its neighboring countries. November 2012 will be a month to remember for the Israeli defense forces and internet security forces. Israeli Gov. this is/will turn into a cyberwar.

Read further, including list of personal details of 5000 Israelian officials

(*LINK REMOVED*)

Admin Edit: Link removed. Passing along announcements is fine, but please don't link to sites that list personal details or are otherwise used for harassment of anyone. Thanks. -- Majic
edit on 11/18/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Since I cant read it anywhere, are there any updates on the ground offensive... or is bibi just acting like a coward and will keep bombing gaza from safety?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I've been under a B52 on flyby and that was something to behold.

God only knows how thinking two were on the way to bomb you would feel.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I know what you mean. I worked on them several times, and they're pretty impressive aircraft. It's amazing that they youngest of them is 60 years old, and they're going to be flying for a lot longer.

Having seen inside the bomb bays, the thought of having one of them heading my way for anything but a flyover at an airshow is frightening.

JAK

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is a great thread and I know I'm not alone in thanking all of you who have contributed so far. However it is easy for such threads to stray off topic and there are numerous existing threads where more in-depth discussion of any particular aspect can be enjoyed. Please note the wording in the image below:

and let's continue in the spirit and focus exemplified so far, and for which so many others have also expressed gratitude, which is offering updates to the situation .

Israel - Palestine Update Thread.

Thank you all again.
edit on 18/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

2040 isn't it? With the upgrades?

Sorry, getting off topic.

Is there definite confirmation an Apache is down?

edit on 18-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Anyone can be called Anonymous - even Iranian dos attack dogs.

Second line

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I haven't found any confirming sources yet, but as soon as I finish eating and get back to the room where I can sit down and start digging I'll keep looking.

ETA: I'm thinking they may have, as the Israeli military hasn't commented. Usually if it's not true they comment pretty quickly that it's not.
edit on 11/18/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

There is a reported video of the Apache shoot down Farah mentions she is trying to get it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Does the IDF/IAF have rotor UAVs?
I ask because most of the interweb claims for the F-16i kill that I saw seemed to show either a MiG-29 or a Mig-23.
Perhaps they got a rotor UAV and not an Apache.

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join