It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have a question for those with more knowledge than I on these matters. Harry just said he had a source tell him that 2 B52 bombers just left Israel headed towards Gaza. I was unaware that Israel had these aircraft. Can anyone confirm for me? I've done a quick google search on this and have turned up nothing of any note.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I believe that stream is coming from the roof of his apartment he is currently residing in. I dont think he can broadcast two streams on one account. He his accompanied by friends over there I believe.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by rai76

Harry Fear is a tool for Hamas and he only reports what he's told to say

I thought he was a bit of a tool. Thanks for the verification.

Anyone know why you can hear choppers, drones, gunfire and explosions on his feed but then you can watch RT or reuters and it's realitivly quiet.
edit on 18-11-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Israeli Apache Helicopter shot down around 4:12pm GMT in Gaza

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just hope the war won't spread any further.
And I hope even more dirty bombs won't be used.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Well, I have both his stream and the OccupiedAir stream both up at the moment and while the images are different, the audio is the same. Muting one still has the audio coming over the other. Been watching this since the thread went up, so yes, I am aware he has friends with him in the apartment he is residing in at the moment.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
I have a question for those with more knowledge than I on these matters. Harry just said he had a source tell him that 2 B52 bombers just left Israel headed towards Gaza. I was unaware that Israel had these aircraft. Can anyone confirm for me? I've done a quick google search on this and have turned up nothing of any note.

Thanks in advance.

No, they don't. They don't have any bombers? Pretty sure of it.

USAF do though.
edit on 18-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Trying to find some kind of confirmation, because there was also the claim of an F-16 shot down that may have turned out to be a UAV.

That being said, the Apache is one of the most vulnerable of assets, because it has to get in close, and it's slow. The armor will stop a lot of rounds, up to 23mm I believe it is, but the rotors are still vulnerable, as are the engines if you hit the intake or the exhaust. Damage the tail rotor, and no helicopter is going to stay in the air.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Morning everyone, thx for keeping up this thread

On twitter:

1hr Gigi Ibrahim ‏@Gsquare86
We all entered through Rafah border, even people with just I.D, 100s now attempting to enter Gaza #Egypt4Gaza

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Israel has no heavy bomber capability. They rely on tactical bombers, such as the F-15 and F-16. The heaviest aircraft they have are C-130s, and 707 tankers. No one but the US has ever operated a B-52 fleet of any kind.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
BREAKING: Palestinians down Israeli Apache helicopter

edit on 18-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
2 Truck Loads of 20 Cruise Missiles have been transported to Tel Aviv - Confirmed

link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by khimbar

Israel has no heavy bomber capability. They rely on tactical bombers, such as the F-15 and F-16. The heaviest aircraft they have are C-130s, and 707 tankers. No one but the US has ever operated a B-52 fleet of any kind.

Yeah I was just checking, didn't think they had any decent bombers.

Either Harry is wrong, lying or the US are suddenly over there!

link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn

Thanks in advance.

No, they don't. They don't have any bombers? Pretty sure of it.

USAF do though.

This is an important question. If Israel has nuclear missiles from the US, submarines from NATO countries and F16, it would be strange if they didn't have any bombers. What would they be threatening Iran with?

Bombers are needed to be able to bomb remote targets like Irans nuclear facilites, while remaining out of reach of conventional anti-aircraft systems. I would bet my ass they have them.

Also, this is consistent with reports of downed drones, F16s and helicopters. If they have such casualties, they will pull out bombers and cruise missiles like Harry just reported. Also, these have bigger destructive power imo, and with reports of IDF "exhausting targets in open space, announcing more civilian casualties" - things might escalate further.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by rai76

Harry Fear is a tool for Hamas and he only reports what he's told to say

I didnt know that... oh well, then its Harry Fear vs ABC, NBC, CBS, the Turner Broadcasting System, CNN, Time Warner... I dont know... What you think? I think Harry Fear CAN be a tool... at least someone has to be on the other side aye? Even if just one guy...

edit on 18-11-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Where do you get the information on IDF planes?

Tsom87

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
Where do you get the information on IDF planes?

Tsom87

IDF planes? Theres the IAF... you can check it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by badnickname

There are bombers, and there are Bombers. Israel uses tactical bombers, which fall into the first category. The F-15I is based on the F-15E platform, with modifications specific to Israel. The payload capacity of an F-15E is heavier than a WWII B-29 bomber.

The F-15E aircraft can carry payloads up to 23,000lb. The aircraft can carry up to four Lockheed Martin / Raytheon AIM-9LM infrared-guided Sidewinder air-to-air missiles, up to four Raytheon AIM-7F/M radar-guided Sparrow air-to-air missiles, or eight Raytheon AMRAAM radar-guided, medium-range air-to-air missiles.
Ranges for these missiles are: Sidewinder: 8km; Sparrow: 45km; and AMRAAM: 50km.
The range of air-to-ground ordnance includes guided GBU-10, -12, -15 and -24 bombs, and Raytheon AGM-65 Maverick infrared-guided missiles. Maverick's range is 25km.
The first units of GBU-15 glide bomb upgraded with Global Positioning System (GPS) guidance have been delivered for deployment on the F-15E. The Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) was cleared for carriage on the F-15E in February 2005. The aircraft will also be able to carry the Lockheed Martin AGM-158 joint air-to-aurface atand-off missile.
The F-15E is the first aircraft to be armed with the Boeing GBU-39 GPS-guided 113kg (250lb) small diameter bomb. Up to 12 bombs can be carried. The SDB entered Low-Rate Initial Production (LRIP) in April 2005 and achieved Initial Operating Capability (IOC) on the F-15E in September 2006.
The aircraft is also armed with an internal General Dynamics M-61A1 20mm Gatling gun installed in the right wing root, which can fire 4,000 or 6,000 shots a minute.

www.airforce-technology.com...

The IAF has always gone with a tactical bomber school of thought over a heavy bomber because a tactical bomber can be placed into a hardened shelter capable of withstanding a rocket hit, where a heavy bomber requires much more extensive and vulnerable infrastructure. Heavy bombers mean lots of room, aircraft parked in the open, and lots of targets on the ground.
edit on 11/18/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just a suggestion- Could anyone reporting on Harry's statements, preface it by "Harry reports that...", something to that effect? It would make things clearer I think. (most ppl are, but some are not, I think)

edit on 18-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: correction

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join