It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saying thankyou with stars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
OK, short rant.

New thread starts with, "please can someone help me." People reply trying to help with whatever problem is stated. Is it so hard for the OP to take the time and give those responders a star. I don't try for stars, normally I don't give a rainbow about stars.

But when you answer a plea for help, well, I just think it would be good manners! An alternative would be "Thanks for the help" but that does not happen nearly often enough.

Rant over!

P

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Feeling neglected?

Hang on in there champ

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Don't know! It seems that the world is going head long into (please insert disaster here) and all the nice parts of human nature are going, going, gone. I was raised to be polite and I guess I expect it in return. Is it not normal to say thank you to someone who takes the time to help. Does not matter if it is on ATS or out in the street.

I miss the niceties of life.

P

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Very true, it seems that manners are gone the way of the dodo my friend, have noticed that people are only out for themselves these days, I was raised to say please and thank you and you can be damn sure that my son is going to be raised that way too, at least then I'll know that there will be one polite person on this planet in the future

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

Very true, it seems that manners are gone the way of the dodo my friend, have noticed that people are only out for themselves these days, I was raised to say please and thank you and you can be damn sure that my son is going to be raised that way too, at least then I'll know that there will be one polite person on this planet in the future

There will be four, I have 3 sons, almost grown up. They are polite.

P

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by Todzer

There will be four, I have 3 sons, almost grown up. They are polite.

P

Maybe there is hope for all of us yet

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I agree, except I am going to whine that many OP's these days do not star responses. Seems rude to me. Any comment on your thread is a bump that keeps it alive, could you say Thank you, is it so hard?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yes. It would be good form and common courtesy to acknowledge a response to your response to their request for a response to a niggling matter. Which may or may not ... elicit a response from the respondent.

I think.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Perhaps a system of negative vibes. So as well as + Flags and + Stars we could add - Vibes for those people who are rude to us. Problem is, this is ATS, half the people on here would just as likely take -Vibes as a trophy and see how many they could collect.

Perhaps I just have too high an expectation for my fellow humans. So sad.

P

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Funny I just sent a personal U2U thank you to an ATSer who I thought was doing a brilliant job on a thread. We can only give one star and flag, and sometimes I think OPs, threads and posts are worthy more, so in those cases I send a quick message and give a little extra thanks. I don't do it often, but when I do it is because I really feel the writing is valuable.

I guess that is just me and how I am, but I know others are different. When I first began here on ats I was so excited to post, I was reckless and really didn't understand the nature of thread making or OPs, i did not even follow my own threads well and didn't think to star....it was really bad of me, and so I stopped making OPs for a long time because I was an irresponsible threadmaker.

now that I have been here awhile, really got used to how things operate, I understand why starring is important and it is not about ratings or popularity, it is about giving feedback and saying thank you to those who take the time to contribute, if I put something out there and people respond it isn't just being polite to give them a star, or because i like what they say, even if i dont like what they say, to me it is about building a better community that feels good about posting their thoughts regardless.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I have to agree with you here. If you ask for help, and someone takes the time & energy to help, that's as good a reason as any to star the post.

Even if it wasn't what you were after... well, at least they tried!

Star those helpful people, people!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your support.

LOL,obviously every one else is too busy, must be the middle east again. Yep, it is.

Thank you (yes, of course I starred you all!) lol

P

top topics

join