It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey all, hoping someone can help me with a question (energy connection feeling in new places)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have been a long time lurker and posted a few times but now I have a question and do not know where to ask it.

So I will need to explain what happens and hopefully someone can tell me what it might be.
It is a feeling I get when in certain interesting new places when thinking about who was there before me, the easiest way to explain it is to give an example.

So one of the places was an abandoned gun emplacement on a hill, lots of tagging on everything. It was my first time there and I was allowed to go for a walk around by myself. It was nice and quiet and my feeling was interested/curious/uneasy/cautious. I would look at the tags and imagine each person spraying it and try to think of how they felt being there and what they were doing. I looked at the ashes of a fire lit in a corner, imagined the people who lit it and what they were doing and feeling. I did this for broken bottles, empty spray cans and anything that I could think about or imagine it's history. I'm not sure why I do this, it's kind of a curiosity I guess. Often when the area I am in is quiet and I can look at a few different new things and I mix my feelings of being in that area with the feelings I imagining the people there before me had I get a really strange feeling that is hard to describe. It seems as if my vision is no longer my main sense and my main sense is feeling. It kind of hits me as a feeling through my whole body almost like I am connecting with the place I am in but it is very brief, maybe a couple of seconds and it does not give me any specific feeling, just an odd feeling. Does anyone else get this and know what it is?

I have had a similar experience in an abandoned hospital nurses quarter, the same hospitals bathroom, an old house, entering peoples houses for the first time etc.

Appreciate any help

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Sounds like a combination of three gifts. Patterning / Visual Thinking / Empathy. Very powerful triple. You are using your imagination to fire up all three. Can be very powerful, just remember that you are in control. It should never be the other way around. You can lose yourself.

There are other possibilities of course.

P

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!
Sounds like your a deep thinker. We can always use deep thinkers.
Enjoy and I will see you on the boards,
Quad

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Thanks for the reply. Can I develop these things? Are they useful? I always feel in control and never feel overwhelmed or anything like that. It is as if I align my feelings with the place I am in, I connect with it briefly and then I am satisfied with that connection feeling. Other times, for example entering a new strange house the feeling will hit me without even imagining or even thinking and it is more pronounced and lasts longer but I can't place my finger on the specific feeling, just a connected-ness strange feeling haha

And thanks Quad, I do like to think deeply about things (noticeably more then others around me).
edit on 15-11-2012 by Dontrunwithknives because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2012 by Dontrunwithknives because: fix

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You could of course be connecting spiritually. Your follow up questions would have me lean towards the spiritual rather than the gifted conceptual thinker. The latter would have researched the listed gifts before replying. The spiritualist would ask more questions as long as the answers keep coming. Different ways of thinking.

Your questions and further details would indicate a spiritual connection so I suggest you search for a while down that path. There are loads of threads on ATS, try the search function. Hell, there is a whole forum for you to read.

P

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I was leaning toward spiritual as well because in my mind it seems close to what psychics do when feeling the energy in places but I do not get the specific readings just a general feeling. And it just comes to me, I am not trying to be a psychic specifically trying to feel energy or anything of that nature. I am very hesitant to believe they are psychic abilities but it is the closest thing I can see that may explain what seems to be occurring. I was hoping someone would be able to say they have had similar experiences and shed some more light on them. I would like to develop and enhance these feelings/connections if they are anything. I am open minded and willing to try different ideas/tests if anyone has any
I will do some more reading in the forum.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dontrunwithknives
I have been a long time lurker and posted a few times but now I have a question and do not know where to ask it.

So I will need to explain what happens and hopefully someone can tell me what it might be.
It is a feeling I get when in certain interesting new places when thinking about who was there before me, the easiest way to explain it is to give an example.

So one of the places was an abandoned gun emplacement on a hill, lots of tagging on everything. It was my first time there and I was allowed to go for a walk around by myself. It was nice and quiet and my feeling was interested/curious/uneasy/cautious. I would look at the tags and imagine each person spraying it and try to think of how they felt being there and what they were doing. I looked at the ashes of a fire lit in a corner, imagined the people who lit it and what they were doing and feeling. I did this for broken bottles, empty spray cans and anything that I could think about or imagine it's history. I'm not sure why I do this, it's kind of a curiosity I guess. Often when the area I am in is quiet and I can look at a few different new things and I mix my feelings of being in that area with the feelings I imagining the people there before me had I get a really strange feeling that is hard to describe. It seems as if my vision is no longer my main sense and my main sense is feeling. It kind of hits me as a feeling through my whole body almost like I am connecting with the place I am in but it is very brief, maybe a couple of seconds and it does not give me any specific feeling, just an odd feeling. Does anyone else get this and know what it is?

I have had a similar experience in an abandoned hospital nurses quarter, the same hospitals bathroom, an old house, entering peoples houses for the first time etc.

Appreciate any help

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
First, hello. You sound like a very deep person. I was thinking that you sound like a STRONG empath. It also crossed my mind that you may have been at these places before eiither in a dream state or another life, etc....I've been wondering as of late myself about the strange places I am in my dreams because they are so detailed but I don't know where they are....Or the people who are there....Like I am traveling when I am sleeping, Could you have done something like this too? Just a thought....

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This is just my opinion. I am in no way any kind of expert on this stuff. That being said, I think that you have some gifts. Yes you can strengthen these gifts through use if they are real. But be careful about revealing this to the wrong people. I do not want to make you paranoid but say if you were talking with a shrink he/she might prescribe something to dull down these gifts.
If you decide to exercise these I would like to know the results after some time at it. You are free to pm me with the results if you do not care to post them.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlanT1
First, hello. You sound like a very deep person. I was thinking that you sound like a STRONG empath. It also crossed my mind that you may have been at these places before eiither in a dream state or another life, etc....I've been wondering as of late myself about the strange places I am in my dreams because they are so detailed but I don't know where they are....Or the people who are there....Like I am traveling when I am sleeping, Could you have done something like this too? Just a thought....
Thanks you for your reply, I recall hearing about empaths but obviously read about it a while ago. I did a google search and some of the empath qualities do apply to me. I feel that the qualities used to be stronger especially being able to read people. I used to always be able to tell peoples motives etc. but now not so much. I guess I have shut off to most people, my spiritual side has not been worked on for a while. Unsure if it is related but I really dislike small talk, it seems so fake. Anyway I do not think I have been to those places before but interesting you should say that because it made me remember something else. It does feel a little like the feeling of déjà vu. It does not feel like the event or experience currently being experienced had been experienced in the past but it is a similar sensation.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by remembering
This is just my opinion. I am in no way any kind of expert on this stuff. That being said, I think that you have some gifts. Yes you can strengthen these gifts through use if they are real. But be careful about revealing this to the wrong people. I do not want to make you paranoid but say if you were talking with a shrink he/she might prescribe something to dull down these gifts.
If you decide to exercise these I would like to know the results after some time at it. You are free to pm me with the results if you do not care to post them.

Thanks for your concern, I have not and would not tell this stuff to anyone. It almost feels like this is one of those things that everyone experiences but is so normal that nobody thinks or talks about it. Although I think that is not the case.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hello, my friend.

To my knowledge, you are allowing your body-mind to feel the energies that still lay there. You can understand how I am if you take a step back and think of space-time, rather than time-space.

When you were in that room, you are in the moment. It is not a 'future' moment..but THE moment. Essentially, to my understanding of it...You were allowing yourself to 'take yourself back in time' to the exact place you are in..and absorb the vibrations and energies that were present in that present..which is now 'your' present. Follow?

(My explanation may be confusing..but I am trying to explain and understanding that is not complete)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreeneLight
Hello, my friend.

To my knowledge, you are allowing your body-mind to feel the energies that still lay there. You can understand how I am if you take a step back and think of space-time, rather than time-space.

When you were in that room, you are in the moment. It is not a 'future' moment..but THE moment. Essentially, to my understanding of it...You were allowing yourself to 'take yourself back in time' to the exact place you are in..and absorb the vibrations and energies that were present in that present..which is now 'your' present. Follow?

(My explanation may be confusing..but I am trying to explain and understanding that is not complete)

Hey, thanks for your reply. That does fit well and sounds like a very good explanation. Especially the part about being in the moment because it does feel like an intense focus on the moment. It feels like I'm tuning in/focusing and then once it reaches a high enough level I get that energy feeling.

Is there anything else you can tell me about this? Is it possible to make it occur easier or last longer?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Is there anything else you can tell me about this? Is it possible to make it occur easier or last longer?

The knowledge you seek can be found within yourself. The "answer" you seek may lay outside of my knowledge, but I can offer you my own undestanding on such matter...

You may have heard of the old saying "Practice Makes Perfect"..something very apparent and critical in our experiences on this planet. So do just that, my friend..practice.

To make things less fristrating..

Go out into your environment. Whether it may be cold/hot, humid, baren etc. etc.. and seek the love in each moment. Go out and feel the vibrations and energies of life around you.

Becoming aware your surroundings, and becoming aware of the energies that lie all around you in your time-space, will condition your soul. The more aware you are of these energies, the more you seek in each moment in your time-space...the more you will be able to feel in space-time.

This practice will lead to 'easier' manifestation, and since you are conditioned in doing so..the period of these feelings may be increased..but it all depends on you.

I hope I have been of sufficent help.

join