It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientist says he is 95% sure there is life on Mars!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
An amazing statement from Professor Joseph Miller, who's been working on NASA space projects for 30 years admits that there is a 95% probability of Life on Mars. They have found liquid water right now on Mars and this is the key for Life as we know it.
Is there an hidden war inside NASA and /or other Intel/Military Agencies to hide the truth?

ijass.org...

International Journal of Aeronautical and Space sciences

Giorgio Bianciardi*, Joseph D. Miller**, Patricia Ann Straat***, Gilbert V. Levin****
Department of Patologia Umana e Oncologia, Università degli Studi di Siena, Via delle Scotte 6, 53100 Siena, Italy, Department of Cell and Neurobiology, Keck School of Medicine at USC, 1333 San Pablo St./BMT401, Los Angeles, CA 90033, Beyond Center, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 8528

Complexity Analysis of the Viking Labeled Release Experiments

Abstract: The only extraterrestrial life detection experiments ever conducted were the three which were components of the 1976 Viking Mission to Mars. Of these, only the Labeled Release experiment obtained a clearly positive response.

[...]We conclude that the complexity pattern seen in active experiments strongly suggests biology while the different pattern in the control responses is more likely to be non-biological. Control responses that exhibit relatively low initial order rapidly devolve into near-random noise, while the active experiments exhibit higher initial order which decays only slowly. This suggests a robust biological response. These analyses support the interpretation that the Viking LR experiment did detect extant microbial life on Mars.

[...]DETECT EXTANT MICROBIAL LIFE on Mars.............and they know this from 30 years.....

Hmmm.... It 's clear enough. Step by step NASA. Step by step.
But don't you think, NASA, that the time is come for the thruth?

edit on 15-11-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I am pretty sure they are talking about micobial life. Don't get your hopes set on any kind of "intelligent" life.
But hey, microbial life is a good start
S&F, good find.
Quad
edit on 15-11-2012 by Quadrivium because: S&F

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
I am pretty sure they are talking about micobial life. Don't get your hopes set on any kind of "intelligent" life.
But hey, microbial life is a good start
S&F, good find.
Quad
edit on 15-11-2012 by Quadrivium because: S&F

Step by step, Quad.

Step............. by..............step............

Thx

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
David Bowie sang the question in approx 1970 to the tune of I did it my way.
Now that question is being answered.
Bowie also sang the song killing the alien.
Perhaps who knows.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
David Bowie sang the question in approx 1970 to the tune of I did it my way.
Now that question is being answered.
Bowie also sang the song killing the alien.
Perhaps who knows.

The David Bowie's song was... "Loving the Alien"

And so we must do.....

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Even if this is only micro, this is huge. Any lifeform on another planet is massive news.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Cheers for that .. and theres always his song The laughing G..nome.
Yes he certainly was a prophet.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Not the freshest of the news, but still significant, S&F.
news.nationalgeographic.co.uk...

"The team concedes, however, that this finding by itself isn't enough to prove that there's life on Mars."

Note the word "interpretation" in the published paper at ijass.org... This is science, and in science, when you make a guess based on some evidence, you need to find further evidence to support it. Which is what Curiosity doing now.

I wouldn't say that NASA got definite proof of life on Mars and for some reason are hiding it. I think they simply don't want to look fools by anouncing life on Mars and then being challenged for evidence when there is none.

P.S. never does the OP imply here that the Martian life is intelligent. So why jump at him with "but it says microbial life!" An alien microbe is still an alien.
edit on 15-11-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

First, Miller does not work for NASA so he is not a NASA scientists. Second, his opinion is based on experiments conducted in 1979 by the Viking mission. NASA does not believe that mission found life. Third, he is talking about microbial life only, not what you think he means. Pretty much everything in your post is false or misleading.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
They have found liquid water right now on Mars and this is the key for Life as we know it.

They did? I have been too busy and haven't seen any news about it, could you point me to it?
Thanks in advance.

[...]DETECT EXTANT MICROBIAL LIFE on Mars.............and they know this from 30 years.....

Hmmm.... It 's clear enough. Step by step NASA. Step by step.

That's right, they are talking about something that is 30 years old, so how can that be considered "step by step"?

The situation hasn't changed.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

He is a former NASA Space Shuttle project director. He has also been directly involved with NASA through his work at the University of Southern California.
edit on 15-11-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The most exciting thing about this is it could lead to possible age testing is there were life forms such as yeast present in the water. We would have evidence of whether Mars is dying or birthing.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If there is life on Mars, than that basically means there must be intelligent life out there. Come on two planets that can potentially host life, even if it's microbial should automatically mean there is intelligent life somewhere. I doubt that two celestial bodies in the entire universe are the only ones capable of life ^_^

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

I'd be amazed if it's dying. It's more likely birthing. The sun is slowly getting warmer so it'd slowly warm Mars. It' may have only recently hit the minimum warmth. But of course i'm not exactly an expert.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Arken

Third, he is talking about microbial life only, not what you think he means.

Do you understand the significance of microbial life on other planets or are you expecting them to find cyborgs?
What science consider as life have more widely meaning than what you're assuming.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I find it interesting that every time there is a news article or a headline to a story, it has the words "There is LIFE on Mars!"

Why can't it ever say, "Scientists believe they have found Microbial Life on Mars"?

It is complete trickory to get us excited that there are walking and talking beings on that red planet. The day the articles read "Living, breathing, and walking Life-Like creatures found roaming on Mars Found!" is the day I will start paying attention.

Until then, we already know there is microbe life on Mars. Old news!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Arken

Third, he is talking about microbial life only, not what you think he means.

Do you understand the significance of microbial life on other planets or are you expecting them to find cyborgs?
What science consider as life have more widely meaning than what you're assuming.

False. Dont think you know what I assume. People on this forum think NASA know about alien forests and highly evolved animals. When they hear life on mars they think OMG that really was a squirrel in that picture!!! Maybe you missed where Arken talked about NASA coming closer to "disclosure". What science considers life does not have a wider meaning than what I assume, sorry.

In conclusion, life has not been found, this is evidence that dates back to 1979, not anything new, and there is no "disclosure".

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

But finding microbial life is finding life none the less. And as I just said finding life no matter what kind on another planet/celestial body within our own solar system has been said to be enough to say there is intelligent life.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

30 years is an awfully long time to sit on such an important microbial find ......Who the heck decides how far apart the steps need to be ??

Nice Find

tom
edit on 15-11-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

While Miller isn't NASA scientist, he indeed said that he's almost 100% sure that there is life on Mars.

"On the basis of what we've done so far, I'd say I'm 99 percent sure there's life there"
Source

What he also added is:

"The ultimate proof is to take a video of a Martian bacteria. They should send a microscope -- watch the bacteria move"

So the question is why NASA didn't want to send microscope out there, because clearly scientists did find traces of microbial life in numerous experiments, hey, they even managed to grow lichen in controled martian atmosphere here on earth.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join