Woman dies after abortion request 'refused' at Galway hospital (Ireland)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by DeadSnow
Karma is a b****...sounds mean but it's true.

2nd.

I dont understand? Karma implies that somehow she deserved to die?

My understanding is that karma does not function on deserving/lack of deserving. Karma functions like gravity. It is simple cause and effect. Until you know the bypass sequence (total forgiveness for all, starting with self), karma keeps you running in circles. It was designed to do so. Her karma was to die. All sadness is purely on the illusory level, and she, being a Hindu, would know that fact best. It is an insult to her beliefs (that is, if she's an orthodox Hindu) to pity or have sorrow for her. She did exactly as she was required to do, just as you all one day will do. To bemoan it is less than Hindu, just as racism is less than Christian.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Stop having per marital sex.Hey, there's a solution.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

Too lazy to read? Maybe have your pastor read the story to you then.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Septicaemia is the presence of disease-causing bacteria in the blood. The human body is host to a range of different bacteria that live harmlessly in various places such as the mouth, skin, bowel and genital tract. However, these bacteria can cause disease if they get into the bloodstream, particularly if a person is unwell or if their immune system isn’t strong enough to keep the invading organisms under control.

This is why people with pre-existing medical conditions are most likely to get septicaemia. Severe infections, such as those of the lung, will also often give rise to septicaemia. Septicaemia is fatal in about one in four cases because of the effects of large numbers of multiplying bacteria and the toxins they release in the blood. The bacteria strains most commonly responsible include Escherichia coli (E. coli), Pneumococcus, Klebsiella, Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus and Streptococcus. Other terms for septicaemia include bacteraemia and blood poisoning.
www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au...

How was this child the cause of this? Seems she would still have the problem regardless if she was pg or not? I don't see how having an abortion was the cure? Septicamia was the cause of her death not the child.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

no poster was meaning i believe that the doctors got bad karma coming their way for what they did to poor woman.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kllyblvn

People see "Pregnant woman refused an abortion, then dies!" and immediately start jumping on the bandwagon it seems. Sad that people are turning a tragic death by infection of a woman into a political rally cry over abortion....

If you don't like the way Ireland is run, then by all means, don't move there.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Coppertone

I believe in something far more balanced with very early freely provided and easy to obtain abortions discreet for youth, 7 week cutoff and careful decisions made with medical conditions, and later on, decisions made to save both.

In this case, it seems they made the wrong decision, and their error cost the mother's life.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
In my opinion she should have been allowed an abortion because it is her body and, I believe, her choice. (the fact that she was Hindu and that she really needed the abortion to live are both secondary for me, although also valid arguments)

IF, and only if her life was really threatened then imo they should have done a cesarean operation to get the baby out without risking the mother. If a cesarean operation was not feasable and as long as her life was at risk, then it should be the decision of the mother whether she wants an abortion or not.

However, this claim that a fetus is "a mother's body" is based on a FALSE BELIEF... A fetus has it's own organs, it has a heart, it has it's own skin. It is NOT part of a woman's body just because it is inside a woman's womb...

If a fetus was part of a woman's body, then every person who has worms inside their bodies, those worms are part of their bodies as well...

Intestine worms for example. They feed off the host, living inside your body, so I guess the worms are part of people's bodies...

BTW, intestine worms ARE NOT THE SAME as human fetus, for those who would try to claim a fetus is "a virus"...

There are sometimes that I really hope every ...person who claims a human fetus is a virus should have been the first people aborted and never allowed to live in this world...

edit on 16-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by Miri08
In my opinion she should have been allowed an abortion because it is her body and, I believe, her choice. (the fact that she was Hindu and that she really needed the abortion to live are both secondary for me, although also valid arguments)

IF, and only if her life was really threatened then imo they should have done a cesarean operation to get the baby out without risking the mother. If a cesarean operation was not feasable and as long as her life was at risk, then it should be the decision of the mother whether she wants an abortion or not.

However, this claim that a fetus is "a mother's body" is based on a FALSE BELIEF... A fetus has it's own organs, it has a heart, it has it's own skin. It is NOT part of a woman's body just because it is inside a woman's womb...

If a fetus was part of a woman's body, then every person who has worms inside their bodies, those worms are part of their bodies as well...

Intestine worms for example. They feed off the host, living inside your body, so I guess the worms are part of people's bodies...

BTW, intestine worms ARE NOT THE SAME as human fetus, for those who would try to claim a fetus is "a virus"...

There are sometimes that I really hope every ...person who claims a human fetus is a virus should have been the first people aborted and never allowed to live in this world...

But does anyone tell a person that they don't have the right to take the worms out of their own body? If you have something in your body that you don't want in there, you have the right to take it out. If in the process, the life form taken out of your body doesn't live outside of your body - oh well. That's God's will.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

But does anyone tell a person that they don't have the right to take the worms out of their own body? If you have something in your body that you don't want in there, you have the right to take it out. If in the process, the life form taken out of your body doesn't live outside of your body - oh well. That's God's will.

A worm is NOT A HUMAN BEING, not even a DEVELOPING HUMAN BEING... There is a big difference between intestine worms and a human fetus...

BTW, if a baby is born, and the mother doesn't want to take care of it, according to your way of thinking I guess it is alright if the mother allows the born baby to starve to death...

If a mother of a child 2-10 years old doesn't want to take care of her children, after all the children has part of the mother's dna, so it must be a part of her body, then it is alright IN YOUR STATE OF MIND that the mother allows her children to starve to death...

That's a good way of thinking you got there going...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Abortions have been illegal forever in Ireland. Although this is tragic, it isn't like the couple didn't know.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bluloa

Absolutely 100% agree with you, I wondered why she just didn't come to the US, they would've ripped that thing out, gift wrapped it and had her home by sun down.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

A worm is NOT A HUMAN BEING, not even a DEVELOPING HUMAN BEING... There is a big difference between intestine worms and a human fetus...

BTW, if a baby is born, and the mother doesn't want to take care of it, according to your way of thinking I guess it is alright if the mother allows the born baby to starve to death...

If a mother of a child 2-10 years old doesn't want to take care of her children, after all the children has part of the mother's dna, so it must be a part of her body, then it is alright IN YOUR STATE OF MIND that the mother allows her children to starve to death...

That's a good way of thinking you got there going...

No, if the mother doesn't want the fetus, the hospital could take it and give it to an adoption agency after it's taken out of the mother.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

If in the process, the life form taken out of your body doesn't live outside of your body - oh well. That's God's will.

Heck, if mothers, or fathers don't feed their children and they die in the process it shouldn't be considered murder ACCORDING TO YOUR VIEW... After all, ACCORDING TO YOUR VIEW, if the children can't feed themselves it must be "God's will"...

You should put some serious thought in your arguments, because so far you haven't made one intelligent, or concise argument...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If in the process, the life form taken out of your body doesn't live outside of your body - oh well. That's God's will.

Heck, if mothers, or fathers don't feed their children and they die in the process it shouldn't be considered murder ACCORDING TO YOUR VIEW... After all, ACCORDING TO YOUR VIEW, if the children can't feed themselves it must be "God's will"...

You should put some serious thought in your arguments, because so far you haven't made one intelligent, or concise argument...

Your arguments aren't working. If the mother decides to keep the child, then she has responsibility of caring for the child. If the mother decides not to keep the child, but instead decides to give it up - there's no law against that. She then relinquishes all responsibility. Consequently, if the mother decides to take the fetus out of her body, she is now not responsible for what happens to the fetus after it is removed. She is giving the fetus up. If there's no law against giving a child up, there should be no law to give a fetus up. What happens to the child after it has been given up is no longer the mother's responsibility. What happens to the fetus after it has been given up is also no longer the mother's responsibility.
edit on 16-11-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

If the mother decides not to keep the child, but instead decides to give it up - there's no law against that.

Huh? Oh yes, there is. Abandoning a child is a crime. Parents are obligated by law to take care of their children.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
doublepost
edit on 16/11/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
How about everyone who doesn't want to have a baby and still want to have sex for the sole purpose of pleasure, just get yourselves fixed, then there won't be any excuse, and even if you get raped you won't need to go as far as an abortion.

Everything one does has consequences, if you are going to engage in sexual intercourse, you should be well aware of the risks and the responsibilities. Rape victims aside (this is usually brought up to derail the discussion once certain points are made) there is a difference, and basically, if you are raped why would someone wait so long to find out if they are pregnant, where available, after reporting it and what not, there is the morning after pill isn't there?

It's your body, but you didn't want to create a life, then why engage in the activity mother nature designed to create life? It is pleasurable by design to ensure procreation of a species. In the end Mother nature gets ripped off and the unborn child gets ripped off, all because somebody is horny but doesn't want to suffer the consequences.

Either don't have sex, or get yourself fixed, that's putting it simple, I know there are other more complicated situations, like when someone wanted to have a baby, though everyone knows the risks, but how about to start we keep it simple and work from there to reach a reasonable compromise because I've seen decent people become enemies over such a topic, civility goes right out the door after a very short while.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So thats one woman who died because she did not get an abortion in like 50 years.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by kaylaluv

If the mother decides not to keep the child, but instead decides to give it up - there's no law against that.

Huh? Oh yes, there is. Abandoning a child is a crime. Parents are obligated by law to take care of their children.

People give children up for adoption all the time - it is not against the law to do that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join