It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could ATS become A Religion? ie The Spirit Of Denying Ignorance ...could be our faith ideaology.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
ATS has hundreds of thousands of members worldwide.
The mantra of this portal is "To deny Ignorance".

With the proliferation of all sorts of weird and wonderful organisations declaring themselves a religion..why not ATS and its members its.. believers/followers?

We could tithe and get a tax deduction on our charitable donations to religion..the ATS overlords could receive tax free income in the millions per year.

Great projects all over the world could be initiated with this money ...all with the aim of .."Denying Ignorance".

The website/portal could be developed into the best in the entire world ...colaborative projects involving members could be also created right here on ATS.
Feeding the starving..for one.

Why not?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I certainly hope not. Religion is the worst thing for itself. Look at the teachings of Jesus, for example. Love they neighbor, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Or my favorite, "Do not call attention to the mote in your neighbor's eye, with out first attending to the plank in your own."

Now, look at those who claim to be Christians and then do the exact opposite of Jesus' teachings.

I'm not being down on Christianity, just using the religion I'm most familiar with as example. Denying Ignorance can become Ignorance incarnate.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

I'm not being down on Christianity, just using the religion I'm most familiar with as example. Denying Ignorance can become Ignorance incarnate.

Very true but there would be punishment for those who break the "eternal Rule of ATS"

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
ATS has hundreds of thousands of members worldwide.
The mantra of this portal is "To deny Ignorance".

There is actually alot of ignorance on ATS and there always will be a high level of denial.

I have seen countless posts that go deep down the rabbit hole getting shot down in seconds by denialists.

This site will only become important if a major earth change occurs on Dec 21 2012.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The Cult of ATS? No, sorry, too organized for me.

But try the orange sloth flavored Cool-Aid.

Who doesn't like sloths?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Why Yes my son. We all must embrace Denying Ignorance. This is how your soul will be cleansed. You must now come to church and take communion ( s'mores and chocolate milk served on playboy centerfolds). We will sing hymns from the angelic bands Kraftwerk and The Resonance with perhaps a little Dead Milkmen thrown in. We will pray to the great alphabet agency that is ATS and go forth to make converts out of politicians and the 1 percenters.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I have seen countless posts that go deep down the rabbit hole getting shot down in seconds by denialists

Agree with you on that score..but denial is healthy even denying the truth if one as yet doesn't believe.

Freedom of thought is what ATS ideally represents.

And freedom is a basic tenet of a true religion.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yes it could be... but that conflicts with my religious beliefs currently. I am a baconist and the Cult of Bacon leader. When it comes to religions, there can be only one.... all hail bacon.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Iam sure there are thousands of ATS members who love nothing more than a good bacon buttie.
You can't stop at one ..your heart demands more.
In fact Iam going to make one right now ..yes Bacon Butty supper.
Sorry went slightly off topic

top topics

join