It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheap Casserole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I always loved this as a kid when times were tough...before kraft dinner came out

1 can of tuna(dolphin friendly of course)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup(Campbells was better than no -name)
450 grams of penne or elbows or twisty's...pasta

1/2 cup of milk(from goat,cow,,etc)

Boil noodles on medium with some butter or any lube available(oil for non sticky)
Drain and combine every thing above....use your imagination with what you have

Remember...it's easy to stay alive with hardly nothing

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Never tried it with tuna but it's delicious with chicken. YUM!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I have heard of the chicken salad...but isn't that a cold dish?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
reply to post by Night Star

I have heard of the chicken salad...but isn't that a cold dish?

The dish I make is hot. I just put pieces of chicken into the cream of mushroom, make my pasta then mix it all together. Sometimes I add bits of mushrooms too. There is also another way you can make it by adding sour cream and bacon to the whole mix. I'm gaining weight as we speak.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sounds good. Lately I have been playing around with a turkey and green bean casserole with cream of mushroom. It is pretty darn good and cheap.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Going to do the same - but with Ham and brussels sprouts. Left over ham with about 16oz of brussels, with a huge family size can of condensed cream of chicken. Mixed in with the left over french's onion thingies. Season and mix some more. Top it off with the extra boxes of stuffing (mixed already) I have. Bake until warm and bubbly. Serve with hwhite rice - maybe brown if I make the rice before the wife wakes.

Hope it doesn't taste like poo - but the Cheap Casserole idea is a golden one. Trying to teach the wifey this - after many years of her making leftovers into stir fry or fried rice...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

That sounds really, really good! I will be sure to give that one a try sometime. I agree...the simple and cheap meals are usually the most delicious.

Stir-fry and fried rice is right up there on my list too.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ahh tuna noodle casserole! MMMMMMM!

You can add frozen or canned veggies if you want as well. I usually add whatever I have available lol

It's the original tuna helper! I always tell people those boxed meals are super easy to make on your own and taste much better if you ask me! I always wondered what was in those "flavor" packets!

This sounds so good but I have no canned tuna. Not allowed while pregnant
I could eat this entire casserole on my own right now.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Seeing this just made me think of TURKEY TETRAZZINI! It's my alternative to tuna casserole! I have PLENTY of turkey!

Oh thank you! I'm gonna get in the kitchen just as soon as my muffins are done cooking and make a nice big serving of turkey tetrazzini. I'm sure a recipe thread will soon follow

Side note lol When i worked at the Elementary School turkey tetrazzini day was my favorite and i would always get seconds and thirds if they let me. It was the one school meal I really enjoyed!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
Sounds good. Lately I have been playing around with a turkey and green bean casserole with cream of mushroom. It is pretty darn good and cheap.

MMMMM green bean casserole! Turkey in the mix? Never tried that! I have lots of left over turkey since i made an 11lb turkey for myself. I will have to try this later on in the week. I can eat green bean casserole as a meal and have. My old roommate use to tease me about my love for green bean casserole. It's also those french fried onions. MMMM.

new topics

top topics

join