It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are You Holding On To?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Source

Tell me what actual benefit you receive from living the “normal” lifestyle – a 2-hour commute to work each day, spending 8 hours in a corporate cubicle that removes your individuality and creativity, to receive a paycheck from which the government has taken its huge and undeserved bite from leaving almost enough to cover your bills and expenses – just so that you can live in the kind of house and drive the kind of car that your friends and relatives think you should live in and be driving.

We all must admit that for some strange reason we don't really understand, we feel a profound sense of accomplishment when we get approved for a mortgage, get a new credit card, or get the “big promotion” at work. There is a scene in the movie Brazil, (a version of 1984), in which Michael Palin lifts his mask as he is about to begin torturing Jonathan Pryce and says glibly, “Confess quick – you don't want to ruin your credit rating!”

We strive, we sacrifice health, family, and well-being for the opportunity to be a better slave.

While this is kind of a 'become a prepper' story. the first few paragraphs apply to almost all people.

If you are one of those people that loves going to work and also loves the work they do, then good on you, but, you're not in the majority.

I think becoming a prepper is great idea, why would you rely on someone else when you do not have to? And lets be real, if SHTF the people that will survive will be the ones who have prepared for it.

But, the real question here is why do we do the same thing every day without any end in sight?

Einstein said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Are we individually insane? is our culture insane?

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Cultural programing is a high art to those engaged in design of the operating system. There are think tanks and social research centers associated with many universities funded by your tax dollars to figure out what makes Americans tick.

These guys know a lot about us....

www.brookings.edu...-programs/

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well,my commute could be 10 minutes or 2 hours.
Doesn't matter cause I get paid for it.

I am holding on to what I have and what I can use it for if the grid goes down,or my stone house comes crumbling down.

What I am truly holding on to is passing knowledge off to my kids that they will be able to use.
Not really worried about myself,just my 11 and 14 year old.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Well,my commute could be 10 minutes or 2 hours.
Doesn't matter cause I get paid for it.

I am holding on to what I have and what I can use it for if the grid goes down,or my stone house comes crumbling down.

What I am truly holding on to is passing knowledge off to my kids that they will be able to use.
Not really worried about myself,just my 11 and 14 year old.

But your passing on a world where your kids are being raised to be slaves.

I have children of my own, and I feel ya, but the world our children will inherit will be vastly different. I hope we get smart and make it for the better, but that's not the road we're heading down.

Do we just accept that?

Pred...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

But your passing on a world where your kids are being raised to be slaves. I have children of my own, and I feel ya, but the world our children will inherit will be vastly different. I hope we get smart and make it for the better, but that's not the road we're heading down. Do we just accept that?

There is a balance.
My son ,who is only 11 yrs,can start a fire with almost anything and has killed a few squirrels,cleaned them and cooked them on a fire.
How will he do when or if the modern way of life goes away,hard to tell.
All I can do is pass on the knowledge,more then my dad ever did,and use it when the time comes.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

But, the real question here is why do we do the same thing every day without any end in sight?

Deep down inside a self preserves dignity and moral virtues with pride and redemtion...What have we been taught?...I'm holding on to hope and graciousness for the sake of my fore bearers....If they muck up,I'm all for haunting

top topics

join