It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free to a good home; AVATAR CREATIONS spares, scraps and leftovers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Anyone who’s visited the Avatar Creations thread knows ATS has a first rate team of graphic artists with a love for helping their fellow members to put on the best of the best avatars available on the web.

I’m not nearly as talented as a lot of the others on that thread but, I do enjoy trying to help out other members with my meager skills, trying to track down good pics for them to use as avatars and resizing them for whoever could use them.

Whenever a member puts in a request, we all jump to put together our very best to give them options for an avatar. We all put together many options for each request but, only one option (or a few) actually get chosen by the person making the request, leaving behind a lot of awesome artwork, sitting there, on the shelf, unused.

One of the members made the suggestion that we put together a gallery of our unused artwork for the other members to enjoy and maybe even find an avatar that suits them, so I figured I’d make this thread so we could have a place to display our unused art and a place for members who need an avatar to stop by, get some ideas and maybe even find an avatar that suits them.

All the avatars in this thread are free to a good home. You just have to promise to take care of it, feed it and clean up after it (believe me those cat avatars can leave one messy litter pan) and enjoy using them. There is nothing we like better than seeing someone chose one of our creations for their very own.

If you have something specific in mind for your avatar, please visit the Avatar Creations thread with your request and we’ll be sure to put something good together for you. In the meantime, enjoy the art in this thread and feel free to give one a home in your profile.

MOD NOTE:
Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds
Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

edit on Thu Nov 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here's some of the stuff I've posted there:

[image removed by staff]

edit on Thu Nov 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh what? Only 1 cute kitten avatar?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I keep all the cute kitty avatars for my own personal use.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That's absolutely beautiful! I had no idea there was such talent here. It's simply amazing! I'll come back just to see them again. Thank you.

(My avatar's pretty much who I am. Don't know how I could change it.)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A lot of excellent avatars there FA! Enjoyed checking them out.

I also wanna commend y'all for helping folk out. That's a rarity these days and says a lot about our community here.

To the Avatar Creations Team:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thanks!

I will take one of your ducks for obvious reasons.

I am in your debt.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yay!!! I've really been meaning to change my Avatar. Could never get the dimensions right. Twas a pretty waterfall but you can't tell by looking at it, lol. (And you can't really make out my fun play on words either. :

Can I have the cute kitty??? And can it have these words on it...

new_here
new_hear
knew_hear
knew_here

It sort of tells a story. The story of me being here on ATS. In a play-on-words kind of way.

Edit to add: Or this one? I kind of like the green, earthiness of it. What do you think?

edit on 11/14/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I have had a picture on my computer or several months now that I actually had downloaded for you. I have seen your avatar many times on the boards and this image, for some reason, screamed to be saved for you. I don't know why but I kept it in the hopes you would come into the Avatar Creations thread looking for an upgrade. I guess now is as good as any time to give it to you. If you don't like it thats okay Just leave it in here for someone else.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Very nice collection,especially the red heads.

Oh,sorry was that creepy? Didn't mean to sound creepy,just like fiery red heads.
Just can't live with them.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Okay, I need to kidnap whoever is making those beautiful night scenes across water with all the lighting effect. I need the answers to the secret formula that makes such things....I seem to be at a loss in graphics for that special mojo.

Nice work on all of them! Some of that must have taken real serious time for the depth and detail.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have to make this public.

I bow to you Agarta. You are magnificent. A perceptive, artistic, soul with great feeling. Your kindness and thoughtfulness sets you on a pinnacle. And to combine all of that artistry with patience in trying circumstances is truly remarkable.

I admire you deeply and thank you for the new image for me. I'll try to live up to it.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
What a great thread, and these are just left-overs?! I have a feeling that I will be visiting the Avatar Creation thread in the near future. There are a lot of talented (and kind) people here.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I love the Jesus UFO battle... Now you've reminded me I need to get off my lazy butt and pick an avatar. Some day....

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I have to make this public.

I bow to you Agarta. You are magnificent. A perceptive, artistic, soul with great feeling. Your kindness and thoughtfulness sets you on a pinnacle. And to combine all of that artistry with patience in trying circumstances is truly remarkable.

I admire you deeply and thank you for the new image for me. I'll try to live up to it.

With respect,
Charles1952

Agreed - Agarta is the Leonardo of the crew, hands down. We would be lost without him.

All of the talent in that thread is a force to be reckoned with.....Agarta - you da man

Fort - you also da man!!

OVER 3000 POST IN LESS THAN 6 MONTHS - THE THREAD FROM HELL!!!
edit on 15-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Thank-you Purple Chiten aka Shellie for the awesome and ongoing coolest and chillest thread on the net.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think I should add that all the pics in my post are sized for background images. In order to get the full effect from them, follow these instructions:

To get your pic up, find the green PROFILE BACKGROUND under the image.

Click on that and it will take you right to your profile page with the image already loaded up for you. All you have to do is hit SUBMIT and it should be set.

Good luck.

ALSO: you WILL need a transparent image in your avatar space for the full length image to show through. Here's one:

Its up there, really it is. Copy that to your files and load it up as your avatar just like the background image.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Another note for those who wish to add their art to this thread (and I hope some more members chose to participate soon), if you want to stack your pics like I did in my post, you just have to follow these directions:

It all revolves around using the last code choice to make your posts. The External full URL link code.

That code is the key to solving all of your pic placement and resizing issues. All you have to do is copy this code and post it between the proper BB codes and you’re in business. You just need to know the proper BB codes to get your pics to do what you want them to do.

In order to justify your pics right or left and wrap the text around them, you use the

[ imgr]code[ /img] for the right side or [ imgl]code[ /img] for the left side.

You can also us this method to stack small images, one after another, in a line in your posts as I do when posting multiple non-ATS approved smileys. It’s best to put a space between the codes when you do this or funny things can happen.

[ imgl]code[ /img] [ imgl]code[/img] [ imgl]code[ /img] [ imgl]code[ /img] [ imgl]code[ /img]

Its a little more work but, I think the results are worth it.

ETA: See my Fun with pictures thread for more tips on how to manipulate images within a post.

edit on 11/15/12 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh wow. Some stunning work and I've been wondering what to use as a new member here! Thank you so much! So many great choices. Now to just figure out how to add it lol and I do appreciate your directions, just not so good at these things :-)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Beautiful avatars! I hope we see some more of them around the board soon (I've already seen a few today).

I also am partial to kitties. Thank you so much for my cute Christmas Kitty- I love it!!!

You guys at Avatar Creations are awesome!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JustLu

For people who need help with the basic avatar uploading, the best place to go for directions is right here:

Avatar upload: Step by step instructions with pictures (2012)

I'll be posting a bunch of my regular avatar sized stuff later when I get home.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join